• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

"brighter side"

KVA was shit and his work at Dior is worse. Dior Homme is no longer a relevant brand is just another show at fashion week. Hopefully soon LVMH will realize how bad it is and find a new creative director to try and make the brand interesting and desirable again.

Real talk Band of Outsiders going under is a super bummer. Someone proxy the NY sale for me though, they have leather jackets and cashmere coats for under $200, shoes for $75. It's fucking crazy.
KVA had a good run at dior (the amish-dictator shit along with his first atelier presentation) but it's pretty clear he just can't manage both at the same time; kva has more or less been dior diffusion for a few seasons now. now if his post-kva shit at dior is still wack then sack him and give someone else a shot. don't even know who that would be, but at least it doesn't have to come on the tails of hedi's dior which however you may feel about his last work there (i was meh on it) those are terrifying shoes to fill.

The biggest issue at Dior Homme right now is that KVA isn't really trying to do anything. He is completely content with treading water and pushing out incredibly boring collections. I remember for his SS15 collection he was quoted as saying that sameness is good, and what he aspires to, which Tim Blanks rightly ripped him apart for. For his AW15 collection he just put out a bunch of tuxedos and called it a day. Even when KVA was making ass ugly collections at Dior Homme (SS09) at least he was trying to push fashion forward in some small way and make something interesting and unique. Now it's like he's given up and just wants to make money to go clubbing. For some brands, this is fine, but Dior is not some brands. Dior is a house that makes fashion trends, not follows them. Galliano did this. Slimane did this. Even Raf is trying to do this, though whether he is succeeding is another matter. Dior Homme is worse than an ugly brand, it's an irrelevant brand, and for a brand that went seven years as being arguably the dominant menswear house, this is incredibly disappointing and frankly, needs to change.

Lotto

BoO has the best fitting shirts for a scrawny ass kid like me, i am upset and sad.

Also, how bout those gustin shoes guys, i hope they're like <200 bucks but that's probably a pipedream.

It's hot as hell outside and I need new shorts, any suggestions?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shortsswim/9shorts/PRDOVR~23863/23863.jsp

or for a cheaper but lesser quality option

http://www.hm.com/us/product/28668?article=28668-S&variant=

I'm 6'1" and full skeltal mode and they're both pretty nice fitting. If you want shorts that are as light as possible though, linen shorts are the bomb.

Also I got invited to a semi-formal event fairly last minute and was looking in to getting a casual linen/linen-blend blazer. Any advice on where to go for a cheap and slim fitting one? Right now I was just looking at H&M but I'm probably gonna go in to Lord and Taylor or Nordstroms or something because it'll be easier doing it in person. Should I go for 2 buttons or 3 buttons?

Band of Outsiders was dope, albeit substantially overpriced, in my opinion.

What really surprises me about their departure though is how closely removed it is from their most recent store opening. Didn't their Tokyo store open like, less than a year ago? There must've been some gross mismanagement of funds over there.

The biggest issue at Dior Homme right now is that KVA isn't really trying to do anything. He is completely content with treading water and pushing out incredibly boring collections. I remember for his SS15 collection he was quoted as saying that sameness is good, and what he aspires to, which Tim Blanks rightly ripped him apart for. For his AW15 collection he just put out a bunch of tuxedos and called it a day. Even when KVA was making ass ugly collections at Dior Homme (SS09) at least he was trying to push fashion forward in some small way and make something interesting and unique. Now it's like he's given up and just wants to make money to go clubbing. For some brands, this is fine, but Dior is not some brands. Dior is a house that makes fashion trends, not follows them. Galliano did this. Slimane did this. Even Raf is trying to do this, though whether he is succeeding is another matter. Dior Homme is worse than an ugly brand, it's an irrelevant brand, and for a brand that went seven years as being arguably the dominant menswear house, this is incredibly disappointing and frankly, needs to change.
Agree with everything in this post. It's a shame to see Dior be so irrelevant at the moment. Hopefully KVA closing up shop will inspire him to put out some innovative collections going forward.

Suen

I was browsing for coats I could wear in the summer, so this website has an advertisement for summer coats as it calls it. I checked one of their products and when it comes to material it says the following:

Lining: 100 % cotton
Material: 50 % Wool, 50 % Polyester

I'm totally clueless when it comes to fabrics but the material tells me you'd wear this around more cold weather as opposed to summer or a late spring weather but I might just be stupid.

So can people here who are better informed tell me if the website is just advertising bullshit? I'm looking for coats I can wear during a period when the average temprature is roughly between (and including) 10 °C (50 ºF) and 20 °C (68 ºF) .

Alucrid

Banned
that's not much of a summer, but there can be lightweight wool, so if the lining is light as well it should be fine for that weather

yo if i get a bright-er navy blazer with tonal buttons instead of gold buttons will that look too much like I'm missing suit pants or does it work better

BumRush

FashionGAF, I'm sure similar questions have been posted already. I'm in need of a "power suit", relatively fast. In in NY. 5'9", 165 with a 31 inch waist. I typically only wear slim fitting attire but I'm muscular and don't fit into extra slim cuts. Looking to spend around $500-$800. Any recommendations for a). websites or b). shops?

Thanks in advance!

Oxn

FashionGAF, I'm sure similar questions have been posted already. I'm in need of a "power suit", relatively fast. In in NY. 5'9", 165 with a 31 inch waist. I typically only wear slim fitting attire but I'm muscular and don't fit into extra slim cuts. Looking to spend around $500-$800. Any recommendations for a). websites or b). shops?

