• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Need to find a jacket like this for this winter (not real fur though).

LdxtGl7.jpg

Really like this sweater too. No idea where it's from.

FStop7

Banned
LA's pop-up Kanye store was across the street from Supreme. Two big lines but the Kanye lane stretched around the block. Crazy how one person can summon huge crowds to pay $90 for bulk Gildan t-shirts.

Need suggestions for tie and color. Wearing a gray blazer, black pants and brown shoes. Not sure if I should wear a bright tie or a darker one. Leaning towards a navy or black tie. Thoughts?

No jeans for me either, except for when I need to go to the field (I'm not going to wear my beloved Outliers in a damn copper mine at 3200 meters above the sea level, in an environment where I need to deal with acid mist -_-).

f0rk

I don't know what to do with the 2 weeks of the year it's too hot for jeans

On a similar note, are suede chelseas a mistake in rainy Britain?

Quick

Banned
I don't know what to do with the 2 weeks of the year it's too hot for jeans

On a similar note, are suede chelseas a mistake in rainy Britain?

Suede in the rain? Better put some bags on that.

Keeping-dry-a-man-wraps-his-shoes-feet-in-plastic-bags-to-keep-his-feet-from-getting-wet-in-the-rain.jpg

But for real: I have a pair of suede desert boots that I've worn in snow and rain, and it still holds up. Some water damage where the sole meets the suede, but the shoes have worn enough to hide it.

$70 Sketchers (Mark Nason) brand shoes that has surprisingly been one of my more durable pairs of shoes.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Don't those products you spray on shoes work?

Need suggestions for tie and color. Wearing a gray blazer, black pants and brown shoes. Not sure if I should wear a bright tie or a darker one. Leaning towards a navy or black tie. Thoughts?

Not sure if brown shoes are fine with black pants. I always equated brown shoes with navy or gray suits. I have no idea though, don't listen to me.

I wouldn't go brown unless they are light tan. you can always try white. tho they get dirty with a quickness

blue pant but not that diff. assuming the jacket and shirt are light i'd keep it light up top too, or just skip the tie altogether. more chillax that way.

HiiiLife

Need help with how dark a brown I should go that's practical for different colored denims breh.

iipsrv.fcgi

iipsrv.fcgi

I'm partial to the first set but whichever brown is more versatile, feel free to pitch in.

h3ro

I only wear stretch jeans now. #squatbrehs

Bonobos Tailored fit <3

Also, stopped by Suit Supply and picked up a Traveller Havana jacket. Love this material! It's completely unlined as well, so great for the weather down here.

I only wear stretch jeans now. #squatbrehs

sweet, which ones are the stretchy ones? Looks like the traveler might be the ones I go for. Got them squat legs as well.

I don't do jeans anymore

I havent done jeans/denim in over 12 years.

No jeans for me either, except for when I need to go to the field (I'm not going to wear my beloved Outliers in a damn copper mine at 3200 meters above the sea level, in an environment where I need to deal with acid mist -_-).

I need my jeans but I been trying to wear more chinos/slacks/whatever you want to call them. Give some more variety in my outfits.

Quick

Banned
I need my jeans but I been trying to wear more chinos/slacks/whatever you want to call them. Give some more variety in my outfits.

Same. I do wear chinos at work though, so anytime I think about wearing it just to go out, I'm reminded of work and just pick out jeans, and I have a ton of jeans.

I do alternate jeans with a pair of olive pants that I had tapered slim/skinny. Quickly became one of my favourite pairs of pants. It used to have a straight leg cut that I really hated and I never wore it until I took it to get altered months after. I bought it on clearance at Joe Fresh for like $15 with the intent of altering it, but never got around to it until months after the purchase.

giga

Bonobos Tailored fit <3

Also, stopped by Suit Supply and picked up a Traveller Havana jacket. Love this material! It's completely unlined as well, so great for the weather down here.

Sweet, is it from their new fall line? Not too familiar with the traveler line, though i love the havana.

obin_gam

Went to buy some trousers and shirts yesterday and saw this suit in another store window:
cNRRHkH.jpg

The blazer is about $240 and the trousers are $110. They are kinda expensive and I need to save a bit of money, but I just can't get this suit out of my head! Should I just buy it and get it over with?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hey guys. So I'm going for my annual clothing shopping trip and I'd like to get some suggestions. I'm mainly getting shirts (all kinds) and pants. No shoes or hats or whatever. What should I get? (an no skinny jeans. Sorry, but I put my foot down on this!)

NinjaBoiX

Hey guys. So I'm going for my annual clothing shopping trip and I'd like to get some suggestions. I'm mainly getting shirts (all kinds) and pants. No shoes or hats or whatever.
You buy clothes once a year? You're doing it all wrong mane, clothes shopping shouldn't be an annual obligation, go out and but some new threads when you have some free time and money in your pocket. Enjoy the experience.

A couple of random purchases a month is far better than one bulk buy a year.

It shouldn't be a task.
What should I get? (an no skinny jeans. Sorry, but I put my foot down on this!)
Good man.

Fucking skinny jeans, such a cheesy fad that people will look back on with embarrassment.

Don't get me started on the fake rips, so lame.

Anth0ny

shocking news: if you're skinny, you can rock skinny jeans

from my experience, if you have big legs (whether you do a ton of squats or you're average/overweight) you're gonna look preeeeeeeetty dumb in them

Oxn

shocking news: if you're skinny, you can rock skinny jeans

from my experience, if you have big legs (whether you do a ton of squats or you're average/overweight) you're gonna look preeeeeeeetty dumb in them

Yup, when i see thick kids, and i see a lot of it, wearing skinny jeans, it looks like sausages, busting out of the seems.

Top Bottom