• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

well these are my white achilles lows, they're pretty beat imo. I might clean them up soon, I'll post another photo if and when I do

wDRpLpKl.jpg
Holy shit, they look ready for the bin. I couldn't wear trainers that scruffy personally.

This is the current condition of my trusty Adidas mid-cuts, third year of wear and still going strong:

weaET6E.jpg

Could do with a clean, I like 'em looking crisp.

NinjaBoiX

there is a certain charm to beat up sneakers

have to pair them with a proper outfit tho
Oh yeah, definitely. Converse All-Stars look good beat up. But I dunno, there is a fine line between artfully distressed and just kind of gross.

Funnily enough I just got rid of a pair of trainers today, four years had taken their toll, they were beyond redemption.

Oh yeah, definitely. Converse All-Stars look good beat up. But I dunno, there is a fine line between artfully distressed and just kind of gross.

Funnily enough I just got rid of a pair of trainers today, four years had taken their toll, they were beyond redemption.

agreed 100%

NinjaBoiX

Bought a new watch today, sixth for the collection and my first Seiko:

QwWH2f6.jpg

Will probably join rotation with my Nixon and Nautica as a semi-everyday wear. My white Adidas is my work watch (a bit beat up now), my red Diesel only works with certain outfits and my Raymond Weil is for special occasions only.

Anth0ny

white shoes get fucked up real easily, at least where I live. I can't even walk to the bank without them getting all marked with shit.

it's why I haven't invested in a pair of CPs yet. i'd probably be too scared to wear them outside lol. white converse are $60 canadian. fuck em up? just buy a new pair, no big deal.

giga

white shoes get fucked up real easily, at least where I live. I can't even walk to the bank without them getting all marked with shit.

it's why I haven't invested in a pair of CPs yet. i'd probably be too scared to wear them outside lol. white converse are $60 canadian. fuck em up? just buy a new pair, no big deal.
i knew canada was a third world country, but damn

also the best sneaker cleaner is jason markk: http://jasonmarkk.com

have both the cleaner and the quick wipes. absolutely amazing. nordstrom.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You guys and your dirty shoes.

Raff Simons got you covered. Just 400$ or whatever.

I like fashion, but sometimes it's a bit shameful what they come up with.

Pulled the trigger on the achilles in white. Shouldn't get too dirty with the weather here (I hope).

Probably be the last really nice thing I pick up for a little while.

giga

FYI huckberry has rivieras espadrilles on sale. As low as $60

p8Jv4JbNol_classic_6_original.jpg

The mesh ones aren't a deal though as Mr Porter has those regularly for $75.

jesalr

Been asked to be best man at my friends wedding. Theme is navy and gold, and he wants to wear a vest/waistcoat in navy with a gold tie.

Trying to convince him to wear a jacket too, but we'll see.

Any brands you guys think are suitably dressy for such a thing?

Think he wanted sub $800 all told

Pinewood

What is the consensus on faux leather jackets? I want something with the leather look, but dont want to spend over 100€...

Probably getting a bomber too, the ones I looked had navy and black, but black seems the more versatile version right?

I'd aim for some kind of waxed cotton but I've heard h&m does a pretty good fake leather number. That said there's nothing like thee real thing.

Re: color, both are good to go but if you wear street stuff, sneaks jeans and tees black is probably better. I personally opted for black pants and blue outerwear for my daily casual uniform.

What is the consensus on faux leather jackets? I want something with the leather look, but dont want to spend over 100€...

Probably getting a bomber too, the ones I looked had navy and black, but black seems the more versatile version right?
they can look alright, but in my experience they don't last. That's for a traditional leather finish, anyway, I have a sort-of-suede (and by that I mean not really close to suede I just don't know how to name it, it's just like matte and sort of textured) finished one that's doing very well

yeah I think that's it.

also these look better after baby wipes

h8DUXhsl.jpg

they'd look even better but I lost my spare set of laces :( anyone have any recommendations for good laces for CP's?

Looking good!

For comparison (after a few days of breaking in):

yQP48Kf.jpg

I've heard just giving the laces a hot wash cycle in a delicates bag gets them pretty clean.

Top Bottom