• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm a fan of Bonobos when it comes to dress pants for work/business-casual dress. They have a 30% off of their final sale items going on now and you can score a nice pair for around $50-60.

Tailored Fit at Bonobos - Navy

I prefer the Tailored Slim fit but be warned, if you do any sort of squats, size up on the waist a tad for more room in the seat and quads.

Cool, how do they do wrinkle-wise?

I have bigger thighs so I'll have to size up.

h3ro

Cool, how do they do wrinkle-wise?

I have bigger thighs so I'll have to size up.

I haven't had issues with them wrinkling but they don't have any sort of treatment or any material woven into the cotton to prevent wrinkles.

I think you should check out the Weekday Warriors line they have. I believe those pants do have some anti-wrinkle work done on them. My brother wears them daily to his office and says they're really comfortable.

https://bonobos.com/shop/pants/dress-pants

Here's the blurb describing the material:

Let's be honest about this: nobody likes getting dressed for work. Picking out the pants, the unwelcome wrinkles, the clumsy ironing board—who needs it? Certainly not us. The solution, we would posit, is the Weekday Warriors. Made from non-iron fabric, available in a range of office-friendly colors, these great-fitting, hassle-free cotton dress pants take the pain out of workdays. So relax. Enjoy that coffee. Savor that sports page. And say goodbye to ironing forever.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I haven't had issues with them wrinkling but they don't have any sort of treatment or any material woven into the cotton to prevent wrinkles.

I think you should check out the Weekday Warriors line they have. I believe those pants do have some anti-wrinkle work done on them. My brother wears them daily to his office and says they're really comfortable.

https://bonobos.com/shop/pants/dress-pants

Here's the blurb describing the material:

Ordered a pair. 20% off for new customers too! I went with tailored fit 38's even though most my pants are 36. We'll see how they fit.

EDIT: Man those "Fireside Flannels" they have look awesome. Chinos with flannel on the inside? $100 though...

BumRush

Ordered a pair. 20% off for new customers too! I went with tailored fit 38's even though most my pants are 36. We'll see how they fit.

EDIT: Man those "Fireside Flannels" they have look awesome. Chinos with flannel on the inside? $100 though...

They're amazing. Really quality fabric as well.

what are the chances either of these shirts are under $500 or some other ridiculous price point a college student can't afford

0L7kgfW.jpg

Lb7dBl5.jpg

Lotto

anyone here have experience buying stuff through yahoo! auctions jp or rakuten? i'm eyeing some stuff on both but not really sure the whole process. i guess i signed up for aleado group or something (since i'm a gaijin that can't read japanese) but not even sure if that's legit.

I'm really feeling chelsea boots right now but I have fairly thick, thighs and calves and fairly short legs. so im thinking chelseas would make my legs look even shorter and stumpier than they are

Eanan

I'm really feeling chelsea boots right now but I have fairly thick, thighs and calves and fairly short legs. so im thinking chelseas would make my legs look even shorter and stumpier than they are

Me too. The solution?

Get black, super skinny jeans. They make your legs look a lot slimmer and look immense with black suede chelseas. That is unless you have very fat legs, then maybe not.

Me too. The solution?

Get black, super skinny jeans. They make your legs look a lot slimmer and look immense with black suede chelseas. That is unless you have very fat legs, then maybe not.
Hah I live in black jeans but it genuinely looks like I'm wearing skinny jeans when I wear slim. Bought my first pair of non low cut shoes there yesterday. Might just try or get some cheap ones to see if they suit me before going all in.

MegalonJJ

Banned
What do you all buy for dress pants that don't wrinkle. I've had issues for a long time finding a good pair of khaki-colored pants for work that don't look like I pulled them out from under the bed by the time I get to work. I love the fit of the ones I have now, but they always look so wrinkled up.

Anyone have any good brands?

What you want to do is visit a good tailor to make you awesome trousers.

SeanR1221

I bought a couple of the v-neck t-shirts uniqlo sells in the bags for 7.90. Not a bad fit at all and held up in the wash. I'll definitely wear these casually with jeans/to the gym

giga

Speaking of tee shrinkage, everyone should check this out, which compares the fits, weights, and prices of over 800 shirts: http://www.threadbase.com/unravelled

We washed, dried, measured and weighed 800 of the most popular men's t-shirts available online. The shirts included a wide variety of price points ($5-$50), sizes (XXS up to 6XL) and fits ("slim", "tall", "relaxed", etc.). After compiling the data, we worked with beta testers in NYC to develop an algorithm that could recommend t-shirt brands and sizes for a wide range of body types. We're still tweaking the math on that algorithm, but in the meantime, we thought we'd share some of the data that has surfaced from our project so far.

overcast

Anyone know a place I can get decent scoop necks?

I've gotten two from Asos in the past year and they fell apart right quick. I mean that's not surprising given that their tees are trashhh. But still.

nick nacc

Banned
Anyone got any good combat boots to stuff sweatpants and jeans into? I like the ones on the express mannequins but they dont sell them anymore. like 150 rang

Lotto

Anyone know a place I can get decent scoop necks?

I've gotten two from Asos in the past year and they fell apart right quick. I mean that's not surprising given that their tees are trashhh. But still.

Not that I have any, maybe someone here can chime in but Grana has pima cotton scoop necks for a decent price: http://www.grana.com/men-s-scoop-neck-t-shirt.html?size=34&color=48. I haven't ordered from them in a while but Everlane tees have a more revealing neck hem than most crew necks I own as well. I'd consider them more in the scoop neck category than traditional crew necks.

FStop7

Banned
Took a long walk by all of the boutiques and brand name shops on Melrose Ave.

EVERYTHING is technogoth. Everything.

If you're not wearing a black rag hood over your head like the cyberpunk virgin mary then you aren't shit.

Speaking of tee shrinkage, everyone should check this out, which compares the fits, weights, and prices of over 800 shirts: http://www.threadbase.com/unravelled

Very very interesting, thanks.

I'm just about to get some shirts tailored, since they're perfect but too long to wear them untucked. I've been trying to decide how much do I want them "shortened". Everything was fine until I remembered these crap items shrink, but how much? that's the question.

Why everything is always hard?

xHiryu

Never knew we had a thread for Men's fashion lol

Well Fashion GAF do ya know wheres the best place to buy skinny jeans for someone who has thick-ish thighs? Skimmed a few pages of this thread, ya looking hella fresh.

Me too. The solution?

I saw this combo today, the black suede chelseas and black jeans looked amazing. Was paired with a camel overcoat.

Never occurred to me that black suede chelseas went so well.

Top Bottom