• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

jwk94

Alright guys, I need some help. Does anybody know what the white shirt Caleb was wearing in the Summer finale of Pretty Little Liars is? This is the best picture I can get of it right now. Thank you.

tumblr_ms7zd6urzp1qcqnqzo1_500.gif

MegalonJJ

Banned
Gieves & Hawkes AW13 collection looks amazing.

Some very nice tailoring.

capsule-06-GQ_30Apr13_pr_b_540x810.jpg

capsule-02-GQ_30Apr13_pr_b_540x810.jpg

Also obligatory velvet shout out (I prefer blue, black, dark umber, dark teal but this still looks Godtier)

mainline_look_19-GQ_30Apr13_pr_b_540x810.jpg

Alright guys, I need some help. Does anybody know what the white shirt Caleb was wearing in the Summer finale of Pretty Little Liars is? This is the best picture I can get of it right now. Thank you.

tumblr_ms7zd6urzp1qcqnqzo1_500.gif
Couldn't tell you the brand, but it looks like a contrast-stitched white shirt, fabric might be chambray. punch that into your favorite search field and you should find something.

luxe example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-BAS...H-LOGO-OWL-SHIRT-15-3-4-40e-NEW-/390367897137

Go_Ly_Dow

I don't usually post here but I've had this shirt for a while and I wear the shit out of it. Like you said, it's a jacket on warmer nights and a shirt on cold days. I took it with me on vacation to Japan this summer where it was my only jacket.

Basically anything but jeans. I wear it with medium brown, grey or black pants.

Yeah, It's such a great purchase at a ridiculously low price.

And definitlenly not wearing it with jeans. Will hunt down some darker chinos/pants for it.

Confession: I'd kill to dress as though I lived in the Beatles' era, or specifically dress like them. Those guys, especially Paul McCartney, had so much game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
this is the classic, carried by everybody who is a somebody. they will last a lifetime and you can give it to your kid who will cherish it

fJksjFM.jpg

Wat.

Anyway related, bought this a few weeks ago. Visvim 22L blah blah.

http://eighteen.exblog.jp/iv/detail/index.asp?s=19927484&i=201304/28/92/c0079892_21455422.jpg

http://eighteen.exblog.jp/iv/detail/index.asp?s=19927484&i=201304/28/92/c0079892_21454460.jpg

Delicious pockets. Had a TNF purple label bag before this with literally zero pockets so it was a welcome change.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/search/linen

You could also go with broadcloth for something more casual.
IMG

I'm rather happy with chambray or right now, I know that Uniqlo is selling denim shirts as well as some printed chambray. Both are going for about $30 each.

Denim:
IMG

Thanks guys, these may work great! Now to find some jeans to go with, and then to order a new pair of Clarks (hmm, dark blue ones? Grey? too many choices!)

EDIT: Hmm, not much available at Uniqlo. It's crazy hard to find button ups that look good untucked.

May go with a cotton one from H&M, like $18.

hmprod

sruckus

Speaking of Uniqlo...why do they seem to show models wearing stuff they're not selling?

I really like this shirt, and unless I'm blind (likely) I am not seeing it.

yj3BdRN.png

LJ11

confused; do you mean just sneakers or is it branching out into apparel?

(aka link pls :p)

They did sneakers.

Bought a pair last month for 60 bucks on clearance, was going to post in the sneaker thread but forgot. They have some great high top black ones that are going for mid-300s.

I'd post pics but I'm in middle of something at the moment.

edit: link to the black high tops. hard to find now, look better without that shroud.

Speaking of Uniqlo...why do they seem to show models wearing stuff they're not selling?

I really like this shirt, and unless I'm blind (likely) I am not seeing it.

yj3BdRN.png

They have that shirt, saw it yesterday in-store in San Francisco.

If it's not folded, it's hanging on a display rack usually.

Grr. Snag it for me. I don't live in an area with any stores around.

I think it's this one:

69_078780.jpg

As when I picked it up, it sorta changed colors under the light. But I'll swing by after work to see if it's different. Though I'm pretty sure I saw the one posted there too.

So stopped by Uniqlo and to sruckus, the navy denim shirt is what's featured in the pic.

Here's what it looks like when you take a pic of it (courtesy of my iPhone lol):

20E37864-0DDD-438E-8D03-927D3A841906-676-00000044D22EF89E_zpsff2b1988.jpg

But the coloring is the same as in the ad on the site.

silencemovie

Neo Member
Has anyone here ever bought anything from Serbags.com? I'm looking to buy this messenger bag (not something I usually go for, but I like the look) but have never heard of the site before. I'd be shipping internationally to Australia

They are based in Los Angeles. I bought this bag about 3 months ago and very happy with the quality and structure. It looks like it will last a few decades! I believe they ship to Australia.

This blogger mentions that he bought it from Serbags and he lives in Australia.

http://www.marksoon.com/blog/2013/my-new-camera-bag-in-retro-style

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo so I just want to rant a bit.

I hate vanity sizing. If I take a completely honest waist measurement it is a snug 32" but then I go into stores and have to get 28" pants. That's fucking ridiculous. If I lost my bodyfat and had completely cut abs I would be 30" and the only way to get 28" is to measure at the absolute most narrow point a bit above my navel, suck in as far as I can, and then still pull the measuring tape so it squishes my guts in like a corset until it won't go any further without hurting. A guy with a legit 28" waist would have to be a really small guy, like 5' to 5'4" and super skinny. Four inches is an absolutely ridiculous discrepancy.

Why does this piss me off? Because when you get into nice clothing, where you spend more money and more exact fitting is very important to the look so you want to get it right, vanity sizing doesn't happen with some brands and still does with others. With those where it does, you can never be sure how much. If I lived in a big city and had all the time in the world to go try on clothes all day it wouldn't be a problem, but I live in a relatively small town that has crap to offer in the way of nice clothes so I have to order online. When I'm doing that, how the fuck am I supposed to know what size I should order?

So, dear world, please get over your laughably fragile egos and ludicrous expectations. This is men's fashion, not insecure babies fashion.

P.S. Please stop ordering shirts too small for you, some of us are actually size small and need clothes.

Top Bottom