• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
That looks awesome, how do I buy it though? And what's the price?

Heh, unfortunately you will have to wait until they do another run. It is really beautiful. Also, impressive hardware:
FABRIC Cordura Ballistic 1050D, Black
TRIMS Black YKK zipper, Black Horween Chromexcel leather accents

1.jpg

2.jpg

This is pretty nice and affordable. If the one Horse Detective posted is too expensive this might be a good choice. That other one is gorgeous though.

Also, RIP Floral Print, Spring 2014-Fall 2014? Or is it still approved?

It is $89.

Alucrid

Banned
i don't know shit about their academics, but i knew a few people who went there and the area is pretty cool. pretty sure it's desolate of any fashionable stuff though

overcast

Heh, unfortunately you will have to wait until they do another run. It is really beautiful. Also, impressive hardware:

1.jpg

2.jpg

It is $89.
Perfect price, but damn. I have to sign up or something, right?

Enron

Banned
speaking of bags, i noticed that Navali had some stuff cheap last weekend so i jumped in on a natural canvas Mainstay messenger that for some reason was deep discounted for 35 bucks. After i ordered, it shot back up to 130 and now its down to 50.

I recieved it today - real impressed with the construction. thick canvas, insanely thick woven strap that is so thick that it feels like its padded, nice sturdy heavy zips.

There's just one problem - it's too goddamned small. they say it will fit a 13" laptop, but i dont see how. the pocket looks too small. I tried to fit my 15" work lenovo into the main compartment (as suggested on some yt videos and forum posts) and it very nearly doesn't fit and there's no room for ANYTHING else, hah.

All in all, I am really pleased with all this for 35 bucks but it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to do. It will be a perfect bag for toting around my Surface pro, though.

0CeFiAf.jpg

CatPee

speaking of bags, i noticed that Navali had some stuff cheap last weekend so i jumped in on a natural canvas Mainstay messenger that for some reason was deep discounted for 35 bucks. After i ordered, it shot back up to 130 and now its down to 50.

I recieved it today - real impressed with the construction. thick canvas, insanely thick woven strap that is so thick that it feels like its padded, nice sturdy heavy zips.

There's just one problem - it's too goddamned small. they say it will fit a 13" laptop, but i dont see how. the pocket looks too small. I tried to fit my 15" work lenovo into the main compartment (as suggested on some yt videos and forum posts) and it very nearly doesn't fit and there's no room for ANYTHING else, hah.

All in all, I am really pleased with all this for 35 bucks but it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to do. It will be a perfect bag for toting around my Surface pro, though.

http://i.imgur.com/0CeFiAf.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Was the Boatswain on sale as well? It might be the better choice for you from a usability standpoint.

giga

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/0CeFiAf.jpg[/img]

0zmwm.gif

giga

The bag has a laptop pocket inside the main compartment that is made for 13" laptops. But they say that if you have larger laptop, you can simply just put it IN the main compartment itself.
These are the interior measurements on their site: 13 ½"(w) x 12"(h) x 4"(d)

What are the dimensions of your laptop?

Enron

Banned
These are the interior measurements on their site: 13 ½"(w) x 12"(h) x 4"(d)

What are the dimensions of your laptop?

I don't know offhand, but the screen size is 14.something or 15".

Anyways the laptop does fit - just not all that well. Bag was only 35 bucks, so eh. I can just use it for my Surface Pro.

CatPee

Keep an eye out on Amazon. Navali tend to randomly discount their listings into the $40 range sometimes for a brief moment.

i don't know shit about their academics, but i knew a few people who went there and the area is pretty cool. pretty sure it's desolate of any fashionable stuff though

fashion is overrated anyways.

Don't you live in Los Angeles?

I do and I recently transferred to a local school here but it's awful. Looking to throw out a wide net and see if any schools farther away will let me in. California has the worst rules when it comes to max/min transfer credit and how/when you can apply. I was shocked to see u of pitt has rolling admission. You could live 100 years and never see that in California.

Don't mind at all. Currently studying economics. Hoping to further progress to a masters in finance from a top 50.

Part of the reason I'd like to try my chances elsewhere would be school rankings matter when trying to get into master programs. Pitt is 62nd in the nation which is not mind blowing but still not bad

yeah one of my friends still isn't back in school after Fullerton didn't let him transfer with his credits from Biola. it sucks

Nothing at all or was he over limit? Either way they have the worst policy in the country. I guess when they have all those people trying to go there they can just make whatever demands they want. There are more respected institutions that would allow you to just take one years worth of classes and graduate whereas even the crappiest state school in CA demands at least 2 years of residency.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

0CeFiAf.jpg

I have that bag and rather like it, but some parts of it are poorly made. One of the leather straps inside broke within a couple of months, although I barely used them (button/unbuttoned them rarely). The leather part connected to the zipper on the back was also gone within half a year and the leather lining on the flap unstitched after a couple of months. This was easily repaired though, It's a sturdy bag otherwise and I like the look, but definitely not perfect quality.

Nothing at all or was he over limit? Either way they have the worst policy in the country. I guess when they have all those people trying to go there they can just make whatever demands they want. There are more respected institutions that would allow you to just take one years worth of classes and graduate whereas even the crappiest state school in CA demands at least 2 years of residency.
I think it had to do with Biola being a private christian school and so fullerton not really counting it as real. But it was a long while ago now so I don't remember the details all that well, just that he got totally fucked over

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Reposting from the F/S/T thread:

Selling like new Issey Miyake "W" Watch (Silay008)! Comes with retail package and authenticity card! Message me for pictures and price!

10929174_10152526716985303_6286480153672618378_o.jpg

It is $89.
That looks nice. I love that it has a side storage/pocket for a travel mug. That's one thing I really wish my Incase had :/ It is one of the most useful compartments. The price on these isn't bad either.

MegalonJJ

Banned
a friend took a photo of me and i guess it works as a waywt so....

me wearing slp jeans with slp boots and an slp denim jacket and a ratty old t shirt

and my dog

Is that a (pup) bully?

Also, Farfetch...yoox....brehs, go bespoke for dat smoking jacket!

Save the scrolling for when your gf is annoying you to do some mundane shit and you're pretending to be working.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Unrelated to fashion but I remember Alucrid lives in Pennsylvania. You know if u of Pitt is any good. Thinking of attending.

I'm in Pittsburgh, it's a good school and a cool area.

My Barbour Commander just came in the mail.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Pics? I've been thinking about getting one since I can get a pretty good deal. Not sure about the fit though. What color did you get the Olive or Blue?

I could use a new jacket. I've always fancied the jackets with the off-center zippers.

Any suggestions?

I much prefer an old school classic look. I just don't get the new wave stuff...

spuckthew

I need some new smart clothes. Anyone know the best places (preferably in the UK, but am open to ordering elsewhere if international shipping is available) that does good skinny or very slim-fitting suits?

I'm built quite skinny and I'm not particularly tall. I can probably answer my own question by just saying "get a tailored suit", but the only place I know without resorting to that is Top Man. I'm currently rocking skinny fit Next trousers and Asos skinny fit jackets, but a 'skinny fit' on me is equivalent to a 'slim fit' on an average guy...

I got some slick Paul Smith dress shoes from the GF for Christmas and want to spruce up the rest of my image for work.

Top Bottom