• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

fep

Docker's Athletic fit is roomier in the thigh vs their slim fit and tapers below the knee if you want something on a budget.

A tailor should be able to taper below the knee as well and it shouldn't cost a lot.

obin_gam

What do you guys think about these silk bomber jackets I'm seeing everywhere now? Yeah or nah?

Floral bombers is the shit!
04449355_display_506_613.jpg
And that Kung Fury limited one looks fantastic (super expensive though)

Those frank and oak look nice.

I love how they look, currently have 4, I think I'm just allergic to anything other people like in too high of numbers
I think almost all of my jackets are bombers lol; probably close to 7 or so... Yikes.

And I still want more 😫. I just need another summer one and a black leather number...

Those frank and oak look nice.

I think almost all of my jackets are bombers lol; probably close to 7 or so... Yikes.

And I still want more 😫. I just need another summer one and a black leather number...
I ordered a blackxblack ToJ one right before they went under :( still sore about that. I need a lighter colored jacket for "summer" in SF, something neutral or a pale blue or something

Who makes great basic tees?

I used to love the Banana Republic pima cotton tees before they fucked them up. They were really soft, sorta thick and had a relaxed fit. The stuff they replaced it with is super snug and thin. It sucks.

Where can I find similarly comfortable, quality and not snug basic tees?

Oxn

Who makes great basic tees?

I used to love the Banana Republic pima cotton tees before they fucked them up. They were really soft, sorta thick and had a relaxed fit. The stuff they replaced it with is super snug and thin. It sucks.

Where can I find similarly comfortable, quality and not snug basic tees?

Calvin Kleins. My favorite basic Tees.

Ofcourse I get the slim fit, but if you dont want that get the normal ones.

maybe you just need to size up and wash/dry.

everlane
uniqlo

Calvin Kleins. My favorite basic Tees.

Ofcourse I get the slim fit, but if you dont want that get the normal ones.

Thanks guys, I'll check out the CK and Everlane ones. I found the Uniqlo ones a little snug. Shirt was also too long when I went up a size. I havent tried washing / drying them but if the above two doesnt work out I might buy XLs for various brands and experiment out of desperation.

NinjaBoiX

That shop OPEN I mentioned a few months back made fantastic tees, really decent quality cotton and a beautiful fit. Great range of colours too. They were £6 a pop to boot, absolute steal.

They've closed down now though, gutted.

Also, talking about bombers, I bought a really nice one yesterday, kind of a wool blend, slim fit, olive green number with classy flap covered horizontal pockets. It's quite dressy for a bomber, I really like it.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Uniqlo shirts are a bit short for me, and I'm not super tall either. American Apparel fits basically perfectly for me, and Marine Layer makes great tshirts too

No, we need someone to wear those shorts in a photo and put that on a pair.

Why makes good slim vertical wallets? Linjer? My card wallet is getting a little jammed up and I don't want a full billfold.

Why makes good slim vertical wallets? Linjer? My card wallet is getting a little jammed up and I don't want a full billfold.
I have Bellroy that I'm pretty happy with. Leather feels a bit thin for how pricey it was but that that contributes to the slim-ness I guess

Breakage

Like you i also have slim legs. So slim fitted pants are still kind of loose on me

What you need is either tapered fit which are kind of difficult to find and they usually cost more becuase only the fashionable brands make them or a variation of super slim, ultra slim, X-fit all meaning the same thing. It is slimmer than slim but not as slim as skinny fit. Or if you want just do skinny fit

Yeah, same thing happens to me. I've tried skinny fit, but it's hard to find something that fits nicely. I don't want something that looks really tight.
Matters aren't helped when the definition of slim fit varies widely across different retailers (here in UK at least).
I think tapered fit is the term I'm looking for tho so I'll look into it - thanks man.

SourBear

Banned

You could try Chester Mox or Makr. Makr is kind of pricey and Chester Mox knocks off a lot of their stuff for cheaper. Haha.

I designed and commissioned a card holder wallet from Oak and Honey that can be seen in this picture that I really like. But it doesn't hold much. You could contact him and have him create something unique for you. He wasn't very expensive and I'm happy with the quality. Plus it is a one of a kind wallet that I got to design myself and it was neat seeing something I designed become a real thing.

Speaking of bomber jackets, I've been on the hunt for a nice one but for a cheap price. Finally found one by Gap for 20$ at a buffalo exchange. Even in the color I wanted too which is olive green. That thing is comfy.

I've been wanting a bomber forever and I tried the Alpha Industries one at an Urban Outfitters and it felt great too but I've been pretty frugal on my wardrobe lately so I just ordered one off Ali Express. I hate that stupid flight tag tho.

Doesn't the fact that it's just plain white sorta make a busier shirt pop more though? Like an accent sorta? Isn't juxtaposition (and balance) what makes fashion work? I fully button to the neck, no tie.
No I otherwise agree but that kind of shawl lapel and style signal a formality that I associate with simplicity, is all. I wouldn't fully button, though. Gotta be a little sleazy.

SourBear

Banned
So as some of you may remember I've been saving up for a leather jacket for awhile now. I posted last year looking for advice but decided to keep saving. Recently I've been eyeing some Rick Owens jackets and I'm looking for some advice / thoughts.

Specifically I'm looking at the Stooges and the Mollino models. I'm really liking the 'dark dust' grey in both models but I'm not certain if that is the sort of color that can go with anything. I like the color because it doesn't seem as 'biker' or loud as a black leather would be. I'm kind of torn between the two styles of jackets. I really like the buttons on the sleeves of the Mollino but not sold on the collar bit. Between the two jacket styles which one is more capable of being pulled off by an average joe such as myself?

Stooges (black)
Stooges (dark dust)
Mollino (black)
Mollino (dark dust)

So Gustin messed up one of my jeans orders (well, the batch got fucked during production, apparently). They offered a discount and I needed boots for a wedding, so I picked their CXL Black Classic Boots.

They ended up taking $100 off for me and the boots arrived yesterday. I love them. For ~$160, I'm damned happy.

Top Bottom