• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Picked up a few things from COS: silk/cotton knit tee, jersey sweatshirt, kimono tee, and a wool/linen long-sleeve tee.

Love the silk tee, super comfy and nicely fitted. Kimono shirt has a very weird silhouette, so it's going back. Sweatshirt is about as basic as it gets, not as nice as my Obey but worth hanging onto. Linen shirt is a little big and extremely thin, but feels great; still deciding whether or not to keep.

[Sale] prices are pretty reasonable and the immediate quality is an inarguable step up from H&M's mainline stuff, and more appealing than Uniqlo or the other "essentials" stores that H&M is going after with this brand. Really like that literally all their clothes are simple and clean, with hardly a pattern or print to be found. Looking forward to them getting more stores open around the States, but until then, I'll give more stuff a try from the site.

bidguy

Banned
future-codeine-crazy-video.jpg

where can i get the jacket how much does it cost anybody know ?

lt519

Hey, I'm struggling here for suit options for my wedding. I don't mind spending money on myself for a nice made to tailor suit but I don't want my groomsmen to have to foot the bill for something expensive when they already have to travel.

What's the deal with me wearing a different suit and them a off the rack suit they go get tailored. Should we all go same color, etc? What are some good options for them or even something reasonable for us all to get? Looking at stuff like jos a bank, etc, has just made me realize the cuts are garbage and the shoulders always pop up to much at the slightest arm movement. How much work can a tailor actually do on a suit? Like could I get us all off the rack and then have mine just have heavy tailoring and they can go easy?

Fritz

I think a tailor can do a lot with a suit off the rack but at some point costs will exceed the price of a better option off the rack. There are definitely affordable options for proper suits but I am not in the US so I do not have any names.

That said I wouldn't even think about orchestrating my outfit with that if my best men. But that might also be because I am not in the US. Over here that would be really tacky.

lt519

That said I wouldn't even think about orchestrating my outfit with that if my best men. But that might also be because I am not in the US. Over here that would be really tacky.

Where you from? Pretty typical over here for everyone to get the same suit/tux and the groom switches it up on a couple things to stand out a bit. But going completely different isn't off the table for me.

Just not sure what price point is asking to much from my boys vs something that's too cheap and going to look bad. If I can find something reasonable we'll all look good in or just go cheap for them and do something nice for myself. Or if I'm over thinking it. We're all professionals and can afford nice suits but just attending the wedding is going to run most of them over a grand easy already and some probably won't wear it again.

Fritz

Where you from? Pretty typical over here for everyone to get the same suit/tux and the groom switches it up on a couple things to stand out a bit. But going completely different isn't off the table for me.

Just not sure what price point is asking to much from my boys vs something that's too cheap and going to look bad. If I can find something reasonable we'll all look good in or just go cheap for them and do something nice for myself. Or if I'm over thinking it. We're all professionals and can afford nice suits but just attending the wedding is going to run most of them over a grand easy already and some probably won't wear it again.

Yeah I know. I am German, that's why I pointed out that I am not from the us. Apart from that slight difference in "wedding culture" I think it's just cooler as in more laissez faire or less high maintenance.

Over here you ca get a decent suit for 200 - 300 bucks.

Lotto

I am looking into getting the Katahdin Engineer LL Bean Boots:

Any thoughts on them quality wise or look wise?

I've had mine since 2009. They're a solid pair of boots, just put some waterproof wax on them and you're good to go. Comfort wise, they take a while to break in (~a few weeks to a month) but I use them when I go hiking all the time or just as a general rain/work boot. I wear a size 7D which is my usual size. Here's the worn pair I have (after a desert hike)

I've had mine since 2009. They're a solid pair of boots, just put some waterproof wax on them and you're good to go. Comfort wise, they take a while to break in (~a few weeks to a month) but I use them when I go hiking all the time or just as a general rain/work boot. I wear a size 7D which is my usual size. Here's the worn pair I have (after a desert hike)

Awesome, they sound good to me. I work in construction so I can't exactly wear high fashion shoes/boots around the site so these sound perfect. A good mix of durable, comfortable, and good looking.

BumRush

thanks, i love that. what should i do about pocket square though, plain white?

I'm not sure you'd need a pocket square for a job interview. A well fitting blue suit, crisp white shirt and classy tie is all you need. Well, that and a great pair of shoes that are polished and a belt that matches.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah. I really like the cut of th e conservation jacket but I already have 2 long winter coats, and a black thinner jacket would be nice to have...

Maybe I'll style fox this question

Lotto

That or styleforum. Gotta take a closer look at what each is offering.

I might just do a sf pre-order, these won't be fulfilled until september anyways so i could manage enough money by then.

Edit: or maybe even SP.. their preorders aren't until later though

overcast

Anyone know where to get some nice glasses, as in for my vision? My sight isn't awful but I might as well give it a real shot. Wanna look good though.

Dany

Banned
I went into their store the other day for sunglasses, their QC is pretty rough. There were glasses that had the lenses in different angles from each other, they all seemed to fit differently. I was pretty disappointed
How do you mean lenses at different angles?

SeanR1221

What pomade do you guys like?

I'm using American crew but I don't like how it has a medium hold. Looking for something firmer.

My stylist used billy jealousy brand which gave a really nice hold. Sending hints to my wife for Valentine's Day

Top Bottom