• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Just got these shoes from Oliver Spencer, really liking the shape and feel of the shoes.

oliver_spencer_osf14b_banbury_lace_up_navy_suede_3_.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This Mo Wax jacket, which I had managed to get it.

I see it on ebay but I would have to try it on. The Nike Blazers they made with them are really nice too.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
Have to recommend these..If you have a thin form like I do and love a durable, comfortable boot, these go great with a pair of black skinnes...very thin uniformed look.
Wolverine 1000 miles
Got mine in March for like $350
Wolverine1000MileBlack_L1.jpg

Also wearing these now that its warmer, and they look good with blue jeans
Timbo Chukkas

3901_P_1403475121939.jpg

I second the above post. Both of those items have been in my rotation for nearing 4 years now.

Fantastic boots, you can usually find them on sale if you look hard enough too.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
If you see a link send it to me. I've been wanting to pick up some more boots.

Word to the wise, if you buy them online..beware! lol
I wear a size 10.5/11 in sneakers and most shoes...
I picked up my Wolverines at a Nordstrom (King of Prussia PA) and had to get size 9's!

Both the 1000 miles and Chukkas tho are well worth the 300-400 you'll spend if you cant find a better deal.

Word to the wise, if you buy them online..beware! lol
I wear a size 10.5/11 in sneakers and most shoes...
I picked up my Wolverines at a Nordstrom (King of Prussia PA) and had to get size 9's!

Both the 1000 miles and Chukkas tho are well worth the 300-400 you'll spend if you cant find a better deal.

I tried the Tims on at Nordstrom's in Woodland Hills. When I went back they didn't have my size.

:(

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
I figure I'm new. I'll share some of the staples to my collection, recent pick ups, and my favorites :)

These are a staple of my everyday, the New Wayfarer.
I wear glasses so I have to buy every pair with clear, with tint.
Theirs a Blue Matter one in the back, for beach/casual, mirror tint
Two Tortoise shells (classic g15 tint)
Two Black, clear is a matte finish (I asked for gloss but I like the matte, its my everyday)
2 Clear/Silver (Mirror tint)

Its summertime...you NEED these for casual wear lol
People will always comment on them, they are a classic. Buy 2 pairs, their white and only run about 45-55

YOUR A MAN...comb your hair in style, impress people with your comb! lol
Steel laser etched Chicago Comb, $45

Also I keep a stable of Weekenders for casual/accessory wear. I like to have one wrist always loaded up with bracelets, a watch etc.. and buy an assortment or different color Weekenders

Yesterdays delivery from Burberry. I teamed up the White/Blue today with some thin cut Volcom Khaki shorts and the classic Vans. Was a smooth summer look if I do say so myself lol
Not pictured is the Black Skinnies (Never tried their denim, gonna have a go) And some stupid T-shirt with a rain cloud on it I paid $180 for...Im an idiot.

I have a bag from ASOS that came in the mail today I can post up my goodies, and I snagged up a CK button up, Buffalo, and Lucky today at the mall.
Ill take some pics later and you guys can have a go at bashing or ideas for outfit ideas.

Also two MUST HAVES..
Alpha Industies M-65 Slim (about 125)
5.jpg

and my winter/fall must have
The Lucky Leather (think 750'ish)
2963753-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
On the jacket I posted earlier, anyone knows if it's possible to get such cuffs tailored? I'm thinking of buying it, and if the sleeves are too long just getting them tailored, but I'm guessing it must be pretty difficult to find a place that would, although my city produces a lot of clothes so I'm think if it can be done I could find one.

Jacket:

On the jacket I posted earlier, anyone knows if it's possible to get such cuffs tailored? I'm thinking of buying it, and if the sleeves are too long just getting them tailored, but I'm guessing it must be pretty difficult to find a place that would, although my city produces a lot of clothes so I'm think if it can be done I could find one.

Jacket:
don't see why not; just take it to a well-regarded alterations tailor in your metro area. tailor, not drycleaner/tailor. unless they are the best in town.

CatPee

Anybody have recommendations for mid- to high-end marled/textured grey tees? I've been eyeing John Elliot's Mercer tees, but my hips and thighs are a touch too shapely to pull off the elongated tee look.

X-Frame

Hey all. I work in NYC and am looking at going to Suit Supply for my first "real" suit for work this week. It won't be anything I wear every day, maybe once a week or 2 tops.

My question involves eventual future weight gain -- I am currently ~15 pounds underweight due to not being able to work out in the last year but over the next 6 months or so I plan on putting that back on slowly.

