• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

FStop7

Banned
I just tried an FOG bomber on and the fit is perfect. I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be because then I'd just forget about it.

Getting married in 60 days. Wedding is full on lace dress, but I am going light dapperq for the wedding reception. Burgers and fries from a local food truck, ice cream and cookies instead of cake. Atmosphere is SUPER casual. Wanted some thoughts.

il_570xN.1045033921_w7p5.jpg

6103300250_6_1_1.jpg

closer look at shirt:

6103300250_2_6_1.jpg

Definitely going to roll the pants:
08621_RD6177

il_570xN.1032195217_anrh.jpg

h3ro

Getting married in 60 days. Wedding is full on lace dress, but I am going light dapperq for the wedding reception. Burgers and fries from a local food truck, ice cream and cookies instead of cake. Atmosphere is SUPER casual. Wanted some thoughts.

il_570xN.1045033921_w7p5.jpg

6103300250_6_1_1.jpg

closer look at shirt:

6103300250_2_6_1.jpg

Definitely going to roll the pants:
08621_RD6177

il_570xN.1032195217_anrh.jpg
That looks like a really fun outfit! I'd tweak a few things slightly though.

Since it's your wedding, I'd find a good tailor to add braces/suspender buttons on the inside of those pants. I know the braces you posted have metal clips but I feel like a proper buttoned fastening inside the waistband would be so much cleaner!

Also, regarding the bowtie, I'd opt for a proper bow tie rather than a pre-tied one. Also a leather tie (looks like it is in the pic, not sure) with matching braces with matching shoes might be a bit much. Maybe a bow to bring out that dope maroon/burgundy of the pants?

That looks like a really fun outfit! I'd tweak a few things slightly though.

Since it's your wedding, I'd find a good tailor to add braces/suspender buttons on the inside of those pants. I know the braces you posted have metal clips but I feel like a proper buttoned fastening inside the waistband would be so much cleaner!

Also, regarding the bowtie, I'd opt for a proper bow tie rather than a pre-tied one. Also a leather tie (looks like it is in the pic, not sure) with matching braces with matching shoes might be a bit much. Maybe a bow to bring out that dope maroon/burgundy of the pants?

Definitely taking the shirt and pants to a tailor. I want to avoid the semi cheap look of a metal clasp.

I ordered the bow tie suspenders set, but was very much so on the fence about the bow tie. It just seemed like overload.

What do you think of this one:

or

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There's such a heavy red and orange (caramel if you feelin' fancy) palate to your outfit. Seems to me that a little lightness and color variation would go a long way to break up the intensity.

Also, don't roll your trousers up, it's a ridiculous trend and looks terrible.

I like the outfit though!
I thought rolled pants were in? A nice way to show off the shoe and a little skin?

There's such a heavy red and orange (caramel if you feelin' fancy) palate to your outfit. Seems to me that a little lightness and color variation would go a long way to break up the intensity.
Our wedding colors are oxblood, grey and yellow. Maybe a grey gingham tie?

NinjaBoiX

It's definitely in but I think it looks stupid as hell.

I just wear what I like, if it's in fashion then cool. Fuck following trends.

giga

I don't like neat and tidy cuffs which are perfectly symmetrical but I'm all for the disheveled, DGAF rolls. #opinions

Also make sure your pants taper because it would look ridiculous on even straight fit cuts.

Y'all are the best. I don't have any dapper/well dressed peeps in my small circle and I kinda suck at dressing well. I appreciate you taking time out to guide me away from looking like a crap at my reception.

Also make sure your pants taper because it would look ridiculous on even straight fit cuts.

Pants taper at the bottom and I am going to take them to the tailor (add buttons for the suspender braces/make sure fit is perfect) along with the shirt. About the shirt, I have heard that putting darts in a men's shirt is a no no even if you are a woman. Is this true?

i kinda really like this one and it lightens the look quite a bit imo.

fep

I wish I found merino shirts sooner, I wouldn't have purchased so many inferior products.

Been wearing my Wool&Prince button down for the past week and it's amazing. No odor, very much wrinkle resistant/wrinkle repairing, feels great, looks great. Can't wait for more styles/colors in slim fit!

