• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Lunchbox

Banned
Looks like me and lunchbox have found our winter jackets...

BTFgEKrIUAAvnbA.jpg

those jackets were the worst during the 90s. only good thing about nike taking over the nfl are the n98 jackets being the standard now and those things being forgotten. i might buy one to burn it

i already got my winter coat for the the year

https://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us/mens-twill-outerwear/hopkins-trail-jacket-1162629
Qg5L61H.png

overcast

Thank you. Thinking of copping the following two items. Collectively they're really cheap.

Was very keen to cop a blue bomber jacket set at 15 pounds but unfortunately it seems to have sold out almost instantly.
Think you can link me to those panda? Need to check things out, gotta start building a bigger fall wardrobe.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I have a masquerade ball to go to soon. Anyone got any tips on what to wear? Anyone know a good place to buy good masks that aren't too expensive but also aren't just gonna be the same as most guys an look crap?

I'm in the UK

Kraftwerk

Got two new shirts from United Stock Dry Goods. As always, the fit is perfection. Now I own 6 shirts from them. Get compliments on every single one. Highly recommended to check them out;

Thew two shirts I got yesterday;

I'm going shopping today for some jeans/pants. Might also pick-up a fall jacket.

ALSO...

@luckyboyceo

I saw this today:

Naked & Famous x Blue Owl "Weird Guy" 12.5oz Selvedge Red Chino

I didn't know about these, and you know about my love for red pants.

Someone owes me an explanation :"(

How are ASOS with regards to shipping? They estimated the arrival at Tuesday the 17th. Seems kinda long. It is coming from the UK, though, so that may be it.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Just thought I'd throw in a heads up for anyone in the UK who fancies getting some "made to measure/order" Savile Row tailoring, as opposed to full bespoke.

Forget Gieves & Hawkes as they're charging high prices for made in Mauritius garbage.

Anthony Sinclair's (aka David Mason) special order Conduit Cut stuff is highly customizable and is made in the north of England, at better prices.

Just thought I'd save anyone the hassle of finding out where the "made to measure" is actually made and perhaps point them in the right direction, or the made in England direction :)

kaskade

How are ASOS with regards to shipping? They estimated the arrival at Tuesday the 17th. Seems kinda long. It is coming from the UK, though, so that may be it.

Their free option is usually a week-ish for me maybe less. If you order it on the weekend you might get it by the end of the week. I'm so used to Amazon's prime so it feels so long.

Asos takes half a lifetime but you don't have a ton of choices so it's still good man.

Their free option is usually a week-ish for me maybe less.
Thanks guys. Yeah I ordered it last night. Hopefully it's here before/on this weekend. I think they give two or so weeks to see if any other products are due to be dispatched to a similar area. I spoke to the help desk at ASOS and they said there's very rarely any orders from South Africa so hopefully it ships instantly.

Just thought I'd throw in a heads up for anyone in the UK who fancies getting some "made to measure/order" Savile Row tailoring, as opposed to full bespoke.

Forget Gieves & Hawkes as they're charging high prices for made in Mauritius garbage.

Anthony Sinclair's (aka David Mason) special order Conduit Cut stuff is highly customizable and is made in the north of England, at better prices.

Just thought I'd save anyone the hassle of finding out where the "made to measure" is actually made and perhaps point them in the right direction, or the made in England direction :)

did not know that!

Picked up a couple of button up's from my local J Crew outlet... paid $37 since it was 50% off plus my 15% off student discount lol.

And I picked up a fall jacket from Banana Republic outlet... can't find the right pic but it looks similar to this:

It's a gray wool jacket, tried it with a regular plain tee and it looked good so I'm pretty sure my button ups and polo's are gonna look good with it and it was all for $75 lol.

Lastly, I put in my order for the Timex Weekender watch along with a saddle brown NATO strap. The strap got here last Saturday, but Amazon hasn't shipped my watch. -___-

That's it for this month's purchases lol. Hopefully next month every store will have their fall collection ready. I was ready to pick up some sweaters at the BR today but it's still fncking 98F here in Texas, no use in wearing a sweater until early October unfortunately.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
tumblr_mlzi17QbnY1rg26vso1_500.jpg

What jacket is this, and where can I get one, it looks sexy as fuck.

Also, where do cheap motherfuckers like me go to buy snazy looking clothes? I'm a casual type by the way. Not about dat flashy life.

Lunchbox

Banned
Also, where do cheap motherfuckers like me go to buy snazy looking clothes? I'm a casual type by the way. Not about dat flashy life.
Walmart
Kmart
target
Payless

if that's too pricey as well then you can go to macusers favorite thriftstores like uniqlo, jcrew, h&m and random sweatshop inspection reject items from Korea on eBay

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did some shopping today, but unfortunately I won't know the results until later. I didn't want to spend on clothes right now, but right now is the best sale day before holidays later on when it has already been cold enough for me to want to clothes.

