• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Hero

Bruhs, so I've always had fairly big thighs from playing soccer and rowing and could never really find jeans that fit. I was always lazy (and cheap) and went with the typical Target relaxed fit wranglers, but I was asked why I always wear baggy jeans and realized they really did look overly baggy. I researched and bought some Levi 541s...

200_s.gif

What have I been doing all these years? They fit sooo well. I can actually get my proper waist size without having to get relaxed! Well worth the price, which is actually pretty reasonable

Yo, thank you for this post. I went and tried some 541's after reading your post and I am in love with them, they're so damn comfortable compared to normal jeans. Not sure how I never knew about this. Gotta get a bunch now. They ever go on sale?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Bought a coat with 54cm sleeves, let's see how that is going to look(I have short arms but it's still like 2-3cm shorter than ideal)

Those LL Bean Duckboots... are they cool or just like some hipster shit that's popular at the moment. Due to the hurricane my boots got wet af and now I'm thinking of buying these duck boots.

if i'm looking for boots for a hurricane i probably don't care about looking like a hipster

they're both cool and practical if you live in wet places

wtf, my bean boots kept my foot dry last year ....awesome dopes.....

I mean I live in Florida and it rains way too much to be called the Sunshine state. I'm just wondering how warm these shoes are. Kinda just looking for a hiking/rainboot that can also be worn casually

NinjaBoiX

But for reals, if that's a real garment, like not a joke, then he's a fucking chancer, wow.

Looks like something a German tourist from the 80's would wear.

Zekes!

I get oversized but where's the practicality?

also Roden Gray is slipping with their models

dude looks like the literal definition of a 'dweeb'

Putzweg

I like Supremes art direction and overall shtick but man are all their fans intolerable, awkward and quite dense?

Watching among others, a Complex video from the NYC drop in february. People just seem to have a general shitty attitude or is that just the resellers or loud-mouths? The same seems to apply to other Supreme vids on youtube too.

Maybe its just a general thing though. Hype-beats in general try to be cool and come with one-liners and "i dont give a F"-attitude that mostly just falls flat and creates awkwardness. Or just make them look pretty damn stupid.

FStop7

Banned
Supreme's FW16 drop coincided with a Life of Pablo pop up shop opening across the street from Supreme's LA store. I went over there and walked around for a while, kind of observing and taking it in. The crowds skewed very young, especially people in the TLoP line. Like early high school young, not even college age. So it's worth keeping that in mind when interacting with the vocal fans.

The biggest thing that stood out was the size of the lines, though. 5+ hours of waiting, both lines wrapping around the block in opposite directions. No lie, it's very impressive to see how a person or a brand can drop a word on social media and hundreds and hundreds of people come running.

Oh and the line at the Supreme LA store looked far more organized and calm than that mess in the Complex video.

Ray Ban Wayfarers, 50mm vs 54mm? What size do/would you guys wear?

I got 50s last week and while my sister thinks they're too small on me, I think they look better than large for my size (5'8 and stubby). I just think the oversized look is better on girls. Anyone who can chime in, please do. For the record, I'm happy with my choice. I was just wondering what you guys take.

M52B28

Banned
Hey, I think it may be my first post in this thread.

I just bought some heavy duty hiking/winter clothing from a company called Outdoor Research.

I work for an outdoors company, so I got 65% off MSRP.

Here's what I bought:

Outdoor Research Sherman Jacket
3230138-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

244833_1082.jpg

Though it is fall / winter, I bought these sandals/shoes.

SMF10668-CHRC_2.jpg

I have these sunglasses that look exceptional on me as well: Oakley Latch w/ Prism Lenses

6_rollover.jpg

So, paired with some nice Levi or Gap jeans I have and the sunglasses, do I have a good casual look going? I usually wear comfy and warm wooly socks with the Sanuk sandals. I got tired of wearing clothes that looked like I was ascending the Himalayas.

Tell me what you all think.

(Also, I live in the Bay Area, so it's cool/cold at night and mild during the day)

This post may be a bit much, but I have another question.

I'm a big and broad shouldered guy, was it wise for me to order the jacket a size down? I bought it a size down because I like my jackets to run a bit fitted, but I'm not sure. I tried their other large jackets and they fit okay.

Ray Ban Wayfarers, 50mm vs 54mm? What size do/would you guys wear?

I got 50s last week and while my sister thinks they're too small on me, I think they look better than large for my size (5'8 and stubby). I just think the oversized look is better on girls. Anyone who can chime in, please do. For the record, I'm happy with my choice. I was just wondering what you guys take.

50 mm for me too. I'm a skinny guy and my head is oval. I think that size suits me perfectly :D

Oversized eyeglasses look bad in men and in women too when it's too excessive.

LuuKyK

So I just moved to Europe a month ago and something I noticed here is that pretty much every guy in the street is using these knee ripped jeans, like wtf? Where was I all this time that this is now trending? lol

What do you guys think about it? I ask because it really wasn't that common in Brazil at all, so I am feeling a bit alien here. lol Personally I think it looks cool depending on your style.

What is everyone's opinion on Dr Martens boots? For some reason I only see girls wearing these and I can't figure out why because the shoes are unisex. This is not a huge factor in my final decision but I feel like I didn't get the memo.

What is everyone's opinion on Dr Martens boots? For some reason I only see girls wearing these and I can't figure out why because the shoes are unisex. This is not a huge factor in my final decision but I feel like I didn't get the memo.
I like the ones with not chunky soles like this:

14524001.jpg

So I just moved to Europe a month ago and something I noticed here is that pretty much every guy in the street is using these knee ripped jeans, like wtf? Where was I all this time that this is now trending? lol

What do you guys think about it? I ask because it really wasn't that common in Brazil at all, so I am feeling a bit alien here. lol Personally I think it looks cool depending on your style.
A bit of weathering/vintage washing is coo but going while hog and ripping shit up is whack to me. Ymmv.

NinjaBoiX

A bit of weathering/vintage washing is coo but going while hog and ripping shit up is whack to me. Ymmv.
Nailed it.

Genuine wear and tear will always look cool (up to a point) but manufactured aging is such a lame affectation, I hate it.

Those jeans with equal length cuts at exact intervals up each leg, just, what's the point?

Top Bottom