• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

They're pretty nice. I will never post a picture of me wearing them though as I will never have time to actually do so ;-; The perils of working a night shift.

And I'm happy that the 31 skinnys actually fit, was somewhat worried that every other brand I wear was super vanity sized and I was actually a 34 or something.
I got 29's since the skinny 29's from Uniqlo were a little loose in the waist still, but they're pretty snug, they'll fit nice once I finish losing weight again

sorry, i haven't.

but i will post a bunch of waywts

ft. my dorm

11044994_847245545322044_3567842662360124695_o.jpg

everything slp except sun glasses which are tom ford and the leather which is vintage

slp all the way down

all slp. not vis - some creepin' creepers

also, for the record, that jacket is sparkly and gold

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Gustin Italian blue jeans! Can't wait to try these on. I hope I didn't get a size too small!

Oh and those sunglasses....damnnnn.

MegalonJJ

Banned
sorry, i haven't.

ft. my dorm

everything slp except sun glasses which are tom ford and the leather which is vintage

slp all the way down

No worries dude.

Nice clothes man. Dig the last jacket too ;)

Norfair

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Gustin Italian blue jeans! Can't wait to try these on. I hope I didn't get a size too small!

Oh and those sunglasses....damnnnn.

So did I. Hopefully the USPS doesn't screw up the shipment like they have for the shirt I ordered fro Gustin.

^ looks nice

Looking for a new wallet, slim fashionable and somewhat decent price range. Any recommendations?
well, what's a decent price range? I don't know about fashionable, but royce leather has some good slim options for about 20-30 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009WMI5O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009Q6Y5K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(black looks like it has pink contrast stitching but I just got one a week ago and it's black/black).

nothing mindblowing but they are as slim as advertised.

overcast

sorry, i haven't.

ft. my dorm

slp all the way down

Looks real good man. Shoes are great, sparkly jacket got a lot of bravado/swagger to it.

Hmm business card holder might be something I want. Nice and small. Thanks Mac.

sorry, i haven't.

ft. my dorm

slp all the way down

what kind of shoes are those

So picked up my SS made to measure suit today after the second fitting on Tuesday (only required trousers to be shortened slightly).

And I'm delighted with it. Don't think I'll buy OTR again unless something fits close to perfect. It cost me about £50 more than it would to buy OTR + alterations which is a price im more than willing to pay for a suit that fits just right with all the customisation I want.

Will post pics tmrw over the weekend maybe. I got a £200 SS gift card for my birthday so I'm going to head back and get another one made very soon.

The shirt I ordered finally shipped. It had a start tracking date of the 2nd, the last scan was the 4th and it had an expected delivery date of the 7th. I still haven't seen anything yet. I did check with the post office and they can't tell me where it is right now.

Damn that sucks!! I hope it arrives soon, that is a really great pattern and I hope that it all solves it self quickly and it just got misplaced somewhere.

Anyone know where to buy good looking polos for cheap? I don't like the ones on Zara right now, prefer the ones on Banana Republic. Problem is that those cost $45-50, and that just seems too much for a Polo to me. Any help appreciated

^ looks nice

well, what's a decent price range? I don't know about fashionable, but royce leather has some good slim options for about 20-30 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009WMI5O/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009Q6Y5K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(black looks like it has pink contrast stitching but I just got one a week ago and it's black/black).

nothing mindblowing but they are as slim as advertised.

I mean i prefer more slots. What I meant by slim is fit into skinny jeans pretty much lol What are some popular brands I would ask?

overcast

Anyone have any preferences between Skinny and SuperSkinny N&F jeans?

I'm just worried the Skinny ones won't be that skinny and the supers will be absurd.

f0rk

I'm just worried the Skinny ones won't be that skinny and the supers will be absurd.

I just got some stretch black super skinny and their not absurd. I am quite skinny myself though

well if you find n&f at that price, a couple minutes with a seam ripper will make the (corny) tag a non issue. maybe express with have something soon; their jeans are pretty good for the dollars.

Anyone know where to buy good looking polos for cheap? I don't like the ones on Zara right now, prefer the ones on Banana Republic. Problem is that those cost $45-50, and that just seems too much for a Polo to me. Any help appreciated
Well Old Navy is basically BR but cheaper, I'm sure they even have some identical styles as BR. I can't comment on the quality or sizing though.
Shoes with no socks man, wut.

