• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
I have 300 to spend on clothes.

I mainly just like the designs on South Pole shirts like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YCTEK9M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's cool. I understand South Pole has negative feelings and views associated with them. I don't give a fuck.

I like how it looks, so I'll wear it. That's how it works for me. 😅

whoa thanks for that link. no dudes are gonna want to fuck wit me if i have a half naked muscular guy riding a seahorse that's really pissed off t shirt

Servbot24

Banned
Thinking of getting some new shoes, these seem like they would be nice for when I have to bike to work in the winter:

vans-skool-8-mte-pewter-wool-2.jpg

I doubt they'll spur much controversy, but figured I better run them by the fashion experts first :p

karasu

yohji yamamoto, or just go normcore and get some straight cut dad jeans and some addidas

For real though, what you get when you buy designer clothing depends wholly on the brand. If you're buying something like Loro Piana or Brunello Cucinelli you're getting basically the best made clothes money can buy, but perhaps not necessarily the most fashion forward. If you're buying Saint Laurent, it's much more about how directional the clothes are and how they fit versus the quality, which while being very good, is not the end all be all. Sometimes designer clothing are all mark up, and just hype. I've never seen a designer t shirt that was worth the price on the tag.

One of the biggest things with designer clothing though is quality control. I've heard stories about how four different pairs of the same levi's jean in the same size will all fit differently, how stitching is fucked up on H&M shirts. That basically doesn't happen with designer clothing, and if there is some mistake, or a piece falls apart too quickly, the designer will almost always replace it for free.

Putting it nicely that shirt is... not good. And if you want to wear that shirt, that's all well and fine, but it seems weird to come in to this thread, ask for advice, and then when everyone tells you not to wear South Pole ignore that advice completely. We're just trying to help!

Man that Brunello Cucinelli stuff is perfect. It's too rich for my blood though. I only have a grand to spend and that won't even buy half of his cardigan.

NinjaBoiX

That South Pole tee is truly horrendous. I love me some printed tees but that is an awful example, the kind of thing you'd wear with dog tags and a stars and stripes bandana. Avoid it dude.

Also, capes are for girls or superheroes. You'll look like a plonker, guaranteed.
Thinking of getting some new shoes, these seem like they would be nice for when I have to bike to work in the winter:

I doubt they'll spur much controversy, but figured I better run them by the fashion experts first :p
They're pretty nice but I agree with Mac, suede is pretty much the worst choice you could make for winter footwear.

Get them in gloss black, people will think you're rocking Common Projects. :p

h3ro

I'm on #teamcape.
that reminds me i need to get those outlier denim-not-denim things. kinda post-denim right now. just not feeling it anymore.

I know the brand isn't anywhere near being high fashion, but I love Bonobos' Tailored leg slacks/chinos/cords.

Great, aggressive taper (~14.5-15" opening) but still has some decent thigh room for those of us that like to squat. I sized up 1 inch on the waist to get the extra thigh room and it worked out like a charm. Pricing is decent as well, $100-150.

I also recently picked up some Flatiron denim from Bonobos, also in the tailored fit and they've become my go-to "t-shirt and jeans" pair now.

Also, just got an Alpaca wool Hudson fit from Suitsupply! Can't wait to slip into that bad boy. :)

I'm on #teamcape.

I know the brand isn't anywhere near being high fashion, but I love Bonobos' Tailored leg slacks/chinos/cords.

Great, aggressive taper (~14.5-15" opening) but still has some decent thigh room for those of us that like to squat. I sized up 1 inch on the waist to get the extra thigh room and it worked out like a charm. Pricing is decent as well, $100-150.

I also recently picked up some Flatiron denim from Bonobos, also in the tailored fit and they've become my go-to "t-shirt and jeans" pair now.

Also, just got an Alpaca wool Hudson fit from Suitsupply! Can't wait to slip into that bad boy. :)

I didn't know about this Bonobos brand. Some of their shirts look great. I'm tempted to buy a couple of them.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Could you imagine if this was a #workwear #menswear #streetgoth #fedoracore #realmenhaveclassnotswag exclusive wank fest?

