• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Ht4l5iW.jpg

3yvugK6.jpg
1AycX9A.gif

It was a good day.

Pinewood

Any suggestions on affordable sunglass brands? Don't want to splash 150-200€ on Ray-Bans and like, but looking for something that are an upgrade from cheap H&M sunglasses.

Re-posting on the new page.

It isn't easy to find a good pair of sweatpants that look great and fit right. I'll get there, but they're always too small so far. Used to wear size S or M, but now going to try some L. Going for some John Elliott and A.P.C.

Basically wearing this style now: Athletic wear mixed with some clean jackets and monotone sneakers.

Highly recommend Reigning Champ wear, never had a brand before where every single piece I get is amazing in fit, style, quality. Got shorts, sweaters, hoodies, and an awesome black varsity jacket. All made in Canada.
have you looked at vince? they sometimes crank out straightforward luxe-ish joggers in cotton, wool, linen etc.

I've also devolved into some sort of lazy athletiluxe haze. everything I wear lately is sneaker/stretchy pants/tshirt/bomber.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
have you looked at vince? they sometimes crank out straightforward luxe-ish joggers in cotton, wool, linen etc.

I've also devolved into some sort of lazy athletiluxe haze. everything I wear lately is sneaker/stretchy pants/tshirt/bomber.

Never heard of them, one of those joggers pairs look good. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone into Fear of God? Not my style in general, I don't wear rock/heavy-metal themed stuff and avoid plaid, but some pieces are really nice. The Sherpa hoodie is dope, also looks like they skinned the Snuggle teddy bear.

FoG ain't my bag really, too drapey with s hard edge. Same reason I don't wear Rick.

Vince is a good brand for filler items, and it's pretty easy to get the stuff discounted.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Oxn

What are some good jogger brands? That aren't drop crotch.

John Elliott, Y3, Moncler. They're expensive though. So many companies make them now anyway, just go and try some in store. Don't buy without trying them first.

I got two chino joggers from Zanerobe that are great, barely drop crotch. Those are like half the price from the above.

https://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/5a58...er-pant-green-product-0-379011405-normal.jpeg

There is no good reason to pay so much for jogger pants. Like you said so many companies make them now, and its not like its something difficult or hard to make or need premium fabric.

Too bad the company died, but i got these basic chino joggers from JonnyIV that are just amazing fitting.

There is no good reason to pay so much for jogger pants. Like you said so many companies make them now, and its not like its something difficult or hard to make or need premium fabric.

Too bad the company died, but i got these basic chino joggers from JonnyIV that are just amazing fitting.

Once you try suiting wool or silk joggers it's hard to go back.

http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/pr...006|nw:g|rnd:811008713285172243|dvc:t|adp:1o2

Lawd 😭🙌🏼

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

I found my baseline John Elliott sweats for 150us new on ebay. Never found any other sweats with that fit, nicely fitted/tapered below the knee.

Don't let a brand's prices in the way, try things on even if too expensive. Get to know the brands, the fits. Eventually you might come across a sale. Or not, but if you like something and it will last years it's worth paying extra.

Anyone have the futureworks from outlier? Just ordered a pair for summer since its supposed to be their lightest and most breathable.

http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/futureworks.html

I have 4 pairs, in different colors. One of them is a light blue so damn beautiful that I regret not buying 2 or 3 of them, cause I haven't see it available in that color again :(

From Outlier I have tried: 60/30 Chinos, Slim Dungarees, Futureworks, Nyco Slim (discontinued) and among them, yeah... Futureworks are by a noticeable margin the lightest.

The cut is very similar to the Slim Dungarees but with a slight wider leg opening (nothing radical).

I think they look awesome, elegant and modern at the same time. For some maybe it's not a big deal but I love the pockets placement. When you slip your hands into them, it just feel right (the angle, how deep they are, how soft they feel, everything).

The fabric, while not as elastic as the 60/30 Chinos, it's still fantastic. When you put them for the first time, do a squat and you'll see what I mean :)

I live in Chile (South America) and summer is over but I can confirm they are great for hot days, I haven't tried them now that it's more cold here (Autumn currently).

In short, I can't imagine you not loving them.

giga

I have 4 pairs, in different colors. One of them is a light blue so damn beautiful that I regret not buying 2 or 3 of them, cause I haven't see it available in that color again :(

From Outlier I have tried: 60/30 Chinos, Slim Dungarees, Futureworks, Nyco Slim (discontinued) and among them, yeah... Futureworks are by a noticeable margin the lightest.

