• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

giga

speaking of ball huggers, uniqlo heattech tights were some of the most comfortable things my legs and butt have ever felt. can't recommend enough for winter and if you have lady/man friends who want a good view.

NinjaBoiX

And this "fad" has been going on for decades lol
I mean "fad" as in the ubiquitous nature of the trend, just about everyone wears them these days, as if they're standard issue.
Post a fit pic of your jeans. I would like to see what you prefer as an alternative to skinny jeans .
Case in point, anything other than the uniform being described as "alternative".

I dunno man, just normal jeans. Not baggy, not skin tight, just jeans.

I'm short and stocky, I couldn't pull skinny jeans off even if I wanted to.

giga

Not everyone else is short and stocky. If skinny jeans work for other people with different body types, then I see no problem with recommending them. No need to denigrate it as cheesy and embarrassing.

Quick

Banned
Didn't know where else to ask this. I have a date tonight and I got some cologne. Where do you guys typically apply it?

One spray on your wrists, then dab on the sides of your neck.

I have a pretty strong cologne for the evening, so I only spray on one wrist, dab on the other, then on the sides of my neck.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
One spray on your wrists, then dab on the sides of your neck.

I have a pretty strong cologne for the evening, so I only spray on one wrist, dab on the other, then on the sides of my neck.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I bought Cool Water, which a lot of sites seemed to recommend.

Quick

Banned
Thanks, I appreciate it. I bought Cool Water, which a lot of sites seemed to recommend.

I have a sample set of Atelier cologne for day-to-day use (they're all citrus scents), and Yves Saint Laurent for any evening events and for fall/winter.

I'm looking to get another cologne, but I'm really picky. I'm not in any rush though. lol

giga

It's in the same category as acqua di gio. Go with something else if you don't want to smell like most other dudes.

fep

Outlier WTF packs in stock, get 'em while they're hot! They still have bottoms in most sizes left as of right now.

*edit* Tops are gone, that was quick. Bottoms are going fast too.

giga

Outlier WTF packs in stock, get 'em while they're hot! They still have bottoms in most sizes left as of right now.

Got a bottom. That was crazy. Did they not even announce it on social media? WTF

It was impossible to order them through phone.

I couldn't update the amount of TOP packs correctly. Tried to add "3", which made the amount 31. I tried to update it, but I get the error message "maximum 3". I was trying to buy 3 packs. Darn 3D Touch couldn't help put the cursor behind "1".

fep

It was hidden in their weekly stock report on reddit. You had to click and read it to see.

I recently bought a Merino/Co Pivot off Ebay that was from a WTF pack. Had a barely noticeable fabric run on the back of the right shoulder so I'm hopeful for something decent!

0OoO0

So I just found the all black leather chucks at 50% off. Problem is my size has sold out. But they do have the next size down. Is it still worth getting? There is a small chance they might still fit, or I can use shoe trees to stretch them out. Should I go ahead and purchase them?

entremet

Skinny jeans can look good depending on your body type.

I have squatter's thighs and I would look absolutely ridiculous if I wore them.

I prefer slim fits for jeans. Regular fits remind me of dad jeans these days.

So I just found the all black leather chucks at 50% off. Problem is my size has sold out. But they do have the next size down. Is it still worth getting? There is a small chance they might still fit, or I can use shoe trees to stretch them out. Should I go ahead and purchase them?
Nah get your normal size. What size are you anyway

SeanR1221

I joined team skinny jean last year and I'll never look back. I really like the ultra stretch ones from uniqlo. I have a larger butt and thighs from squats but these stretch just fine and it's way better than baggy jeans. Just got a new pair the other day and wore them last night.

You look great, Sean, but I'd say those are Slim fit, not Skinny fit.

Skinny are really tight, almost like a second ehh... skin :p

PS: That shirt kicks ass, I'm loving the color and pattern :)

SeanR1221

Skinny are really tight, almost like a second ehh... skin :p

PS: That shirt kicks ass, I'm loving the color and pattern :)
Thank you sir.

The tag says skinny, but I'd assume not all skinny jeans are created equally!

And yeah I love that shirt. Only 9.90 on the clearance rack!

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I wear slim fit jeans, they can look great with the right outfit.

It's skinny fit that I was talking about, the ones that literally look like someone painted your legs.

Hot on a girl, plain ridiculous on a dude.

IMO, obvs.

frontovik

Banned
I've been thinking about buying a coat for formal occasions. My tastes have always been on the conservative and formal side, but was never inclined to spend too much on formal wear.

Currently, I've been looking up resource guides on coats, and I want to focus on either a peacoat, trench coat, or overcoat. It's my understanding that peacoats are suitable for most occasions, trench coats are ideally worn during rainy weather, and and overcoats should only be worn with suits. Clarification would be appreciated.

Aside from budget, my main concern is that I should look well dressed and proper, rather than out of place or "too formal". I'm planning for a trip to Europe soon as well, so I'd prefer to look well.

I've been thinking about buying a coat for formal occasions. My tastes have always been on the conservative and formal side, but was never inclined to spend too much on formal wear.

Currently, I've been looking up resource guides on coats, and I want to focus on either a peacoat, trench coat, or overcoat. It's my understanding that peacoats are suitable for most occasions, trench coats are ideally worn during rainy weather, and and overcoats should only be worn with suits. Clarification would be appreciated.

Aside from budget, my main concern is that I should look well dressed and proper, rather than out of place or "too formal". I'm planning for a trip to Europe soon as well, so I'd prefer to look well.

Go with the overcoat. I wear mine with jeans. Just make sure you don't go with black. I find a little bit of colour always makes it easier to get away with.

InfernoNR

Any other sites out there like JackThreads? I'm not as impressed with JT as much as I used to be a few years ago, but still visit there once in a while. Looking for something to browse along side of it, or to replace it.

If you don't want to look too formal, then a peacoat is your safest bet. Personally, I love them.

BowieZ

Banned
I need some urgent fashion advice. I'd rather not post a pic of myself, but I'm 6'1, 31y, and am really skinny.

But I've lost a ton of weight from playing Pokemon GO lol. I need some new jeans and a pair or two of comfortable but stylish shoes/boots to match (I'll probably put gel in-soles into them for all the walking). I'm aiming for smart casual style. I wanna be able to walk around the suburbs not looking like a fool, but smart enough for the city and can be dressed up with a nice shirt and jumper or whatever.

(I have lots of white shoes/Dunlops etc and other preppy clothes from my younger days so I want something befitting maturity but I don't know that I can carry off the super sexy muscled Italian looks of shiny tan loafers with crisp folded up jeans.)

I have a terrible habit of hating clothes I buy almost immediately or within a week.

Browsing local stores online, these jumped out at me (all their color variants look good, brown, dark brown or black). What do you think, and what color/style jeans would go well?

https://www.mathers.com.au/DEAN-Coffee-302968.aspx

https://www.mathers.com.au/TRENCH-Dark-Brown-303245.aspx

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/64817/relaxed-fit-palen-bower/brn

121213694_BRN383_1_large_mathers.jpg

121213694_BRN177_1_large_mathers.jpg

121215745_BRN180_1_large_mathers.jpg

121215745_BRN205_1_large_mathers.jpg

Good looking out. First time trying this so hoping for the best haha.

So these just came in today.

What a waste for me. Pants are too tight and I have no idea if they are suppose to be some sort of capris but they are stupid short. Gonna thrown them up on ebay.

Top Bottom