• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Quick

Banned
Just ordered these tan chelseas;

e4rRQMKm.jpg

I have a feeling they'll either look amazing or very goofy on me. Hopefully they dont look too formal also (and suit blue skinny jeans).

Looks great.

I tried on some Chelseas (albeit cheap ones), and it looked weird. Wide feet might not be Chelsea friendly.

Pinewood

So, trouser leg length, where do your pants usually break? I have gone over the ankle but lately I've been thinking if I could wear pants with shorter legs.

Finding long pants isn't that easy when you're tall.

h3ro

The three piece suits were amazing deals. Washington is also my favorite cut, so i def had to get one of those as well. My grabs:

havana jacket in wool/cashmere. *love* the color.

washington half lined in grey check

havana three piece in burgundy. my favorite of them all.

soho in brown, because i've never owned a double breasted suit.
I had the last Burgundy Havana 3 piece in my card and it vanished as I hit add to cart. It's a gorgeous suit.

Just picked up a few odds and ends last night. A couple of linen sweaters and handful of ties.

giga

I had the last Burgundy Havana 3 piece in my card and it vanished as I hit add to cart. It's a gorgeous suit.

Just picked up a few odds and ends last night. A couple of linen sweaters and handful of ties.
40L? If so..👀😘

Anth0ny

Looks great.

I tried on some Chelseas (albeit cheap ones), and it looked weird. Wide feet might not be Chelsea friendly.

yeah I tried on some $100 Chelseas from Zara and they looked and felt like shit.

Grabbed some $200 ones from blundstone (which is still pretty cheap, honestly) and they looked and felt much better :)

h3ro

yeah I tried on some $100 Chelseas from Zara and they looked and felt like shit.

Grabbed some $200 ones from blundstone (which is still pretty cheap, honestly) and they looked and felt much better :)

I picked up the Jack Erwin Chelseas in brown suede last fall and absolutely love them, amazing shoes for the price. I beleive they were also $200.

Quick

Banned

I was actually looking into Blundstone Chelseas. Got a bit derailed after buying my Red Wing Iron Rangers, but I might pick them up maybe in the next couple of months or so. Friend of mine has a pair, and it looks great.

Anth0ny

I was actually looking into Blundstone Chelseas. Got a bit derailed after buying my Red Wing Iron Rangers, but I might pick them up maybe in the next couple of months or so. Friend of mine has a pair, and it looks great.

I'll try to take a pic in them today or tomorrow for reference. Love em!

I'm in the market for a functional jacket. Under $100 would be great, but I'd be willing to go up to $120 or so for the right jacket. I already have a peacoat, so not one of those. Something that will keep out the cold, although I'm in LA, so it doesn't get that cold. Something that would be good down to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or so. Ideally something that would hold up in moderate rain.

Any recommendations? If not for a specific jacket, then for a store to browse?

Bumhead

Banned
Has anyone got any advice on good quality smart/casual shirts, and where to get them?

Sort of look/style I'm looking at would be something like this, especially for summer. This is Anthony Joshua, so I'm under no illusions I'd look this good (or be able to afford this exact shirt!), but as an example of the sort of thing I'm after;

https://instagram.com/p/BASN2f0xyfT/

I do 99% of my clothes shopping at ASOS, but I think I want to expand my horizons and maybe look a little.. higher than that.

Many thanks in advance!

just got my ridiculous friend who has crazy family wealth in to fashion. he goes on a shopping spree and comes back with nothing but dries. my man!

Midas

Just saw some Dries SS16. It reminded me what a huge dissapointment it is. First time Dries leaves me so uninterested.

Lotto

i keep adding stuff to my cart and then when i proceed to checkout they disappear. i'm guessing they're sold out but still show up in stock. oh well

h3ro

Worth it for the long term. I replaced most of my ludlows thanks to them. Time to save up for next year..

Have you had everything ship? All my orders from Jan 5th have shipped save one (houndstooth havana 3 piece) and I've received most of the other garments already.

LOVE the quality of the ties. Amazing at $20.

giga

Have you had everything ship? All my orders from Jan 5th have shipped save one (houndstooth havana 3 piece) and I've received most of the other garments already.

LOVE the quality of the ties. Amazing at $20.
Yeah everything I ordered last week delivered. All worth it after seeing the quality of the fabric and fit.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What do you all buy for dress pants that don't wrinkle. I've had issues for a long time finding a good pair of khaki-colored pants for work that don't look like I pulled them out from under the bed by the time I get to work. I love the fit of the ones I have now, but they always look so wrinkled up.

Anyone have any good brands?

Oh, also, asked this a bit back and didn't see the answers. My fiancee got me some nice leather sneakers for Xmas, what's the best way to waterproof them? Do I need to worry too much?

h3ro

What do you all buy for dress pants that don't wrinkle. I've had issues for a long time finding a good pair of khaki-colored pants for work that don't look like I pulled them out from under the bed by the time I get to work. I love the fit of the ones I have now, but they always look so wrinkled up.

Anyone have any good brands?

Oh, also, asked this a bit back and didn't see the answers. My fiancee got me some nice leather sneakers for Xmas, what's the best way to waterproof them? Do I need to worry too much?
I'm a fan of Bonobos when it comes to dress pants for work/business-casual dress. They have a 30% off of their final sale items going on now and you can score a nice pair for around $50-60.

Tailored Fit at Bonobos - Navy

I prefer the Tailored Slim fit but be warned, if you do any sort of squats, size up on the waist a tad for more room in the seat and quads.

Top Bottom