The cut is very similar to the Slim Dungarees but with a slight wider leg opening (nothing radical).

I think they look awesome, elegant and modern at the same time. For some maybe it's not a big deal but I love the pockets placement. When you slip your hands into them, it just feel right (the angle, how deep they are, how soft they feel, everything).

The fabric, while not as elastic as the 60/30 Chinos, it's still fantastic. When you put them for the first time, do a squat and you'll see what I mean :)

I live in Chile (South America) and summer is over but I can confirm they are great for hot days, I haven't tried them now that it's more cold here (Autumn currently).

In short, I can't imagine you not loving them.
Dear god is it this blue? https://www.instagram.com/p/4QXV_jkyRd/

I got the navy, but wow I would cop that for summer too. Thanks for the feedback!

Dear god is it this blue? https://www.instagram.com/p/4QXV_jkyRd/

I got the navy, but wow I would cop that for summer too. Thanks for the feedback!

YES!!!!, that one.

It hurts just looking at it. The one I have... I treat it like if it's made of silk :p

EDIT: They had it available in grey too, it's one of the other colors that I bought and it's almost as beautiful as the light blue. Since it's gray I can combine them with anything.

Oxn

I bought this and I never DE shaved before. Am I already dead?

Lol at DE "pro" shavers thinking you need alot of experience to DE shave.

I went from never DE shaving to using what is considered the most aggressive shaver easily.

giga

my room already has a ton of white (in addition to the duvet), so i want some contrast. i have black hair too, which shows up pretty easily on white.

ordered grey!

Am I nuts for wanting these?
I mean they're not really garish but I wouldn't personally. I got brown boat shoes which are versatile as all hell in the summer but I can't bring myself to wear them anymore because every 15 year old white boy and their fathers wear them. It's petty I know, but that's just me.

Recently I picked up this jacket:

This tee

And these dope chambray pants

🙌🙌🙌

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Just picked up this suit, any suggestions on shirt and tie colours? I'm leaning towards white shirt and either a brown or really light yellow tie. I've got some dark brown brogues and belt.

Shirt tan, tie and pocket square salmon (actually no pocket square).

h3ro

I'm looking for a pair of chelsea boot myself, but not trying to break the bank ($100;$150), any recommendation?

Jack Erwin makes a fantastic and relatively affordable Chelsea. They are a bit outside your stated range at $220 but are great quality boots. I own the brown suede ones and am contemplating adding the black leather version for next fall. It isn't a goodyear welt though, but I prefer the toe profile you get from Blake construction anyway.

Jack Erwin Ellis Chelsea

Jack Erwin makes a fantastic and relatively affordable Chelsea. They are a bit outside your stated range at $220 but are great quality boots. I own the brown suede ones and am contemplating adding the black leather version for next fall. It isn't a goodyear welt though, but I prefer the toe profile you get from Blake construction anyway.

Jack Erwin Ellis Chelsea

thanks, gonna get the brown one

Breakage

Yo guys, what's the correct term for a style of trouser that becomes "narrower" towards the calfs and ankles for closer, fitted look?

I've got slim legs and I'm trying to find a smart pair of work wear trousers that fits the description above.
All the current pairs of trousers I have end up looking something like this (i.e. the same width is maintained all the way down):

It just doesn't work on a guy with slim legs.The wide opening of the trouser ends up covering my shoes/trainers.
Any ideas on what I should be looking for?
Thanks.

obin_gam

Yo guys, what's the correct term for a style of trouser that becomes "narrower" towards the calfs and ankles for closer, fitted look?

I've got slim legs and I'm trying to find a smart pair of work wear trousers that fits the description above.
All the current pairs of trousers I have end up looking something like this (i.e. the same width is maintained all the way down):

It just doesn't work on a guy with slim legs.The wide opening of the trouser ends up covering my shoes/trainers.
Thanks.

They are called "stretch". Should exists for all brands, just read on the tag.

Oxn

Thanks.
Like you i also have slim legs. So slim fitted pants are still kind of loose on me

What you need is either tapered fit which are kind of difficult to find and they usually cost more becuase only the fashionable brands make them or a variation of super slim, ultra slim, X-fit all meaning the same thing. It is slimmer than slim but not as slim as skinny fit. Or if you want just do skinny fit

Top Bottom