• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Zekes!

What is everyone's opinion on Dr Martens boots? For some reason I only see girls wearing these and I can't figure out why because the shoes are unisex. This is not a huge factor in my final decision but I feel like I didn't get the memo.

I've thought about getting a pair on many occasions. I would say I mostly see girls wearing Docs as well, but I think it's more to do with the difference in trends between genders. I've seen dudes who are more into an alternative / punk look rocking Docs frequently though.

Alucrid

Banned
here's a picture to celebrate macuser's early parole

p10108001pqsb.jpg

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So as I should have expected the coat were to small, well time to sell it and lose quite some money on the endevour.
Worst part is my plan B coat purchase just got sold today so can't pick it up so now I'm hunting once again and it's getting more chilly outside.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
here's a picture to celebrate macuser's early parole

Nice. What are those pants? That kind of cuff is perfect IMO, got two Zanerobe chinos like that and they are some of the best pants I ever had. Difficult to go back to the usual pant cut unless I do a pin roll cuff. IMO pants look better if tappered at the bottom now, otherwise it bunches up on your shoes.

Alucrid

Banned
Those trousers are sick, so my stamp.

thanks breh

Nice. What are those pants? That kind of cuff is perfect IMO, got two Zanerobe chinos like that and they are some of the best pants I ever had. Difficult to go back to the usual pant cut unless I do a pin roll cuff. IMO pants look better if tappered at the bottom now, otherwise it bunches up on your shoes.

robert geller raphael flight pants

jwk94

Fashion, GAF I need your help. I need to get some new shoes. I'm looking for ones that look good with damn near everything and another that are good for casual, nice occasions. My budget is $80 USD

giga

on the topic of casual kicks, anything outside vans for a white slip-on? i know CP makes one but i'm not looking to spend $400 on something for casual wear. seavees?

robox

on the topic of casual kicks, anything outside vans for a white slip-on? i know CP makes one but i'm not looking to spend $400 on something for casual wear. seavees?

chuck II have elastic on the tongue so you can run them laceless

acohrs

Fashion, GAF I need your help. I need to get some new shoes. I'm looking for ones that look good with damn near everything and another that are good for casual, nice occasions. My budget is $80 USD

Adidas superstar/gazelle/Stan Smith. Can't go wrong!

Anyone in the UK know where I can get a green bomber jacket with black trim? Saw a couples dudes wearing them today and they look better than the plain green one I'm wearing, but I can't find them anywhere online.

Zekes!

Just got this coat from the Gap's website:

I tried it on in stores and it fits me really well. I've been eyeing up more expensive camel coloured wool coats, but I stumbled onto this when I was bumming around the store yesterday, and the website always has some kind of promo going on, so I snagged it for 40% off. Can't really afford a $400+ wool coat at the moment, so I figure this is good enough.

Lotto

Anyone here own Greats shoes? Need some feedback.

I do. I just needed some cheap moderate hiking/light jogging shoes I could beat up and picked up a pair of the Rosen's in nimbus grey. They're whatever/meh quality, probably wouldn't buy from them again honestly, but then again they're the cheapest shoes the have on their site I think.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today I went to Nordstrom to try on some The North Face light jackets and the sleeves were too long on all of them... do they do this on purpose?
Any recommendations on a black or dark grey light jacket to wear to/at the office? (I'm a programmer and sometimes it gets a little chilly inside) I already have a leather jacket for heavy-duty coldness and just want to replace my aging hoody for chilly but not COLD weather. No more than let's say $200 max.

Grakl

Uniqlo U (Lemaire collab) surprisingly good, got a mock neck sweater and it's real nice, go up one size

Check John Elliott boucle sweater, but it's expensive.

https://www.johnelliott.co/collections/all/products/boucle-crew-grey-melange

Might be difficult to find, it all goes out of stock quickly.

Margiela "Long Gauge" textured sweater

Represent Clo "Yohan" sweater

Both are from last year's collection so you may need to hunt them down on Grailed, eBay, FB groups etc

Thanks yall, I like that margiela one

hadn't heard of Stan Ray before yesterday, just added this number to my collection along with two other shop overshirts by them. One of them is a deadstock indigo four-pocket work shirt bought directly from their eBay store and the other is a new chambray work shirt. Work wear is the best. I was actually going to pull the trigger on the black and olive four-pocket shirts too but I noticed they don't button all the way up to the neck, with the highest button being a little farther down than typical shirts.

I've kinda been going full retard in spending lately. I also have Red Wing 9075s and 8137s coming in. That's the life. I have also come to terms with the fact that every shoe I buy will be narrow at first. I bit for two boot stretchers earlier this week and I can't wait to go to town with them.

what do you do with tshirts that start fitting like tents after a little? like they flare out when they didn't used to. hoping they're not just forfeit

NinjaBoiX

How do people prevent shirts from bunching up around the waist when they're tucked in?
Tuck it in, lift your arms up a little to give some slack then straighten out the material from the front (pull round either side from the buttons, any lateral bunching should be at the back).

I usually aim to have a very slight overhang, just enough so you don't feel restricted reaching up or whatever.

what do you do with tshirts that start fitting like tents after a little? like they flare out when they didn't used to. hoping they're not just forfeit
Don't hang them on a washing line, pegging them at the corners and allowing them to swing in the breeze exacerbates the problem.

Use a clothes horse and dry them indoors, try to keep the weight fairly evenly distributed across the bars.

giga

i take really good care of my tees but they all warp in one way or another after some time regardless. cut em up and make them into shoe polishing rags.

Tuck it in, lift your arms up a little to give some slack then straighten out the material from the front (pull round either side from the buttons, any lateral bunching should be at the back).

I usually aim to have a very slight overhang, just enough so you don't feel restricted reaching up or whatever.

Don't hang them on a washing line, pegging them at the corners and allowing them to swing in the breeze exacerbates the problem.

Use a clothes horse and dry them indoors, try to keep the weight fairly evenly distributed across the bars.
I don't hang wash anything, I use a dryer

Hey fashion gaf!

I got this jacket last week while on sale. I have this weird notion that you have to wear this jacket like in the photo. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy. What say you? Can I wear this with sneaks and be fine or do I have to wear it with a decent pair of boots/shoes

On mobile so my apologies for not including an actual photo

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hey fashion gaf!

I got this jacket last week while on sale. I have this weird notion that you have to wear this jacket like in the photo. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy. What say you? Can I wear this with sneaks and be fine or do I have to wear it with a decent pair of boots/shoes

On mobile so my apologies for not including an actual photo

If you're going to wear shirts and jeans like the guy in the photo, your girlfriend is right. Otherwise it depends what you wear with it, but I see it as that.

Edit: This can be worn with sneakers. You could wear yours similarly, just DON'T wear it with blue jeans if you'll wear sneakers. He's wearing white jeans, but black would be fine. Would look fine with gray sweats/joggers too.
Edit2: Another example here. Even if the jacket's styles are different from yours, same difference.
Edit3: More

Don't wear some sneakers like those we see in the sneaker GAF thread though! Wear clean sneakers. That's what Adonis Bosso is doing in those pics and that's what works.

Perfect thanks for the advice. Most of my sneakers are Jays or some pair of Dunks in not so simple color ways, which is probably why I'm so against it. A clean simple pair should do nicely.

Thanks

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Looking to get more into a looser silhouette but it will take some damn time to adjust my wardrobe for it.

Also CDG and Yohji is far from cheap ;-;

Top Bottom