• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I recently decided to get into unconventional fashion, and John Elliot is my first foray into it. It all feels so, so comfy and so right. The Hooded Villain is legit the best hoodie I've ever owned.

Let us know how they are in 3 months!
That entire outfit looks great, wish it was cheaper but whatever. What are the shoes?

Grakl

The cognac is easily more versatile dawg, dark brown still looks good ofc but it's fuckin black, probably should go for that

CatPee

That entire outfit looks great, wish it was cheaper but whatever. What are the shoes?

You can get away with any slim fit sweatpants to replace the Kitos I was wearing. The Mercer tee and Villain hoodie are irreplaceable in terms of design and fabric though, in my opinion. John Elliot stuff is pretty common on Grailed for fairly cheap too, if you don't mind them being lightly used.

Shoes are the Low Top Splash by Filling Pieces. Only place to get them these days is either on Grailed or eBay.

we accessorize based on the color of our soul
🕳

7qIPozF.jpg

Goats, lambs and cows all accounted for. Just need a Leather tee. 🐑

You can get away with any slim fit sweatpants to replace the Kitos I was wearing. The Mercer tee and Villain hoodie are irreplaceable in terms of design and fabric though, in my opinion. John Elliot stuff is pretty common on Grailed for fairly cheap too, if you don't mind them being lightly used.

Shoes are the Low Top Splash by Filling Pieces. Only place to get them these days is either on Grailed or eBay.
Yeah I have slim gray sweatpants but that's a shame about the shoes/sweatshirt.

Loxley

Hey there FashionGAF. I've decided that 2016 is the year I finally update my wardrobe with newer, higher quality stuff. The only hitch is I don't have a ton of expendable income, so I have to take things one step at a time (meaning no buying full outfits all at once). I figured I'd start from the bottom and work my way up, with new shoes and socks for this month. I picked up a nice pair of Ted Bakers (Torsdi 3s, I think they are?) and some Rockports for more casual wear:

The Rockports are more comfortable, but man, that blue stitching on the Ted Bakers just completely sold them to me. They're also the most expensive shoes I think I've ever purchased ($99.99 on sale). I picked up some inexpensive socks as well. I have zero idea how fashionable these are, but I can tell you already they're a notable improvement over the crappy Hanes I've relied on for years (the white ones that come in a pack of six dozen or whatever).

Next month's focus will be pants and belts. I think I'm going to look for my first pair of chinos.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01277JZ86/

Loving everything about this shirt except that its seemingly made for women.

Can I wear it if I am a man? If yes, is it enlarged in the breast areas (for the lack of better wording)

If no? Then any recommendation of similar look and style would be appreciated.

Why do women get the best designs :(

Well, the buttons are on the other side. If you don't care about that, go ahead :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01277JZ86/

Loving everything about this shirt except that its seemingly made for women.

Can I wear it if I am a man? If yes, is it enlarged in the breast areas (for the lack of better wording)

If no? Then any recommendation of similar look and style would be appreciated.

Why do women get the best designs :(

I've had a couple from Obey that are very similar to this. Military-style shirts are definitely not hard to find, although I'm mentally drawing a blank on what might be some other brands to look at.

CatPee

which other side?

Also what size should I get considering I have a broad shoulder with a height of 185?

Men's shirts have buttons on the right placket. Women's shirts have buttons on the left placket.

Most mainstream brands should have some variant of military shirts like that, so it shouldn't be terribly hard to find.

Oh no. My favorite pants, which are linen, I noticed a vertical line in the middle of my butt crack. They must've ripped. :(

The pants were so light weight perfect for Florida heat. I got them clearances at Banana Republic for $20 originally $70. :(

Any ideas from you guys on nice linen pants?

This thread is dead as fuck. Can we reset outside of the community ghetto?

