• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Lotto

are raw denim jeans inherently longer than "regular" jeans?

as far as i know, yes. it's so you can get them hemmed at your desired length without having to find a pair that is your exact length.
or if you want to have mad stacks, options are nice

Quick

Banned
Just picked up a medium wash denim jacket from Gap. Sleeves need to be hemmed though - not sure if Gap's sleeves are just long in general, or if I have short arms.

I had one other Gap jacket sleeves hemmed as well, but another jacket was just fine.

creed: aventus, green irish tweed, silver mountain water

dat price tag. $

I'll look into this though.

giga

Just picked up a medium wash denim jacket from Gap. Sleeves need to be hemmed though - not sure if Gap's sleeves are just long in general, or if I have short arms.

I had one other Gap jacket sleeves hemmed as well, but another jacket was just fine.

dat price tag. $

I'll look into this though.

fragerancenet.com

they're legit

Got a mackintosh half price
beb7741df762af5f6e2cc49446baa1a6.jpg

leroidys

Kind of a random question, but as this thread is mostly made up of discriminating dudes with fine tastes- any ideas or suggestions for groomsman gifts?

Sorry this might annoy you guys a lot since a lot of people prolly already asked this question... But where should I start looking when it comes to nice outfits that I can afford? And also trends I looked into Polyvore and everything on there has at least 3-4 digits which seems a tad too intimidating for a high schooler...

Sorry this might annoy you guys a lot since a lot of people prolly already asked this question... But where should I start looking when it comes to nice outfits that I can afford? And also trends I looked into Polyvore and everything on there has at least 3-4 digits which seems a tad too intimidating for a high schooler...
what is nice, in this context?

Quick

Banned
High school? Probably want to be cost-effective, I'm guessing.

I like getting basics from Old Navy and H&M. H&M has basic shirts for as low as $7, Old Navy is about the same.

Levi's is a safe choice for jeans, they're classic. American Eagle's flex jeans are fantastic though. Hollister has the same kind of jeans too.

Messenger bags are pretty versatile, unless you're wearing a tuxedo.

Forever 21 always fits me better than H&M fwiw, but yeah what Quick said

though I don't know what's wrong with jeans and a shirt, that's pretty much all I ever wear as an adult anyway. If it fits well it looks good

all photos taken at 5am near black out drunk in a public bathroom after i locked myself out of my apartment

shirt - valentino / tux pants - lanvin / boots - lad musician / sweater - some old aw99 hedi era ysl shit / coat - vintage

Quick

Banned
Forever 21 always fits me better than H&M fwiw, but yeah what Quick said

though I don't know what's wrong with jeans and a shirt, that's pretty much all I ever wear as an adult anyway. If it fits well it looks good

Funny enough, I haven't ever really thought of looking at Forever 21. lol

If I'm not at the office, I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

The point of hanging out is being casual anyway. You'd never want to over-dress, unless the occasion calls for it.

Target often has nicely styled outerwear that ain't too spendy.

I miss Target in Canada for this. Major step up from Wal-Mart (though, I've never really looked there). Target had Beaver Canoe, which is a Roots brand, and all their stuff was cleared out during their liquidation sale. :(

They sell it at Roots stores now, but I don't think it was as cheap as what Target sold them for.

all photos taken at 5am near black out drunk in a public bathroom after i locked myself out of my apartment

shirt - valentino / tux pants - lanvin / boots - lad musician / sweater - some old aw99 hedi era ysl shit / coat - vintage

I don't know why, but I got some weird Lupin III from this. Awesome.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, so I'm tired of buying the cheap, disposable kinds of razors that you get at the 99 Cent Store. At best, they do the job pretty decently the first time around and after that they're practically useless (unsurprisingly, I guess).

So now I wanna upgrade to a real man's razor. What's some good suggestions (that aren't too expensive, of course ;) )?

Quick

Banned
Okay, so I'm tired of buying the cheap, disposable kinds of razors that you get at the 99 Cent Store. At best, they do the job pretty decently the first time around and after that they're practically useless (unsurprisingly, I guess).

So now I wanna upgrade to a real man's razor. What's some good suggestions (that aren't too expensive, of course ;) )?

Pick up a safety razor. Can't go wrong with most of the selection, since the design is similar or the same as one another. Then all you'd need to buy are disposable razors.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=safety+razor

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

Feather blades son. Wanna feel my face?