I kind of like that our OT is not specific to a master race style. Everyone here has their eyes on a different category. There is room for every core.

Do it. Free shipping and returns makes it really easy to try their stuff out.

I'm from Chile (South America) and I see these guys don't ship internationally, which means I'll have to use my Miami P.O. Box.

It sucks, cause it will cost me more, damn, but for sure I'll be buying some items once I see how long the shirts are. Maybe I didn't pay attention but I didn't find that measurement, which is the most important to me, since I'm a proud member of #untuckedforeverteam.

Too long shirts = ugly shirts. <-- now that I think about it, it has to be because they look like capes, which only look great on girls.

giga

If y'all want 25% off Barbour, Alden, or other third parties, jcrew code timetoshop works. $400 Alden Indy is cray. Won't last.

If y'all want 25% off Barbour, Alden, or other third parties, jcrew code timetoshop works. $400 Alden Indy is cray. Won't last.

Daaaamn, I've always wanted an Alden Indy but I'm scared as hell to receive the wrong size. With clothes is more or less a safe bet, but shoes are a completely different story.

Could you imagine if this was a #workwear #menswear #streetgoth #fedoracore #realmenhaveclassnotswag exclusive wank fest?

I kind of like that our OT is not specific to a master race style. Everyone here has their eyes on a different category. There is room for every core.
Definitely this. That's what's so great about fashion.

Don't get too positive though bro. It wouldn't be Manshion&#8482; without some friendly insults.

With that said, Ninja if you can continue to post more cute cape girl .gifs, you may actually start to be liked in this thread. Maybe.

Don't get too positive though bro. It wouldn't be Manshion™ without some friendly insults.

With that said, Ninja if you can continue to post more cute cape girl .gifs, you may actually start to be liked in this thread. Maybe.

Being ultra positive here, yeah... maybe :)

Anyways, with all the other cape pictures posted, this thread is already funny enough, I'd say.

NinjaBoiX

Hmm, be liked by strangers on a video game forum...

...or...

...poke fun at nerds who wear capes and high heels?

iW9F3bP.jpg

As long as Bam likes me I'm good, I live for his hard won validation.

Anth0ny

I don't know about a cape... but it's starting to get chilly as fuck outside. I think I'm in the market for a nice, leather jacket.

I'm not sure I know how the branding works with these things, though. I've been told not to waste money on a fake leather jacket, which I can only assume are the $150 Guess "leather" jackets I see at my local mall. They look okay but fit poorly from my experience. they also feel hella cheap, as to be expected.

On the other side of the spectrum, I walk into Harry Rosen and see $2000 leather jackets. I'm assuming those are real?

Do I need to spend $2k on a leather jacket? Is there a cheaper way? What are some good brands/stores I should be checking out? I'm in Toronto, Canada btw.

This is the look I'm going for:

_35z9ra5.jpg

Less interested in the "motorcycle" leather jacket look. Pretty sure I'd look like a goof wearing one of these:

tumblr_ntz5gzdjqe1raho8ow0.png

any help would be appreciated :)

I don't know about a cape... but it's starting to get chilly as fuck outside. I think I'm in the market for a nice, leather jacket.

any help would be appreciated :)

I have three Soul Revolver jackets. The quality is great, and the fit even better. I'm a skinny guy and the three jackets were ordered in the slim version. They fit me as a glove.

The prices are around USD450 - USD500. So they're not cheap, but not insanely expensive, either.

The style is overall, retro/vintage, so maybe it's not what you want but take a look at them, who knows...

http://www.soulrevolver.com/vintage-style-leather-jackets/mens

Concerning Barbour, Sierra Trading Post is having a great sale with many Barbour jackets half off, and another 20% off on top. Got a Barbour Kenmore for less than $200 after taxes and shipping!

Top Bottom