Now I got my eyes on the Outlier merino/co pivots. I have no idea if they are bringing back the Iron Stone color, but man I would pull the trigger on a medium one of these in a heart beat.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
New season for Reigning Champ out. Got another zip hoodie, sweater, and t-shirt in their new olive-brownish color way. I have some in every color.

Favorite brand out there with John Elliott. Checking daily for the pale gray varsity jacket to come online.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Jcrew have a silly variety of chinos in that bracket

After taxes and shipping to Sweden they are a bit above €100 a piece (Planned on ordering two, would end up at €246.90 after taxes/freight) , but it might be worth it.

Quick

Banned
Like $500CAD :(

FUUUUUUUCKKKK

Roots had a one-day 40% off sale on sweats a couple of days ago. I ended up with a hoodie, crewneck, and sweatpants at about $130. I thought that was a lot.

30% off sale is on right now though. Not gonna lie, I still want more, but I can't even think about wearing sweats with the weather in Toronto right now.

Zekes!

SS has some really nice jackets. That shiny green bomber with the dark inside is dope. The silky shirt too. I really like this green.

Like $500CAD :(

Yeah, it doesn't do much for me. I'm also not a huge fan of the oversized trend, especially for jackets. A t-shirt or sweater I could do, but not a jacket, unless it's a parka or something. I ain't got the frame for it.

There will be some good core stuff no doubt, but I'm feeling everything else less and less

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
FUUUUUUUCKKKK

Roots had a one-day 40% off sale on sweats a couple of days ago. I ended up with a hoodie, crewneck, and sweatpants at about $130. I thought that was a lot.

30% off sale is on right now though. Not gonna lie, I still want more, but I can't even think about wearing sweats with the weather in Toronto right now.

Sweats are pretty much for spring and fall. I've been wearing shorts all summer here. Too hot.

Yeah, it doesn't do much for me. I'm also not a huge fan of the oversized trend, especially for jackets. A t-shirt or sweater I could do, but not a jacket, unless it's a parka or something. I ain't got the frame for it.

There will be some good core stuff no doubt, but I'm feeling everything else less and less

I don't buy the oversized pieces, doesn't work for me either. But they still nail it to me:)

My top brand from which I actually wear a lot of is Reigning Champ. Waiting for this varsity jacket to come online https://shop.reigningchamp.com/collections/outerwear/products/fw16-tiger-fleece-varsity-jacket-white

Quick

Banned
Sweats are pretty much for spring and fall. I've been wearing shorts all summer here. Too hot.

Funny you should say that, it's been around the high-20s/low-30s here with varying levels of humidity, and I'm still seeing people rock sweats.

Saw a guy today go full Roots with sweatpants and a hoodie and it was pretty hot today.

Zekes!

I don't buy the oversized pieces, doesn't work for me either. But they still nail it to me:)

My top brand from which I actually wear a lot of is Reigning Champ. Waiting for this varsity jacket to come online https://shop.reigningchamp.com/collections/outerwear/products/fw16-tiger-fleece-varsity-jacket-white

Reigning Champ/Wings + Horns/John Elliott is like my daily outfit

I have too many RC hoodies. I gave an old one to my mom 'cause she loved it

Quick

Banned
^After stewing on it for an hour, I decided to buy a blue Sukajan jacket with a tiger design.

I really fucking hope I nailed the sizing. There was one left and I liked the design. I don't have a tape measure to size myself up exactly, but I basically compared it to the measurements on stores I've gotten jackets from.

Edit: got this one:

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's kinda rough trying to find a suit in my size that's also sub-$300. Fell hard for a discontinued skinny Topman suit in light blue 😍 at Nordstrom, but they only had the pants (28) in my size; jacket (34s) was listed as in stock but no one could find it. Can't get it online either. Ordered a pretty similar one from the Topman site for more money, but I didn't like the color as much - was more if a blue/grey - and this time the pants didn't fit right. I'm really stuck on this light blue color now, too, and there don't seem to be many around.

Might try one of Asos' suits even though the quality won't be great, at least they cater to really small dudes. I just need it for a single wear anyhow, hah.

Top Bottom