• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

MegalonJJ

Banned
£100. (Total expenditure for a 2-piece suit right?)

Hmm, I would suggest looking at Marks and Spencer or Next.

(Personally I would add in some more and go for a Paul Smith navy suit ~£485)

Haha yeah you're right I should specify especially going by this thread.

I'm looking for something around 100 pounds, but I'm willing to go over if you guys recommend it.

Also I'm thinking of going navy or grey because I already have two black ones (one nice the other not so much).

do you know where the paul smith outlet is on avery row? if you go there during sales you can get suits for around £150, otherwise h&m is probably your best bet for £100

Go_Ly_Dow

a simple herscel or solid color jansport would be better. the prints are too busy for a backpack imo

I partly heeded your advice. Looked in to herscel, but they were a bit pricey.

Opted for a print design, but chose one which was toned down compared to those.

Went for this

0NMm6qk.jpg

overcast

Yeah, I mean no offense, but I would have gone with a plain Jansport. That's what I was using until I got my messenger bag.

So, I love those skinny chino's now. Funny how these things work out huh?

im buying a Kanken back pack from Jcrew because they are doing the 25% off with FALLSTYLE code on orders over $150 and free shipping. The bag is $75 any other items you guys recomend? $75 or less.

Love my Kanken and as for other items, maybe you can stock up on stuff from their summer sale or perhaps get either a sweater or some chinos? I know that their broken-in slim fit chinos run for $75, as I bought a pair of the burgundy ones about three weeks ago.

Hmmm you guys have swayed my decision. (the price was also a factor)

I'm fond of these.....

03szw9d.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bagbase-Fashion-Backpack-Great-Colours/dp/B007SRDN0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377554165&sr=8-1&keywords=backpack

thoughts?

Much better than your other choices. Simple is better.

Manshion, what's a good websites for getting suited up? Banana Republic prices are ridiculous, need options.

Stores in LA area would work as well, thx.

J Crew maybe? Or Topshop / H&M / Zara? I'd go to a store to look at suits. It's important to get the fit right. If you are looking for something cheap and are in L.A., there's always the fashion district downtown.

Lunchbox

Banned
J Crew maybe? Or Topshop / H&M / Zara? I'd go to a store to look at suits. It's important to get the fit right. If you are looking for something cheap and are in L.A., there's always the fashion district downtown.

I just bought a suit off Zara, soon after making that post. I bought something a tad bigger so I can go to the DTLA garment district for alterations as needed. Thanks for the info though, i'm in the market for another suit (different color), so i'll take my time with this one

I just bought a suit off Zara, soon after making that post. I bought something a tad bigger so I can go to the DTLA garment district for alterations as needed. Thanks for the info though, i'm in the market for another suit (different color), so i'll take my time with this one

just make sure it fits on the shoulders, since they can't really alter that part

Hmmm you guys have swayed my decision. (the price was also a factor)

I'm fond of these.....

thoughts?

It's definitely better than that Vans bag you posted earlier, but looks a little too cheap. I understand you need something that isn't expensive, but I personally would rather spend more money on something that's more durable and won't try to break my back in the process. Check the reviews and see if they're durable or something lol.

I also agree with the North Face bag. They're fantastic, but I've seen a lot of them around my campus so I opted for something different haha.

Anyway, still on my watch hunt, what are y'alls thoughts on this?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I need to get a couple shirts for work. Right now it's warmer weather so I wear polos, but when it cools down I'll be switching to button-ups. I work in a fabric store so it's a mix of retail and professionalism. Has to be a white longsleeve button-up, and I'd like a nice sturdy twill like Dickies offers (business shirts are way too thin) but something fitted/slim cut. Know anything like that for under $50?

Dice

Fabric seems kind of thin in the pictures. I have some grey and tan military shirts with the kind of fabric I'm thinking of and if I hold it up to a light, I can't see the shape of the lightbulb. The reason I am asking here is in case anyone knows of such a thing since I'm looking around and only finding lightweight business shirts.

Well ultra heavy twill, outside of a flannel shirt, isn't going to be easy to find cut for a collared shirt. Outside of safari shirts I nothing really comes to mind.

Dice

Yeah these military shirts could be described as safari shirts. All the weight of flannel, but the weave is tight and smooth, so it doesn't pill and the fabric is more crisp. I just need some in white, not tan or grey.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My question, where can I find some good linen shirts in various colors that aren't super expensive? I have one I love from H&M but could never find others. They need to be shorter so I can wear them untucked as well. Slim fit preferably.

Basically I'm looking for good collared shirts to wear untucked with jeans for casual Friday at the office and that linen shirt is perfect and it feels nice to wear. Any other suggestions for shirts that would work in this situation are appreciated as well. (Keep them inexpensive).

Any help on the linen needs? Or the casual Friday untucked shirt with jeans needs?

Dice

Now that I think of it, maybe this from land's end?

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...t/id_248653_59
Currently backordered in my size but I will bookmark it. Thanks.

Edit: Found a coupon for 30% off and free shipping if the order was over $50 and the Tailored Fit Supima Poplin was $25 so I figured why not jump on both. The sail rigger won't ship til about Oct 14th tho so I'll probably have to pick up something else between.

Saw a guy today wearing a yellow oxford with a ralph lauren sweater vest and a bowtie. This was all topped off by wearing white chinos with the ankles cuffed and multi color derby shoes with no socks.

This school has it all. #menswear #swagwear #gothninjas

Looking to buy a nice chunky, grey knit cardigan for the f/w season... I know stuff's starting to come in but so far, most places are still selling the thinner variety and the wait's getting dull.

Why is it when I actually want to buy stuff, it's just not around yet?

Guevara

Finally got a decent denim shirt/jacket that I've been hunting for a while!

H&M UK for £25.

hmprod
hmprod
hmprod

Will wear it unbuttoned with a white t-shirt.

Just need some pointers on what it will go best with....jeans/chinos/trousers and colour?
I don't usually post here but I've had this shirt for a while and I wear the shit out of it. Like you said, it's a jacket on warmer nights and a shirt on cold days. I took it with me on vacation to Japan this summer where it was my only jacket.

Basically anything but jeans. I wear it with medium brown, grey or black pants.

7t03EZJ.jpg

I paid 65$ 2 years ago for this bag. I love it, but it's already worn out ; it doesn't even close anymore. I can't find it anywhere for less then 90$.

Anyone know where I could get either :

• This bag, but cheaper than 90$. No way I'm paying 30% more for something I already bought in the past.
  • A bag roughly the same size with a pocket for a laptop.
Doesn't seem like I'm able to find anything under 100$. :/

friday

Saw a guy today wearing a yellow oxford with a ralph lauren sweater vest and a bowtie. This was all topped off by wearing white chinos with the ankles cuffed and multi color derby shoes with no socks.

The CFO of the company I work for dresses like this. The ankle cuffs without socks is a bit much for me.

7t03EZJ.jpg

I paid 65$ 2 years ago for this bag. I love it, but it's already worn out ; it doesn't even close anymore. I can't find it anywhere for less then 90$.

Anyone know where I could get either :

• This bag, but cheaper than 90$. No way I'm paying 30% more for something I already bought in the past.
  • A bag roughly the same size with a pocket for a laptop.
Doesn't seem like I'm able to find anything under 100$. :/

The price of materials over the past few years has actually jumped up something like 20-30%, so it would make sense that the bag is slightly more expensive.

Top Bottom