• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Yeah, they're definitely more work boot than they are hiking, but should be more than capable of getting you through easy-medium hikes, I'd say.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
zvXPYF6.png

The coat, yay/nay?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Also, while I'm asking, I'm going to grab the new Moto 360 watch. Thoughts on the black/gold? It'd go with pretty much everything right?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...lack/4363437.p?id=1219736632091&skuId=4363437
Or do I just go with all black.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...lack/4363429.p?id=1219736622349&skuId=4363429

I'm thinking I may go with the brown/silver moto watch combo. That will go with the most stuff, right? It'll look ok wearing it with black and stuff? I guess I can always buy a black band for it as well. Or do I go black/gold, and then buy a brown band?

4363434_rd.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Here were my other two choices:

Tcab96

My wardrobe feels quite limited. I'm trying t update it with some casual clothes, and I've noticed I really like theclothing brand Southpole.

Any brands similar to South Pole?

Alright, fuck it. I need help from Canada GAF: there are some work shirts I like but the store only ships to Canada. If I give you money to cover the shipping costs, plus some extra for your efforts, can you ship them to me?

PM me plz. Need some work shirts for the fall/winter. Thanks :D

Auctopus

Posted this in the Men's Hair |OT| but it's dead. Simple question, what are the measurement/details of Ryan Reynold's hair here? Grades etc.

ryanhair.jpg

celebhairtop.jpg

Auctopus

Sides are buzzed and top is like a 4 but most likely used scissors since there's a fade. Don't do it. Looks bad.

How so? I think it looks pretty good. I'm going for anything right now that's not a goddamn slick pullback with a fade on the sides.

Thanks?
Appreciate the help?
I don't know much about clothing brands?

Thanks, bro.
I don't know what part of the world you're based out of, but here in America, Southpole was a staple hip-hop/urban/wannabe-urban-kid brand in the early 2000s. Doesn't have a particularly good reputation, mostly because of the times/style of fashion it was associated with. That's why people are poking fun at you.

Honestly, I haven't heard Southpole mentioned in at least 5 years. Didn't realize they were still going. If you've got photos of styles you like, we can give you clothes/advice for other brands that are a little more respectable/modern.

But hey, if you're partial to Southpole, go for it. To each their own.

what kind of boots are those
Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot. I highly recommend them.

NinjaBoiX

And I thought the guy with the True Religion jeans needed a fashion intervention...
I dunno dude, you regularly spend frankly insane amounts of money on some pretty horrendous fashion items, as well as being a massive label whore. You're like the dictionary definition of a fashion victim.

Just sayin'...

(I do agree that most of those brands mentioned pedal loud, garish clothes to man children however.)

I dunno dude, you regularly spend frankly insane amounts of money on some pretty horrendous fashion items, as well as being a massive label whore. You're like the dictionary definition of a fashion victim.

Just sayin'...

(I do agree that most of those brands mentioned pedal loud, garish clothes to man children however.)

Ignoring the money I spend on clothing, which doesn't concern me so it shouldn't concern you, I am well enough versed in fashion to know exactly what I'm doing when I buy something like a Hawaiian shirt or a red bomber with leopard print inserts. Someone who wants to buy South Pole because that's the only brand they know or True Religion because they think that's what is in style frankly does not.

NinjaBoiX

Ignoring the money I spend on clothing, which doesn't concern me so it shouldn't concern you, I am well enough versed in fashion to know exactly what I'm doing when I buy something like a Hawaiian shirt or a red bomber with leopard print inserts. Someone who wants to buy South Pole because that's the only brand they know or True Religion because they think that's what is in style frankly does not.
An intervention is generally required when someone is making poor decisions which are adversely affecting their lives. The fact that most people could kit out a whole wardrobe for the same price as one or two or your astutely fashionable and culturally discerning purchases seems entirely relevant.

The counter argument that you "know exactly what I'm doing" when it comes to something as subjective and temporary is trite and baseless, especially from someone who recently bought a pair of high heeled Chelsea boots.

;P

Look, more power to you for having the balls to rock what you do, I often wish I was a bit more daring with my fashion choices, but the idea that you're some bastion of taste and class becuase you know the name of a few designers is laughable.

Top Bottom