You just look like you were drunk that morning.
Eh, I dunno, it looks good for a casual look in photos, but I'm not sure how well it would work when you sit down and it shows more ankle than that. Obviously it also depends on the shoes.

NinjaBoiX

I dunno man, if you're wearing shorts and sandals or something then maybe. By which I mean, if you've already made the decision to wear shorts and sandals then I guess no socks is the least of your worries.

But trousers that are 2 inches too short worn with shoes and no socks just looks lame, like you borrowed the trousers from your little brother and couldn't find any clean socks.

It just looks so unfashionable to me, I don't get it.

NinjaBoiX

Like most things, different strokes for different folks.
Yeah, I often have differing opinions on popular fashions, maybe I'm just a bit old school.

I just sometimes look at dudes rocking the "my trousers had an argument with my shoes" look and just think:

rkOis.gif

NinjaBoiX

Where you been man? We need some more of the usuals here again :[
I've been lurking dude, I just haven't bought anything in a while and peeps aren't posting many pics to comment on.

Plus it's not as fun without Bam's uniformly awful fashion sensibilities to mock.

okie, final question of the day, what shirt would look best with white jeans and a darker solid tie?

Basically going for this look for spring/summer semi-formal/casual events except with slightly longer pants and probably without the jacket or just a different one.

giga

I dunno man, if you're wearing shorts and sandals or something then maybe. By which I mean, if you've already made the decision to wear shorts and sandals then I guess no socks is the least of your worries.

But trousers that are 2 inches too short worn with shoes and no socks just looks lame, like you borrowed the trousers from your little brother and couldn't find any clean socks.

It just looks so unfashionable to me, I don't get it.
It's not at all. It's a summer staple now. And I prefer no-shows to no socks to absorb sweat and protect my shoes.

f0rk

okie, final question of the day, what shirt would look best with white jeans and a darker solid tie?

Basically going for this look for spring/summer semi-formal/casual events except with slightly longer pants and probably without the jacket or just a different one.

None of those shirts are tie shirts
I mean the models are all at least considering batting for team untucked, that should give you a clue

None of those shirts are tie shirts
I mean the models are all at least considering batting for team untucked, that should give you a clue

I'm usually team untucked for sure when it comes to casual wear, but idk I thought I'd be able to pull it off with a casual tie and no jacket

Oh well, I'll probably end up getting the blue and black large gingham first and see if it works with a tie or not, either way it should go well enough with white.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Echoing the Real McCoys love. I've seen a number of items in person and have always been blown away.

I have two Real McCoys jackets (an M-65 and a Zielinski 37J1B), and a pair of shorts. They're all very nice items, very well made. Would love to pick up more of their stuff.

Cheers dudes, I'll probably check them out very soon.

Also is BamBam on a ban at the moment or just quiet? We're long overdue a "Should I buy this" thread in OT ;)

Hilfiger suits are OK at best. For that price I'd definitely recommend looking at Banana Republic and (albeit a little more expensive) J. Crew. What's another $100 if it's going to last you a few more years?

The Naked & Famous SkinnyGuy fit is technically a slim straight fit (straight leg, slim throughout), whereas the SuperSkinnyGuy fit is a slim tapered, so basically, it's the SkinnyGuy fit but with a slimmer leg opening. If you don't have large calves and are looking for something with a smaller leg opening, go with the SuperSkinnyGuy fit.

Amzin

So this seems like a not-wrong thread to ask this in: I'm interested in upgrading from my laptop bag to something a little roomier so I can bring along my sketchbook/pencil case, maybe some food, my coffee mug, etc. with me to work or wherever. Work is business casual (polo & jeans is pretty much what I live in now) and the backpack I used in college would probably suffice. But I'm curious about what is out there that is nicer or more stylish than that? Something I could still use if I ever have to dress nicer, for example.

Are there even "backpacks" that are acceptable at that level of dress or are you just looking at cramming stuff in laptop bags?

Edit: Maybe a messenger bag or knapsack? I dunno what even qualifies as one of those, this is the first time in my life I can afford a bag that isn't from Walmart :p

Top Bottom