Well I was thinking of what kind of outerwear I should have and the best colours that would go with them got any suggestions? Like I was thinking of something that would look good with a brown or a dark messenger bag... And as for the casual wear I was thinking something with a more colourful(?) look to it since all I've been wearing are the same coloured like denim jeans everyday and like other pieces of clothing that's palette don't really look good together...

edit: Actually dark/not so bright colours are ideal rather than "colourful"

Quick

Banned
Well I was thinking of what kind of outerwear I should have and the best colours that would go with them got any suggestions? Like I was thinking of something that would look good with a brown or a dark messenger bag... And as for the casual wear I was thinking something with a more colourful(?) look to it since all I've been wearing are the same coloured like denim jeans everyday and like other pieces of clothing that's palette don't really look good together...

edit: Actually dark/not so bright colours are ideal rather than "colourful"

Can't go wrong with chinos in different shades or something.

I have a navy blue, which works with almost anything I wear, even at work. I have a pair in maroon, khaki brown, and a light blue as well.

For denim, I might have too much. lol

I have about five pairs of black jeans - two Levi's 501s that look a bit too big on me now, two 511s, and skinny AEO jeans that are stretchy.

I have three dark wash, one medium wash, and one grey.

Don't go insane on jeans like me, but it's nice to have a selection in different washes.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I wish we could beta test a Men's Fashion Line chat like Hip Hot Gaf does.

Think about it before you shut me down guys:

1. Daily updates on Illithid's crazy NYC buys, alcohol and drug trips.
2. Daily updates of Macuser's life as a fashionable dad.
3. Daily updates of Lucky doing things, I don't know what things but I bet they would be cool???
4. Illithid and Ninjaboi hating each other in a live chat.
5. Instant feedback on outfits?
6. Half of you are in drunk thread so drunk chats?
7. I just got a job at a cool fashion thing and could send you guys pics and maybe discounts.
8. Other things

NinjaBoiX

This is probably the worst outfit I've seen in this thread, just wow. As hideous and camp as that fur coat is at least it goes some way to covering up that tucked in v-neck sweater/flappy collared shirt combo you've got going on. At least wear a belt if you insist on tucking a sweater in.

(I know I've got a reputation as the thread troll but for reals, that outfit is a joke right? I'm honestly curious.)
I want to pick up one of these at Mildblend. Second is mildly offensive? Apparently they are produced there...
I really like them as a plain jacket but the embroidery is a bit garish. The black one is the best.

h3ro

This is probably the worst outfit I've seen in this thread, just wow. As hideous and camp as that fur coat is at least it goes some way to covering up that tucked in v-neck sweater/flappy collared shirt combo you've got going on. At least wear a belt if you insist on tucking a sweater in.

(I know I've got a reputation as the thread troll but for reals, that outfit is a joke right? I'm honestly curious.)

I really like them as a plain jacket but the embroidery is a bit garish. The black one is the best.
you're one of those 'brown shoes - brown belt' dudes right

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
i would try for a jacket without nazi imagery but that's just me
Is it just the skulls and their position? I honestly find the second piece confusing. I don't see specific nazi imagery but the bombs seem in bad taste.
Edit: I guess the skulls do look like SS skulls...weird..

the tux pants have no belt loops. you don't wear a belt with them, it's all clasps

So I'm going to go out with my sister and mom to buy clothes at Eaton today where do you guys think I should start looking? I haven't bought clothes in like the last 7 months and only recently started paying attention to fashion and trends so I'm not really knowledgable on this stuff...

Black denim trucker jacket (with white tee) over black jeans? Yes or no?

I feel like I've seen it pulled off well before, but when I'm looking in the mirror I can't decide if I like it or not.

MoodyFog

I feel like I've seen it pulled off well before, but when I'm looking in the mirror I can't decide if I like it or not.

It can work if it's not the exact same shade of black (I'd advise a lighter jacket than the jeans)

Kind of a random question, but as this thread is mostly made up of discriminating dudes with fine tastes- any ideas or suggestions for groomsman gifts?
dunno how much you want to blow but i'd say a cool utility-type thing in sterling silver, like a bottle opener or etc

absolutely. are you doing this with sneakers or shoes or what

Top Bottom