• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

h3ro

i feel like we've talked about this before during their outlet sale but it's my favorite fit. the lapels and shoulders are so damn masculine; it always gets the most compliments.

We have! Agreed on all counts.

Did you see their custom suit option? Basically, it's a selection of Super 110's in various prints/colors and in a few different fits (Havana, Napoli, Washington etc). The big bonus is that you can order a matching waistcoat, meaning... 3 piece Washington. :O

I'd like to see them reduce the price a little consider these are only 110's wool. Right now, the custom three piece suits are $778.

Sora_N

Inexpensive but suitable jacket for spring? I only have to wear shirt tie and dress pants for work. Not sure what would work with that.

I live in Vancouver Canada if that helps. Doesn't get too cold or hot.

Does anyone here hang all of their pants on hangers? I'm considering doing it for everything, including jeans but I'm starting to think it may be a bit over the top. Convince me this isn't crazy.

Zekes!

Does anyone here hang all of their pants on hangers? I'm considering doing it for everything, including jeans but I'm starting to think it may be a bit over the top. Convince me this isn't crazy.

I would probably do this if I had less pants/a bigger closet or rack

Lotto

someone sell me a navy blue lambskin suede patrik ervell cap, you know the one with the short brim. i'm angry i slept on it when i had it in my cart a couple months ago. ended up settling for some crappy $12 one on ebay.

Latest pickup: Y3 Pure Boost ZG Knit

BF3C9FEC-6FC3-465E-AFB6-BEBEA26C3E95_zpszatiqyr0.jpg

Purchased them from Matches Fashion online and I must say, their packing is impeccable!

Nice shoes, good to see an online retailer put effort into their shit.
Yeah, but my wardrobe is fairly small.

Breakage

Yo, anyone know where I can get a (mens) plain black mock turtleneck sweater with no visible logos for a reasonable price in the UK? I don't care about brands.
I just want something with the thickness and feel of a typical Nike sweatshirt. I have been trying to find one for months and all I've come across are ridiculously lightweight rollneck sweaters.

giga

We have! Agreed on all counts.

Did you see their custom suit option? Basically, it's a selection of Super 110's in various prints/colors and in a few different fits (Havana, Napoli, Washington etc). The big bonus is that you can order a matching waistcoat, meaning... 3 piece Washington. :O

I'd like to see them reduce the price a little consider these are only 110's wool. Right now, the custom three piece suits are $778.
Ah nice! That's definitely too much for me for just super 110s. My 110 suits are my workhorse suits (blue line).

Fritz

Yo, anyone know where I can get a (mens) plain black mock turtleneck sweater with no visible logos for a reasonable price in the UK? I don't care about brands.
I just want something with the thickness and feel of a typical Nike sweatshirt. I have been trying to find one for months and all I've come across are ridiculously lightweight rollneck sweaters.

Did you try Land's End? They should ship to the UK.

entremet

Wow. Uniqlo is trash these days. What happened?

They used to my go to for business basics, but they've double downed on easy casual.

giga

Wow. Uniqlo is trash these days. What happened?

They used to my go to for business basics, but they've double downed on easy casual.

I don't think I've ever used uniqlo for business basics. They've always been casual basics (tees, innerwear, socks) for me. What are you looking for? Ctshirts for dress shirts. Jomers/Bonobos for chinos and dress pants.

entremet

I don't think I've ever used uniqlo for business basics. They've always been casual basics (tees, innerwear, socks) for me. What are you looking for? Ctshirts for dress shirts. Jomers/Bonobos for chinos and dress pants.
I used to get cheaper dress shirts there. Beaters. They're all button down collar now. Bummer.

I need to restock for work wardrobe and they were great for that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Current favorite brands:

John Elliott Co - love the sweatpants but the best were the boucle sweats, just too expensive.
Reigning Champ - great sporty jackets, hoodies and sweaters and probably the only nice pair of Asics I've ever seen.
Norse Projects - nice bombers
Stampd - nice jackets, especially this parka
Fear of God - some nice stuff but too expensive for me, want this vest

Wish I was rich tho, can only afford a little here and there.

edit: If anyone has any recommendation for a vest please post. I want a khaki/olive vest to go with my black hoodie. FOG one, but doesn't have to be similar, it's pretty difficult to find any decent one really:

friday

I have a question guys.

I bought the Uniqlo Lemaire seersucker sport coat in black. It is casual and very lightweight. What would you guys wear with something like that? I usually wear black pants or jeans, but I don't wanna look like I am wearing some mismatched suit. I am thinking some olive green pants would look good with it.

Thoughts?

I have a question guys.

I bought the Uniqlo Lemaire seersucker sport coat in black. It is casual and very lightweight. What would you guys wear with something like that? I usually wear black pants or jeans, but I don't wanna look like I am wearing some mismatched suit. I am thinking some olive green pants would look good with it.

Thoughts?

black jeans go with anything

maybe that should be on the front page

BLACK JEANS GO WITH EVERYTHING GUYS

Anth0ny

yeah I buy a new pair of chucks every year before festival season with full intention to destroy them by the end of festival season lol

fep

I'm in love. I think this will be a common casual Spring/Summer outfit for me this year.

Gustin #143 Flannel
Gustin #5 Navy Chino
Epaulet Sports Trainers in Cloud Gray

I really like Gustin shirts, but I'd prefer maybe ~1 inch shorter.

fep

I get a new pair here in Canada for $50 or less, which comes to around $8 USD.

The low CAD salt is real. I just got my clutch replaced up in Canada and I felt like a king with my USD.

What the fuckity fuck? In Sweden Converse goes for 80 USD at the minimum! o_O

Comes out to $40 USD, still half of what you're paying though!

I see Chucks come through Ross sometimes for $20-25, but obviously style and size may vary.

TimeInc

those Y-3's are really nice... feel like a need pair of trainers £230 is really expensive, also looked at Flyknit Air Max which are also £205 so either pair will set me back a bit.

Tekniqs

Hey guys. Thinking about finally jumping into raw denim/selvedge jeans. Any good (albeit cheaper) ones I can try just to see if I would actually like it. Don't want to pay $200+ for something I'll end up not liking lol. I like how the Levis 511 fit so maybe something of similar fit.

thanks!

Anth0ny

Hey guys. Thinking about finally jumping into raw denim/selvedge jeans. Any good (albeit cheaper) ones I can try just to see if I would actually like it. Don't want to pay $200+ for something I'll end up not liking lol. I like how the Levis 511 fit so maybe something of similar fit.

thanks!

Look into Nudie and Naked & Famous. I love both brands and they should mostly be under $200 USD (I'm in Canada and some are under $200, others are like $230 at most)

Quick

Banned
Any suggestions on a nice cologne to wear during the day/spring/summer?

I have a bottle of YSL for evenings, wouldn't mind something for the day.

Top Bottom