• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anth0ny

question: how much of a shit show is buying sunglasses off ebay?

I want some standard ray ban rb3026 L2846 aviator sunglasses and I'm looking at like $70 savings if I buy off ebay vs buying from my local sunglasses stores, but how can I tell if a pair is fake or not? does anyone know any reliable sellers?

question: how much of a shit show is buying sunglasses off ebay?

I want some standard ray ban rb3026 L2846 aviator sunglasses and I'm looking at like $70 savings if I buy off ebay vs buying from my local sunglasses stores, but how can I tell if a pair is fake or not? does anyone know any reliable sellers?

I've bought several pair of ray ban in the $70~ range on ebay and haven't been burned yet. Ebay has the best return policy ever anyways.

And I cuff all my chinos and jeans now. I thought it looked stupid at first, but it grows on you.

So Gustin messed up one of my jeans orders (well, the batch got fucked during production, apparently). They offered a discount and I needed boots for a wedding, so I picked their CXL Black Classic Boots.

They ended up taking $100 off for me and the boots arrived yesterday. I love them. For ~$160, I'm damned happy.
How long did it take your stuff to get made? Still waiting on my high tops and duffel to even go into production

fep

I don't like cuffing my jeans... always looks off IMO. I prefer a light stack.

I get my warm weather chinos 2" longer so I can roll them up without getting into capri territory. Cuff, one roll, and I'm good to go. No socks.

How long did it take your stuff to get made? Still waiting on my high tops and duffel to even go into production

When did you order/pay?

They take their sweet ass time, but luckily the boots were a Stock purchase, so I got them three days after ordering. Here are my last five non-Stock purchases:

Payment Processed 3/17
Order Shipped 5/03

Payment Processed 2/02
Order Shipped 4/10

Payment Processed 1/30
Order Shipped 4/26

Payment Processed 1/09
Order Shipped 4/28

Payment Processed 11/21
Order Shipped 1/25

However, I think they have lately had some kind of manufacturing issue. Two of my orders (waffle henley and baseball tee) were canceled, then refunded, and I was given $10 credit (each). A pair of jeans gone wrong is what led to my nice boots discount, too.

When did you order/pay?

They take their sweet ass time, but luckily the boots were a Stock purchase, so I got them three days after ordering. Here are my last five non-Stock purchases:

Payment Processed 3/17
Order Shipped 5/03

Payment Processed 2/02
Order Shipped 4/10

Payment Processed 1/30
Order Shipped 4/26

Payment Processed 1/09
Order Shipped 4/28

Payment Processed 11/21
Order Shipped 1/25

However, I think they have lately had some kind of manufacturing issue. Two of my orders (waffle henley and baseball tee) were canceled, then refunded, and I was given $10 credit (each). A pair of jeans gone wrong is what led to my nice boots discount, too.
3/2 and 3/3, so hopefully any day now?

Anth0ny

any time I seen someone rock the canadian tuxedo successfully, I'm posting it in here.

Today, Travis Scott:

13173631_100464626962x9kqa.jpg

Quick

Banned
I've been wearing a Canadian tuxedo since getting my denim jacket a month ago. Granted, all of my jeans aren't in the same shade as the jacket, so it's not just top to bottom the same kind of wash.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys what matches best with a maroon jacket with brown sleeves?
I was thinking of wearing black jeans, black & white NIKE SB STEFAN JANOSKI, and a plain black shirt.
Or a white v-neck with regular jeans and my dark brown chukka boots.

It would be easier to match if it didn't have different colored sleeves ;_;

I don't really like how this guy looks though

Pretty much as in the picture, his look is pretty good. Pale blue jeans would be fine (not dark ones). I don't see black looking good with this outfit. All white sneakers, or even better all white with gum soles. White t-shirt/shirt/sweater underneath.

So I'm going to be visiting the US for the first time in June, first LA (E3, yay) and then a west coast road trip, followed by NYC. I thought I'd venture into this (very intimidating) thread and ask for clothing advice. A friend's actually coming back from the US in a week, so I can order stuff on Amazon etc.

So folks, I assume LA in June will be quite warm? So I guess shorts/jeans and t-shirts/polo shirts should suffice? And since I'll probably be walking a fair bit, should also buy a comfortable pair of shoes. Any thoughts on what I should aim for? I'm very tall (6'5) and a medium build (a little on the slim side) if that helps. Thanks!

Anth0ny

Damn, can't believe I'm asking about something from a comic book movie. But does anyone know where I can get a nice blank rounded cap like this?

Just for when I have a lazy hair day.

don't feel bad, MCU characters dress swag as fuck.

cap's brown leather jacket is too nice.

So bought a lot of basic tees recently and I think I'll go with Uniqlo crews in XL. The XL is a little long but it fits pretty great otherwise. Should be a near perfect fit after wash and dry.

Fuck Everlane and their shitty ass app though.

Anth0ny

i think it's about time I invest in a $100 cap like those ones from gents

they're a staple in my wardrobe, time to level up from $10-$40 tier caps

I'm dangerously close to buying a pair of Common Projects. Can anyone give me any info on how well they age? I'm assuming they last pretty long given the premium leather, but I'm worried about just how noticeably they crease and get scuffed up.

I'm dangerously close to buying a pair of Common Projects. Can anyone give me any info on how well they age? I'm assuming they last pretty long given the premium leather, but I'm worried about just how noticeably they crease and get scuffed up.
what color? My white ones from a couple years ago are pretty scuffed, but they hold up well. And I haven't taken particularly good care of them so they could easily be better

I have a pair that's about 4 years old that I wore pretty much daily for 2 years straight and they're still living . I've also treated them like garbage during that time:

yYB1Qcw.jpg

But a little wipe off and they're gtg. They'd definitely have more life in them if I had been more judicial but #Yolo. Next pair will get a more gentle treatment. That may not seem remarkable but a similar treatment of say converse of vans would result in maybe 6 months before they're dead.

But the best thing about nice sneaks is that they just feel nice to wear. Pamper your tootsies brehs.

what color? My white ones from a couple years ago are pretty scuffed, but they hold up well. And I haven't taken particularly good care of them so they could easily be better

I'm looking at the white achilles. Thanks for the longetivity info, guys. Those high tops look pretty nice (at least what you can see underneath the dirt), but I really want lows for summer.

NinjaBoiX

i think it's about time I invest in a $100 cap like those ones from gents

they're a staple in my wardrobe, time to level up from $10-$40 tier caps
I was always dead against flat peak caps but I've acquiesced recently as it's all you seem to be able to get a hold of these days. Bought three recently:

j0BV5Nj.jpg

(Strictly £20-30 tier, obvs.)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
random note: legit lols from seeing Barneys' Givenchy window display with all that incredibly tacky screenprinted Jesus clothing. It's giving me great enjoyment walking past that on the way to work every day

Top Bottom