• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

oh, well, your bulge sense is much greater than mine.

you can always google roberto bolle, the ballet dancer they hired for the event, if you need some mancandy

overcast

I feel like they would charge you to sample expensive designer cologne. Or you need to sign a contract to purchase a $1000+ item in the next two years.

True Mac?

not at all, if you are knowledgeable and personable it's quite easy to get samples of just about anything provided they have it. I usually walk away with a handful when i go to barney's etc. sadly hermes did not have any cuir d'ange tubes for me to take, but they spray a small ribbon with the stuff multiple times. much better than a paper card.

MZ9KKhm.jpg

also if you want dudes to chase you down the street asking about your coat, wear something with fuzzy alpaca.

overcast

Ribbon, interesting. That outfit looks great Mac. Something a more professional me would absolutely wear.

I've gone so stagnant lately.

NinjaBoiX

It was £12.99 on sale mac, steal!

I got this one too but I dunno, I like the colour but I'm not so keen on the fit, the sleeves are a little baggy. I might take it back:

- We Are The Superlative Conspiracy, £9.99

CatPee

Anyone have a Farfetch referral name they wanna send my way? I'm about to drop $400 there and 10% off would be nice for my wallet.

took a break from saint laurent and bought the robert geller ss14 patch bomber. can't wait to wear it in three months when i can't see my breath anymore.

Hmm, that looks very ideal. Been looking for a new wallet, I have a Diesel one which is functional enough but I hate the fact it says Diesel on it in big letters.

Yeah, I use to be about flashy wallets from Italian brands, but then I realised its just a waste. I would rather just have something that functions well. Plus bulky wallets ruin the nice aesthetics of a suit.

BTW I saw your Suit Supply response to my comments and I am excited to try them out. I am thinking about getting a Havana suit to cope with the summer heat. I don't like the Jort ones because the model looks like a clown.

Salazar

What's my best shipping solution to buy something from Unionmade and get it to Australia (because they stopped shipping here, innit) ?

purg3

slept with Malkin
what kind of socks do i wear with like wingtips

i want something thick-ish

and maybe dark green

What are you wearing them with? I like to go with kind of crazier colorful socks that still go with the overall outfit when wearing wingtips. During warmer weather months I usually go with a no show sock.

If they are Alden's, see post above.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
depending on who you ask and what you like,

• match/closely coordinate with the pants

• go crazy

• if alden, wear only argyle

thx bb

What are you wearing them with? I like to go with kind of crazier colorful socks that still go with the overall outfit when wearing wingtips. During warmer weather months I usually go with a no show sock.

If they are Alden's, see post above.

Idk? jeans, cords, whateva

they're not aldens

so i was thinking thick because it's cold and i think the dark green would look nice with the color of the shoes and also it would work well with jeans and whatnot

although i guess i could buy an assortment of colors

what brands r gud

lupin23rd

Question for SuitGAF on sizing.

Had a tweed jacket ordered via made-to-measure recently, and the jacket looks great (IMO).... except the shoulders seem off to me. Clearly a concern :)

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on this, so trying to get some info before I go back and talk to the sales rep and figure out what to do.

I've previously done a few jackets in a light, soft-shouldered model, and these have turned out well, with the last one looking really good as we made a minor tweak to the shoulder measurements on that order.

I did do one jacket in a different brand that had a little more structure to it, and I don't really like much of anything in that jacket (except the fabric haha).

The tweed jacket I just received is the same brand as the ones I like, but in a different model as it was suggested the weight of the tweed wouldn't work well with the other model I usually have.

When I do a seam-to-seam measurement of the shoulder, the new jacket it comes out to about 18.5 inches, which turns out to be the same as the jacket I don't like in the other brand. The other jackets look to be 17 - 17.5 inches.

Would fabric make up that much of a difference in the shoulder measurements? Or is this a sign the shoulders are likely too big? Trying to figure out whether a straight comparison is an indication of anything or not. Obviously tweed is heavier than the last one I did (a lightweight wool for summer), although I have a corduroy jacket that is still 1 inch narrower than the tweed.

I also did a neck to sleeve head measurement down the shoulder (don't know if this is indicative of anything either), and the tweed is a good couple of centimetres longer than all the other jackets I have except the off brand one.

Will be putting up some pics later to get some feedback, but curious if these measurements alone present a problem or are just a fact of working with different types of jackets. It's unfortunate that I have this concern because I really like how the jacket turned out otherwise. Although it arrived just in time for me to put it away for spring (got a big discount for that issue).

my brain hurts atm but it sounds like someone just took your #'s and added some size to accommodate the difference in fabric? which doesn't make sense as tweed is not significantly thicker than standard worsted suit wool, at least not a difference that should be readily measurable.

if the shoulders don't fit there really isn't much you can do that doesn't involve hacking the shit out of the suit.

overcast

I tend to wear rolled up sleeves or short sleeve button ups. Not a fan of letting the sleeves down all the way anymore. Anyone else have this problem/phase?

obin_gam

What do you guys think? First time cuffing my jeans with these boots, not sure if it looks good.

Dont forget to shave your head as well as getting a brassknuckle.

Seriously? you going for the skinhead look? I would advice against that...

are you pinrolling them? that cuff seems impossibly small.

otherwise as said above, don't cuff those jeans. you're messing up a good look.

unless he's a neo-nazi, which I doubt he is, I dont think this:
skinheads%5B1%5D.jpg

constitutes a "good look"

lupin23rd

my brain hurts atm but it sounds like someone just took your #'s and added some size to accommodate the difference in fabric? which doesn't make sense as tweed is not significantly thicker than standard worsted suit wool, at least not a difference that should be readily measurable.

if the shoulders don't fit there really isn't much you can do that doesn't involve hacking the shit out of the suit.

Apologies if your brain hurts from my wall of text, and thanks for the reply :)

The jacket just looks off to me, and seems pretty obvious. But maybe I'm an idiot. The last one (brown/cream check in a light wool) might not be perfect but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out and feel like the alternations needed would be fairly minor. The new one doesn't inspire that confidence.

These pictures are a bit darker but I took a few shots of the last one and the new one (tweed) in a couple different poses, if you or anyone else can take a look please let me know if I'm crazy or this looks off.

Brown/Cream front pose
Tweed front pose

Brown/Cream side pose
Tweed side pose

Brown/Cream arms raised
Tweed arms raised

Top Bottom