Thanks in advance!

Calvin klein collection

Ck collection is a good choice but the retail is around $1200-1500. Tho I do hear places like c21 carry lots of it at steep discount.

I'm actually about the same exact size and I fit nicely into a 48 eu

giga

Thanks in advance!
Suitsupply.com

What's the word on wearing trousers like these?

I'm wanting to wear something a little breezier and more summery around the office, and there's a number of smart trousers around with this sort of cropped cut on the legs.

OK to wear? Fashionable? I'm not sure if I'd feel like I'd just bought the drastically wrong size or not though.

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/a...t_v_frompage=0&pge=1&pgesize=50&totalstyle=33
Are you curious about the length of the trouser hem being higher, or the leg opening being slimmer? Obviously, only you know whether or not that'll be acceptable in your office. I'd say, in a more traditional working environment, it wouldn't be acceptable.

In terms of fashionable, higher hems were big in the suiting world about two years ago. It's a good look for Summer, but I'd never hem any of my expensive pants just for a trend, considering there's no going back once you do. The leg opening looks awfully small though, so while your ankles may be more "breathable," you're not going to get much of that air anywhere else. Just keep that in mind.

EDIT: Looks like they're primarily polyester, so they're basically leggings. Should be quite comfortable but they definitely aren't trousers in the traditional sense, so to speak.

Bumhead

Banned
Are you curious about the length of the trouser hem being higher, or the leg opening being slimmer? Obviously, only you know whether or not that'll be acceptable in your office. I'd say, in a more traditional working environment, it wouldn't be acceptable.

More curious about the length, yeah. I always thought having that much ankle on show just looked a bit silly, but on those I like the look, and I guess at a certain point they're not much different to 3/4 length trousers?

They'd be acceptable in my office I think. We don't have a particularly strict code, certainly not enforced to wearing suits. But I like to look presentable. I think paired with a white shirt they'd sill be acceptable and smart looking, just a little more comfortable than the normal smart trousers I wear.

X-Frame

Hi everyone, I have a strange question ..

Due to a shoulder injury that I am currently rehabbing, I cannot seem to be able to put on or even take off a slimmer suit jacket or blazer. I need to have someone help me, which of course gets annoying and embarrassing.

It's the behind the back reaching motion that I have trouble with.

Is there any other way that I can put a slimmer jacket on or take one off that may feel better with a bad shoulder?

Thank you!

BumRush

Thanks oxn, Mac and giga!!

So on suit supply, are the classic fit suits not slim? I MUCH prefer slim fitting attire, but think that the "classic" collection better suits (pun obviously intended) my needs...

Thanks oxn, Mac and giga!!

So on suit supply, are the classic fit suits not slim? I MUCH prefer slim fitting attire, but think that the "classic" collection better suits (pun obviously intended) my needs...
they have a nice tailored fit, just not balls skinny. balls tight suits look bad anyway unless you're very slender person, which you are not.

the nice thing about ck collection is that you can often get it for ~$400-600 and they have a nice broad shoulder, slim waist and some ample booty/thigh space. some groovy fabrics too.

BumRush

they have a nice tailored fit, just not balls skinny. balls tight suits look bad anyway unless you're very slender person, which you are not.

the nice thing about ck collection is that you can often get it for ~$400-600 and they have a nice broad shoulder, slim waist and some ample booty/thigh space. some groovy fabrics too.

Any idea where I could get collection for that much?

Drew finally filling orders or are people still just bitching?
he's gone mia from the internet and his restaurant partners are throwing him in the bushes, his luxury car purchases are being exposed, he didn't pay his toj people for a year.

and i still have 40 pages to go.

also that said if anyone wants a gently loved toj cwu-45 in goat size stock 48 for $350 holla at me.

he's gone mia from the internet and his restaurant partners are throwing him in the bushes, his luxury car purchases are being exposed, he didn't pay his toj people for a year.

and i still have 40 pages to go.

also that said if anyone wants a gently loved toj cwu-45 in goat size stock 48 for $350 holla at me.
Maybe now that he's on blast and his business ventures are going in the tube, he'll return to TOJ and give Clothsurgeon a run for the bespoke leather throne?

Why does the "good" raw denim have to be 150 plus? A 70 price point would be dope.
Unbranded is probably your best option. It's $82 but definitely the best bang for your buck sub $100. Their "Tight Fit" is the same fit as the Naked & Famous "Super Skinny Guy," (both companies owned and operated by the same people) if that helps.

what are its measurements?
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/cwu45pflightjacket2011

stock 48, fits like a slim M. I got the knit collar.

whQapUp.jpg

mac, sell me more size small stuff pls. i legit wear that shearling multiple times a week. saved my ass during winter.
the only remaining small stuff i have that you'd want is the og gitman leopard

opening-ceremony-gitman-brothers-leopard-print-shirt-03.jpg

by the by has anyone seen this in person or know about this season? (barrett fw 2014)

lFTtChV.jpg

it looks neoprene-lined but I can't tell. it's on yoox rite now for a dece price. might bite as a fathers days present to myself. yeah that's what we do on fathers day brehs. buy shit for ourselves ;____;

overcast

Unbranded is probably your best option. It's $82 but definitely the best bang for your buck sub $100. Their "Tight Fit" is the same fit as the Naked & Famous "Super Skinny Guy," (both companies owned and operated by the same people) if that helps.
Exactly what I'm looking for man. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom