• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

giga

low key brooks brothers has really cool stuff. full camel hair coat for sub 2k with loro piano fabric, can't hate on that.
The quality is def there but my body just does not fit their stuff well. Even their slimmest cuts make me look older than I want to look. But I go ham on their accessories and shoes.

Because it's officially beanie season (in NYC at least), any recommendations?
IMO Target's Merona beanies are perfect and they're like $5. Otherwise I have one I love from Oliver Spencer

I dunno, dryers tend to shrink and prematurely age clothes as well as being expensive to run, stopped using them years ago.
I'll look into getting one of those drying horse things you mentioned then

Zaph

ukgaf - all men's cashmere sweaters at uniqlo (crew and v) on sale for £69. stock up

qVy37WZ.jpg

Zaph

are they actually a good deal? usually wouldn't buy $50+ uniqlo stuff (unless collab) but maybe I'm off base

The quality is great for the price. A little bit on the thin side compared to my other sweaters, but they're also not £300, so can't complain.

acohrs

ukgaf - all men's cashmere sweaters at uniqlo (crew and v) on sale for £69. stock up

The best cashmere jumpers I have are from Jaeger. At Kildare Village, an outlet outside of Dublin, can get the cashmere jumpers for 50 to 80 euro. They're very thick cashmere jumpers too, amazing quality.

Everlane. Cashmere costs have been falling and they actually lowered their prices as a result.

So my jumper arrived today.

Thanks for the recommendation, it's great. Really impressed how nice it is for $100.

Going to order a couple more.

Edit - Haha, just seen the above posts. Everlane are shipping internationally for a month from Nov 1. I don't know how much they will price these jumpers at but even if they're at a 1:1, I will be buying a few. I considered the Uniqlo ones but this one from Everlane is far far superior.

Lotto

kinda miffed about these white-blue low tops from gustin. waited about 8 months to get these shoes and they didn't even have the right heel tab color, ended up being black instead of the steel blue color they have on their site. oh well, they gave me a $40 refund so i guess it's fine? really shouldn't happen though, very souring experience.

Grakl

kinda miffed about these white-blue low tops from gustin. waited about 8 months to get these shoes and they didn't even have the right heel tab color, ended up being black instead of the steel blue color they have on their site. oh well, they gave me a $40 refund so i guess it's fine? really shouldn't happen though, very souring experience.
Good experience with their jeans but haven't tried anything else, that sux

NinjaBoiX

straight up someone find me a sub $1k beige cashmere turtleneck in a size small, cause I give up.
Standard response from me but, like, under $1k? As if that's some reasonable metric to narrow down the field?

If you can't find a suitable sweater that has an acceptable "this person makes ludicrously overpriced clothing for narcissistic, materialistic idiots that care too much about this shit" label from anywhere between £0-£800 then that's kind of sad.

Come on mane, it's a fucking sweater.

£100 absolute tops.

Lotto

Good experience with their jeans but haven't tried anything else, that sux

i've ordered jeans from them in the past and had no problems but i wanted some poor man's common projects and theirs was the closest to being true to the design. the long wait coupled with being unable to give me the correct color as a replacement is irritating. i guess it's a symptom of being a made to order 'kickstarter' company with no real oversight, but still it sucks being a victim of their growing pains. they seem to be getting bigger with how much new product they're always releasing so i hope they do get it sorted eventually.

Standard response from me but, like, under $1k? As if that's some reasonable metric to narrow down the field?

If you can't find a suitable sweater that has an acceptable "this person makes ludicrously overpriced clothing for narcissistic, materialistic idiots that care too much about this shit" label from anywhere between £0-£800 then that's kind of sad.

Come on mane, it's a fucking sweater.

£100 absolute tops.

nah it's not about the label i'm really looking for some real heritage italian cashmere mill shit. tbh i think i found something on yoox - around $200. hope it works.

NinjaBoiX

nah it's not about the label i'm really looking for some real heritage italian cashmere mill shit. tbh i think i found something on yoox - around $200. hope it works.
That sounds more like it.