Can I buy a suit maybe 1 size too big in order to account for the future (and hopefully permanent) weight gain? What should I do?

I am 150 now (5'8") but around 165 or even 170 is my maintenance weight. Bonus, my thighs and butt will get most of the weight distribution as opposed to upper body.

Thank you!

giga

Just tell their tailors your thighs and butt will get a little bigger and they should be able to let you know if you need to go up one size or if they can let the seams out.

giga

I'm kind of jealous of you guys who can put on muscle so easily. 6' 175lbs here and I can only eat so many calories in a day.

hah well it was brutal. I had to force myself to hork down protein shakes. I was at 180 at one but that was at peak gainz aka pants didn't fit nice... have since slimmed down. getting swole is just too much work for me.

entremet

I'm kind of jealous of you guys who can put on muscle so easily. 6' 175lbs here and I can only eat so many calories in a day.

Double edged sword.

I love fashion and lifting. Very hard to find crap that fits that's RTW. Very hard.

It's why I love summer fashion. Lots of tank tops and less tailored stuff for me.

But I put on muscle pretty easily. Just my genes. I'm satisfied with my muscle mass already, so I'm just training strength these days.

What are some good shops for sunglasses? I went to sunglasses hut and I didn't find something I really liked. I also don't fee like wearing a pair that I know everybody else has. I wonder if there are non-luxxotica owned establishments that offer nice eye wear without the ridiculous markeup but with the same/better quality.

Try Warby Parker.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
What are some good shops for sunglasses? I went to sunglasses hut and I didn't find something I really liked. I also don't fee like wearing a pair that I know everybody else has. I wonder if there are non-luxxotica owned establishments that offer nice eye wear without the ridiculous markeup but with the same/better quality.

I'm a Wayfarer addict (see above post lol) I feel like every girl at working the counter places I frequent has had to drop a "I love your glasses" compliment on me. Switching the color scheme/tint always draws hearing this two or three times a week lol

off that topic..
I finally joined a gym today, trying to get out of a depression funk....and I started dating a girl out of my league so I'm trying to step my game up lol
I'm 6'1 and like 135-140lbs...kinda worried about if I'll grow fast, my clothes are all XS/S..I just dropped almost 2G's on some Burberry in XS for the summer and it fits PERFECT..few extra pounds and I'd be fucked.

well I myself had to rebuy my entire wardrobe after working out so yeah I probably wouldn't buy pricey shit until you're at your goal dimensions. sweaters could work through the transition phase but tailored stuff, especially in the shoulders, was out almost immediately.

That's definitely the problem with fashion and fitness, you can't really commit to buying anything nice until you're at the size you want to be at long term. I had to give away practically all of my old suits/jackets from when I was 50lbs lighter.

On the other side, it's a good opportunity to reinvent your look. I can definitely pull off certain things better now that I'm bigger. Sadly, the leopard print shirts are a no nowadays though.

obin_gam

I got thin legs (and quite long ones too). Can I even use shorts that stops above the knee or should I stick with those long shorts whatchamacallit?

just do what my 5'10'' 125lb ass does and wear slp like hedi intended

or maybe not slp but being skinny and in to fashion is not a bad thing. you just gotta own it.

D

Deleted member 529084

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating if I can pull off the skinny fit short.
I don't know if my age makes it wrong, or my skinny legs...but I wear skinny pants, which women seem to compliment me on but guys crack jokes about.

X-Frame

Figured I would ask this here, how long on average would the process of me buying a suit at SuitSupply (Madison Ave) take from start to finish?

I have decided on their Napoli suit, and I want Navy. And all I need is the suit, not any extras.

I'm thinking an hour or so? Just trying to budget my time for today as I want to head there after work.

EDIT: Nevermind, went there and it would have taken about 45 minutes if the suit fit me. Jacket 36S fit me great with the Napoli, but the pants were suction tight. The next size up jacket was too big, so I was shit out of luck.

Figured I would ask this here, how long on average would the process of me buying a suit at SuitSupply (Madison Ave) take from start to finish?

I have decided on their Napoli suit, and I want Navy. And all I need is the suit, not any extras.

I'm thinking an hour or so? Just trying to budget my time for today as I want to head there after work.

EDIT: Nevermind, went there and it would have taken about 45 minutes if the suit fit me. Jacket 36S fit me great with the Napoli, but the pants were suction tight. The next size up jacket was too big, so I was shit out of luck.

Why can't you just get the 36S Jacket and then get the pants for the next size up?

Top Bottom