Fence installation outfit; ever lane pants are nice but the sweatshirts are cut kinda odd/short/loose.
I've had mixed experiences with Everlane. The cashmere hoodie I have is great, but the tshirts I ordered were like they were for someone 6 foot or taller, even in XS

Lotto

I've had mixed experiences with Everlane. The cashmere hoodie I have is great, but the tshirts I ordered were like they were for someone 6 foot or taller, even in XS

i'm short af but i've come to appreciate the drape on everlane tees compared to all my uniqlo supima tees (though they're still the best fitting for me.) i don't think they're very consistent, depending on the color the fit is either looser or tighter. i do really like the neckline trim on their tees though, very slim and somewhat scoopy.

i'm short af but i've come to appreciate the drape on everlane tees compared to all my uniqlo supima tees (though they're still the best fitting for me.) i don't think they're very consistent, depending on the color the fit is either looser or tighter. i do really like the neckline trim on their tees though, very slim and somewhat scoopy.
I wish I could get into the drape but I'm not skinny enough for it yet. shame, I have a short torso so it'd probably look pretty good

Ashhong

I am going to buy some Nike Roshes but I just noticed every time I see them they are worn with ankles showing and no socks. I don't think I've ever seen them in regular jeans with long socks. Is this like way to wear them?

overcast

I am going to buy some Nike Roshes but I just noticed every time I see them they are worn with ankles showing and no socks. I don't think I've ever seen them in regular jeans with long socks. Is this like way to wear them?
That shouldn't be an issue imo

Anth0ny

while no socks/ankles showing is the ideal way to rock roshes, they are VERY versatile sneakers.

Rocking them with traditional jeans/socks is perfectly fine:

L0Yu3uh.jpg

xsVqLOb.jpg

entremet

Has anyone gotten jeans tailored?

The below the knee section of a current pair I copped is a bit too wide. I preferred a tapered look.

The below the knee section of a current pair I copped is a bit too wide. I preferred a tapered look.
I've been meaning to do this too. Bought Uniqlo tapered jeans but they don't carry my length anymore, and the in-house hemming took the taper out of it.

Lotto

yes, almost always get my jeans tailored, whether it be length or tapering. it's harder to find a tailor to hem selvedge denim though since most of the time when they do it, they just get rid of the selvedge seam altogether or don't offer chain-stitching.

Since Summer is right around the corner, I thought I'd start looking into updating my Summer wardrobe, starting with tank tops. I have a few, but I'm looking for quite a bit more. Definitely want them to be comfy, but without breaking the bank. Anyone have any good suggestions on brands and whatnot?

Farmboy

Excuse my noobness, esp. when it comes to proper English clothing terminology; hope you guys can help... was watching Trevor Noah's special Lost In Translation and am really liking his blue suit. I have a similar build so I think it would look quite good on me as well.

Also here.

It's blue and has a slight sheen to it. Even just knowing what this exact color would be called (am not a native English speaker, it's not quite navy though right?) would be helpful. Same goes for the fit (of course it's probably tailor made, but otherwise this would qualify as 'slim', right?)

But if anyone knows or can guess the specific brand, that would be awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bonobos had their Lambswool half-zips on sale for $48 so I grabbed a black one.
https://bonobos.com/products/lambswool-half-zip?color=grey&shirt-fit=slim&shirt-size=s

My crazy Bonobos problems with pants probably haven't been detailed here yet. Got a pair from them at the recommendation of someone here. Loved them, they fit well and looked great. A month or so in I was getting into my car and the crotch ripped completely. Bonobos CS was amazing and had me exchange them for a bit looser fit in the thighs, new pair still felt a bit tight, so now I am waiting for their dress pants that come in the new athletic fit to get back in stock to try those.

Bonobos had their Lambswool half-zips on sale for $48 so I grabbed a black one.
https://bonobos.com/products/lambswool-half-zip?color=grey&shirt-fit=slim&shirt-size=s

My crazy Bonobos problems with pants probably haven't been detailed here yet. Got a pair from them at the recommendation of someone here. Loved them, they fit well and looked great. A month or so in I was getting into my car and the crotch ripped completely. Bonobos CS was amazing and had me exchange them for a bit looser fit in the thighs, new pair still felt a bit tight, so now I am waiting for their dress pants that come in the new athletic fit to get back in stock to try those.

Aw man, small only :(

FStop7

Banned
Finally caved in and joined the Nike train. Ordered a pair of Flyknit Lunar 3's to replace my dying Asics Nimbus 17. If I like them I'll probably buy a second pair for casual wear since (unlike the Nimbus) they look good.

fep

I'm on an Epaulet kick... kick. Have had the cloud grey trainers for a week and they are exceptional. Ep is having a clearance on their 'Calgary' leather shoes if anyone is interested.

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale

I was going to back the brown Gustin boots, but snagged the last 11.5 in the brown Calgary boot instead.

Top Bottom