First I nabbed a nice heavy/nearly flannel white oxford like I wanted from Hollister. Say what you want about them, but they use nice fabric and their shirts hold up. It will be good for work.

Next I ordered these and this in horizon blue (which looks better in person) because honestly I don't really have anything remotely dressy in a proper fit, although I do have a nice tie for them. I tried on in store but stretch (nice when this fitted) is online exclusive.

Then I ordered one of these in silver for it because I didn't want to spend much more right now and it was worth a shot, especially since there was an extra code to bring it down to $15.

I have decent kicks for them but I'll probably need a new belt.
TM
I have also spent far too much money as I've been ordering and trying several new underwear in search for the best and so far I highly recommend the CK One Micro Low Rise Trunk.

Couldn't quite believe it when they told me. Their bespoke stuff is still god-tier, but be weary of the "made to measure/off the rack" clothes.

Richard James is also known to use Mauritius labour.

i'll have to look at the labels more closely next time when i get the chance, though i guess they probably do some small work on it after importing into the uk so they can still slap on "made in england"

giga

once you cross the threshold of prices you never thought you would pay, it becomes easier.
I've only reached this point for $200+ shoes. Still expensive to me, but the idea of it is no longer outlandish after buying my first pair of strands and falling in love with them.

Did some shopping today, but unfortunately I won't know the results until later. I didn't want to spend on clothes right now, but right now is the best sale day before holidays later on when it has already been cold enough for me to want to clothes.

First I nabbed a nice heavy/nearly flannel white oxford like I wanted from Hollister. Say what you want about them, but they use nice fabric and their shirts hold up. It will be good for work.

Next I ordered these and this in horizon blue (which looks better in person) because honestly I don't really have anything remotely dressy in a proper fit, although I do have a nice tie for them. I tried on in store but stretch (nice when this fitted) is online exclusive.

Then I ordered one of these in silver for it because I didn't want to spend much more right now and it was worth a shot, especially since there was an extra code to bring it down to $15.

I have decent kicks for them but I'll probably need a new belt.
TM
I have also spent far too much money as I've been ordering and trying several new underwear in search for the best and so far I highly recommend the CK One Micro Low Rise Trunk.
Not sure how much you want to burn on a belt but I have a couple from torino leather and they are quite good. Usually around $40-$50.

MegalonJJ

Banned
i'll have to look at the labels more closely next time when i get the chance, though i guess they probably do some small work on it after importing into the uk so they can still slap on "made in england"

I think Richard James said only the final ~20% was worked on in the UK. They had to remove the labels though. Here's an article about it

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-ndash-but-stitched-in-mauritius-1040243.html

I just think it's unacceptable for the price that Gieves & Hawkes are asking for their made to measure line (for example their made to measure trousers start at £400 and it's manufactured in the Mauritius. Comparatively a designer, i.e. Burberry makes their Prorsum trousers in Italy in the £450-£550 range, and offer a number of alterations too).

Im looking for some low profile shoes to wear with my jeans coming up in the fall. I cant stand bulky shoes when I where slim cut jeans, any opinion on these?

Never really owned a pair of vans. Im open for suggestions as well, budget is around $100.

http://www.zappos.com/vans-authentic-lo-pro-pewter-true-white?zfcTest=fcl:3
I have a pair of the otw ludlows coming in a few, I'll let you know what I think of them:

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/oky8i0.html?categoryId=66606

I think Richard James said only the final ~20% was worked on in the UK. They had to remove the labels though. Here's an article about it

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-ndash-but-stitched-in-mauritius-1040243.html

I just think it's unacceptable for the price that Gieves & Hawkes are asking for their made to measure line (for example their made to measure trousers start at £400 and it's manufactured in the Mauritius. Comparatively a designer, i.e. Burberry makes their Prorsum trousers in Italy in the £450-£550 range, and offer a number of alterations too).

interesting read, thanks for the link. i think something similar happens with a lot of designer sunglasses where most of the manufacturing takes place in china then some small touches are done so they can be "made in italy"

Once you buy a pair of 200+ shoes because they are comfy, 100 dollar sneakers seems cheap.

Uniqlo broadcloth collar shirts fit really nice, i got three.

Question to those of you who have jobs: Every month, do you allocate x amount of spend on clothes? I get money from my parents and work and every month I say this is how much I can spend on clothes. I always end up spending more..

Im looking for some low profile shoes to wear with my jeans coming up in the fall. I cant stand bulky shoes when I where slim cut jeans, any opinion on these?

Never really owned a pair of vans. Im open for suggestions as well, budget is around $100.

http://www.zappos.com/vans-authentic-lo-pro-pewter-true-white?zfcTest=fcl:3

screw vans, get chucks.

Question to those of you who have jobs: Every month, do you allocate x amount of spend on clothes? I get money from my parents and work and every month I say this is how much I can spend on clothes. I always end up spending more..

i hustle

Top Bottom