I get that quality demands a certain price but $1000 for a sweater is insane to me.

fep

IMO Target's Merona beanies are perfect and they're like $5. Otherwise I have one I love from Oliver Spencer

I'll look into getting one of those drying horse things you mentioned then

Great tip on the beanies and they have a lot of colors. BOGO 50% off right now too.

Drying horse has been one of my best clothing related purchases.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

That jacket looks great and it's only €200 atm, fuck. I just bought a damn autumn/spring jacket for €200 but now I feel like buying one more.

the guy looks almost too handsome too...

EDIT: fuck I found a better looking one on the site also on sale, please can someone buy my silent damir doma coat soon so that I can buy this lol

shas'la

That jacket looks great and it's only €200 atm, fuck. I just bought a damn autumn/spring jacket for €200 but now I feel like buying one more.

the guy looks almost too handsome too...

EDIT: fuck I found a better looking one on the site also on sale, please can someone buy my silent damir doma coat soon so that I can buy this lol

Where is that jacket from? its sharp! Is there is a resource people here use to sell clothes ( assuming eBay doesnt cut it..?)

Zekes!

same. wasn't there a sorta replacement service that popped up? did that ever go anywhere?

I think two of the dudes who were involved with TOJ before that fuckery happened started their own spin-off. I've been too salty and without enough money to look into it, but I've seen the thread on Styleforum

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Where is that jacket from? its sharp! Is there is a resource people here use to sell clothes ( assuming eBay doesnt cut it..?)

It's from black rabbit.

Used reverse-imagesearch to find out.

Wish this were made in an XS or XXS. The measurements for their small indicate it would be huge on me.

Where did you find measurements for the jackets? I couldn't find any for them, just for the shirts and other stuff.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Where did you find measurements for the jackets? I couldn't find any for them, just for the shirts and other stuff.

Well, estimated measurements. Going by both the jacket size and shirt measurements they have, I can definitely tell this thing will fit like a tent.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well, estimated measurements. Going by both the jacket size and shirt measurements they have, I can definitely tell this thing will fit like a tent.

Hmm might have to skip this then as I'm long and scrawny (6'0", 125lbs)

Though a bit oversized is pretty much what I want to go for.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

Sorry, I forgot to mention the source, its Black Rabbit indeed. They have a lot of cool designs, though a lot would get very limited wear in my case since I can't wear it to work :/. Love their jackets though. Good quality too - I tried some stuff out a while ago in a store in Amsterdam carrying some of their items.

Quick

Banned
That feel when souvenir jackets are popping up in stores and they're all advertised as for women.

tumblr_nol2sltn9f1sbgz4yo1_250.gif

For real, it's cool seeing them pop up. Seems like the tiger and orchids embroidery designs are the common ones.

That feel when souvenir jackets are popping up in stores and they're all advertised as for women.

tumblr_nol2sltn9f1sbgz4yo1_250.gif

For real, it's cool seeing them pop up. Seems like the tiger and orchids embroidery designs are the common ones.
yeah I saw one with roses on display for women at Forever 21 and thought about just buying it

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sorry, I forgot to mention the source, its Black Rabbit indeed. They have a lot of cool designs, though a lot would get very limited wear in my case since I can't wear it to work :/. Love their jackets though. Good quality too - I tried some stuff out a while ago in a store in Amsterdam carrying some of their items.

How is the sizing for the jackets?

Quick

Banned
^ looks dope as hell.

Semi-related to capes, but I was legit thinking about getting a poncho, but I don't think I can make it work with what I wear.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
How is the sizing for the jackets?

Well, for comparison, I have a short but stocky build (1m65cm) so I'm usually S/XS, unless I'm shopping in Asia. Black Rabbit's stuffs seems to adhere to European conventions. I tried on one of their older Devil Reef jackets and it did run a bit wider beneath then jackets would normally do, but the s did fit me well. But that jacket running a bit wide is part of the style, I guess. I passed up on it back then because of the price, not the fit.

Top Bottom