• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

MegalonJJ

Banned
The new Prorsum collection that was shown yesterday is excellent. Where's Alucrid and Mac to acknowledge the awesome?

Bespoke tailoring still rules.

Hello FashionGaf!

Now, I may be starting a new job soon (waiting to hear back from a few companies) and part of my ritual when I get a job is to buy myself a brand new suit! It's been a while and my Ted Baker suit is getting a bit tight but - as the suit has served me well - my inclination was to buy another Ted Baker piece. That being said, I thought that you guys would have some info on some lesser-known premium brands that I could have a look at. I don't want to climb to Gieves & Hawkes prices but can spend a few hundred (a range would be nice). Also, looking for something stylish as they're all pretty chilled environments but you still need to dress nicely. So long as it ships/is in the UK, I'm golden.

I'd be really greatful if someone could help me out, buying a new suit is probably one of my favourite things to do.

Yeah, mac is the expert when it comes to suits (I never need to wear one).

Please, so mod unban him so he can answer then you can ban him again :D

Damerman

0706346800_2_2_1.jpg

Can anyone comment on the quality of the faux leather jackets from zara?

MegalonJJ

Banned
mac user is banned and i have restricted myself to wearing only walmart clothing for the remainder of the year

Walmart? Are you rocking an El Derelicte look?

And Mac banned...this is what happens when one does not commission a 3 piece bespoke suit in a French navy wool flannel. The mind and body needs these things.

Fellow gaffers with big thighs, Outlier just released a relaxed and tapered version of the Futureworks, a wonderful item that looks great in both casual and more formal situations:

101-outlier-futuretapers-lead-sub.jpg

104-Outlier-Futuretapers-tapered.jpg

NinjaBoiX

So guys, what's your take on how tight/loose to wear a watch?

I'm really into watching The Urban Gentry on YouTube at the moment and he clearly knows his stuff, but one thing I always notice is that he wears his watches so loose! They always seem to rattle and roll around his wrist, it looks really daft to me like you can't be bothered to take a link out.

I always wear mine fairly tight, not so they nip the skin or make you sweat underneath but certainly not so loose that they swing around like it's not even your watch.

I dunno, I think that looks really cheap to me.

I don't like when the watch it's too snug, so... since I wear watches with metallic bracelets, I adjust them so they can move freely side to side a little bit. Basically, if I'm able to slide my pinky finger between the wrist and the bracelet, I'm ok.

acohrs

Fellow gaffers with big thighs, Outlier just released a relaxed and tapered version of the Futureworks, a wonderful item that looks great in both casual and more formal situations

Any big thigh gaffers out there, get yourself some nike TK trousers. Your thighs will say thank you for such tapered comfort

NinjaBoiX

I don't like when the watch it's too snug, so... since I wear watches with metallic bracelets, I adjust them so they can move freely side to side a little bit. Basically, if I'm able to slide my pinky finger between the wrist and the bracelet, I'm ok.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I wear mine, maybe a bit tighter. If it's left an imprint on your skin it's too tight but he literally has his flopping around his wrist, you'd actually have to pull it round to the front of your wrist to be able to check the time.

It just seems weird for such a watch connoisseur to wear them so badly, it looks ridiculous like he lost 10 stone and never got it resized.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Anyone here ship internationally on grailed?
Been thinking of selling some stuff but I'm completly lost when it comes to international shipping and knowing what it will cost before I know where on the continents the buyer are.

Also don't know which carrier I should go with for tracking+insurance.

Agraavan

Hey, gaf, is this combination ok? I ask because the blazer and the trouser don't match, being the first black and the second a dark navy blue/greyish.

I know they don't have to match necessarily, but are they too similar to look like I didn't notice they weren't a pair?

hello gents, cool thread.

I dropped for 4 Iron Heart work shirts in the past two weeks. Trying to be about that life.

still haven't pulled the trigger on Japanese denim, however. Still rock my army of 501 STFs. Outgrew my LVC pair.

Red Wing rules.

will check in here often. Peace.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
hello gents, cool thread.

I dropped for 4 Iron Heart work shirts in the past two weeks. Trying to be about that life.

still haven't pulled the trigger on Japanese denim, however. Still rock my army of 501 STFs. Outgrew my LVC pair.

Red Wing rules.

will check in here often. Peace.

Momotaro tight taper for life.

Pure blue is neat too.

Momotaro tight taper for life.

Pure blue is neat too.

do you shop at Blue in Green? (j/w) Kind of a Self Edge guy myself as I'm local to their SF store. Was actually there this Saturday to make an exchange but I didn't have time to try any denim.

I'm pretty down with tapered looks however I consider myself "stubby" and I prefer a looser, non-slim jean with heavy stacking. Just my style preference. I usually just tuck into my boots but I've considered getting some tapers done to my 501s lately.

do you shop at Blue in Green? (j/w) Kind of a Self Edge guy myself as I'm local to their SF store. Was actually there this Saturday to make an exchange but I didn't have time to try any denim.

I'm pretty down with tapered looks however I consider myself "stubby" and I prefer a looser, non-slim jean with heavy stacking. Just my style preference. I usually just tuck into my boots but I've considered getting some tapers done to my 501s lately.
Horse Detective sells raw denim for a living

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

I style people 9 hours a day.

Nudie's brute knut, Rogue Territories Stanton, Raleighs Martin, and possiby sugar cane would be my starting point with you.

the Gap x GQ collection dropped today.

i kinda feel like a rube copping down-market collabs like this but i did grab the steven alan topcoat cuz i really need a new one. the bastian cardigan looks really fun.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Having a hard time deciding if I'll be picking up a viridi-anne coat and a pair of viridi-anne pants on grailed.

Also ended up ordering the meermin suede chelsea boots today and I picked up a pair of white trainers from Y's off of grailed.

sfedai0

Banned
Any suggestions on what to wear to a beach wedding? Not actually on the beach, but its gonna be hot so prob no need for a jacket. Maybe a vest? Any other places to look besides Suit Supply?

Top Bottom