• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I know someone here was looking for some cheap suits.

Dappered just did a review on this $120, all-wool Claiborne suit: http://dappered.com/2013/08/the-best-under-200-suit-of-2013/

Clairborne-Suit.jpg

Not bad if you need a charcoal suit. Use code RMN20 for 20% off at checkout.

oh hey, welp i already blew my nut on the suit.

next time i'm just going to have one made it's only 500 more for bespoke vs off the rack ;_;

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to do that man.

Just to be clear: it's the darkest blue on here (far right)? http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/lifewear/item/078780?ref=mens-clothing/collections/denim

I wish sites took more care with their photography lol.

No problem and yep, it's the navy shirt. Even when I rolled up the cuffs (and saw in-store as well) they looked exactly like in the ad.

And yes, I do too, especially with shirts like these that look super dark but are actually not as dark as you thought they'd be.

Hey guys. I recently decided to do some designing with a friend and we've come up with a line of five shirts that we're going to release. We decided that every month we'd release five designs and every third month we'd have a featured local artist to promote their work. We've just come into two or three issues and I wondered if anyone here could offer any help.

1. There seems to be two different types of printing; screen print and hot press. Which would be superior and how much of a difference would there be in cost.

2. What is a reasonable amount of markup on a shirt? The printer quoted me R92 for a full colour print on a white shirt and after working some numbers we decided that we could sell them for R150.

3. I know its somewhat unimportant, but what kind of name should I use for the brand? The clothes contain mostly hipster content, because that's the market we're appealing to. The designer and I thought of Five Designs and Forty Four, but we've come to a dead-end since.

Thanks guys!

haha, oh i remember when i did that too
Hey, don't judge me. I actually want to try and use it as an opportunity to promote DJ's/musicians in my city. I have the next few months planned already and a lot of effort is going into this.

Style Fox, I would happily send you guys some samples but I 1. Don't feel (after seeing your fashion interests) that you would like them and 2. Certainly cannot afford to have shirts sent overseas.

overcast

Man, as soon as possible I'm grabbing a new slutty tee or two + that print button up I talked about before.

California humidity has me praying for cold weather.

California humidity has me praying for cold weather.

Psh, try living in the hot and humid state of Texas. Started off at 82F in the morning, 98F by lunch and 104F by 3PM. Needless to say I've been looking pretty ratchet the last couple of days. Chino shorts, mocs and a graphic tee is all I've been wearing. Had to put all my polo's and button ups at the back of the closet since there's no chance in hell I'm wearing them. They'll definitely look good but when you're sweating like a pig, it's definitely not pretty lol.

Zekes!

Yo so I just want to rant a bit.

I hate vanity sizing. If I take a completely honest waist measurement it is a snug 32" but then I go into stores and have to get 28" pants. That's fucking ridiculous. If I lost my bodyfat and had completely cut abs I would be 30" and the only way to get 28" is to measure at the absolute most narrow point a bit above my navel, suck in as far as I can, and then still pull the measuring tape so it squishes my guts in like a corset until it won't go any further without hurting. A guy with a legit 28" waist would have to be a really small guy, like 5' to 5'4" and super skinny. Four inches is an absolutely ridiculous discrepancy.

Why does this piss me off? Because when you get into nice clothing, where you spend more money and more exact fitting is very important to the look so you want to get it right, vanity sizing doesn't happen with some brands and still does with others. With those where it does, you can never be sure how much. If I lived in a big city and had all the time in the world to go try on clothes all day it wouldn't be a problem, but I live in a relatively small town that has crap to offer in the way of nice clothes so I have to order online. When I'm doing that, how the fuck am I supposed to know what size I should order?

So, dear world, please get over your laughably fragile egos and ludicrous expectations. This is men's fashion, not insecure babies fashion.

P.S. Please stop ordering shirts too small for you, some of us are actually size small and need clothes.

Dawg I'm 5'9 and a true size 28. If the pants aren't TTS I'm fucked

I never buy ties online but I'm struggling to find anything local for what I'm looking for. Anyone have recommendations for ties? I'm going to a wedding and the girlfriend is wearing an orange dress. I bought a new light grey suit which is I was going to wear with a light blue shirt and possibly an orange tie to match her. Suggestions?

Alucrid

Banned
I never buy ties online but I'm struggling to find anything local for what I'm looking for. Anyone have recommendations for ties? I'm going to a wedding and the girlfriend is wearing an orange dress. I bought a new light grey suit which is I was going to wear with a light blue shirt and possibly an orange tie to match her. Suggestions?

ties seem like the least worrying of things to buy online.

don't match

drake's ties

Yeah I don't know I feel like the colors just never end up the way I want online. But here's what I'm looking for:

HyOiq4M.jpg

Trying to get a tie similar to the one I've got in the picture but that's more of a pink.. I'd like an orange that matched with light blue symbol pattern if possible. Can't seem to find anything

dr feel good, if you're set on color matching, maybe one of those places like tiebar online?

surprised nobody has a done a linen/leather remake at a lower cost.

Lunchbox

Banned
Got these as a gift but they were too small in the waist. They're brand new, never washed, etc.

Very nice thick material & made in the USA!
Brand: Jean Shop
Type: Indigo raw selvedge denim
Size: 27x30, but may be closer to a 28 in the waist.
Fit: Classic slim straight

http://www.mrporter.com/product/185...s the max I'm willing to go for a kitchen rag

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm tired of my Timbuk2 bag. It's too small (size xsmall), the adjustment straps clap on the bottom when I walk quickly, the strap catches on the velcro of my parka and frays, the inside stays dry but the outside just gets soaked, it holds on to dirt, and it doesn't look classy. I want to get a high quality bag of a larger size that will last a really, really long time. I am considering this. Know of any better?

Top Bottom