• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well, for comparison, I have a short but stocky build (1m65cm) so I'm usually S/XS, unless I'm shopping in Asia. Black Rabbit's stuffs seems to adhere to European conventions. I tried on one of their older Devil Reef jackets and it did run a bit wider beneath then jackets would normally do, but the s did fit me well. But that jacket running a bit wide is part of the style, I guess. I passed up on it back then because of the price, not the fit.

Thanks!
Yeah, If I order one I'll probably order the "OG "devil's reef jacket and not the mk3 one as it look a bit slimmer (and I like the colour more).
Though I'm having the price problem now too as I've pretty much used up my months fashion budget and my stuff isn't selling so might not be able to pick up any of them depending on when the sale ends :/

But now I at least have them on my radar for next time they have a sale.

Quick

Banned
Bought a jacket at a thrift store today. First time I've done it, though I have looked at the store a couple of times beforehand.

It's a wool (100%) overcoat that might be between the mid-70s to the early-90s, based on a quick Google of the union tag on it (ATCWU). It fits a little loose, particularly on the shoulders, but I'll probably fill it in just fine when I wear layers.

Jacket was $15.

Hey Men's Fashion-GAF.

Anyone know who makes the jacket on the right?

Thanks!

Qvs8ZOX.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If you want mil boots get the Nike sfb. Belleville and etc are cool but the break in sux. Nike are gtg day zero comfort wise and lightweight.

Didn't see your message on time. Bought these http://uspatriottactical.com/belleville-675-600g-insulated-waterproof-usaf-flight-boots-sage/

Will deal with the breakin:) I got the sage color because it goes well with tan, olive, and black or dark gray pants unlike the tan color. Will look good with the jackets I have too. Really been going for the somewhat military look and colors.

can anyone recommend a pair of shoes (and maybe a pair of boots too), that aren't crazy expensive and will work with most types of pants? (if that doesnt exist i mostly wear jeans)

i'm trying to step up my shoe game, i pretty much only wear converse sneakers all the time

Stan Smiths, there's a variety of models and usually not too expensive. Looks good if your jeans are fitted or skinny, hem your jeans or have a more jogger-like cut.

can anyone recommend a pair of shoes (and maybe a pair of boots too), that aren't crazy expensive and will work with most types of pants? (if that doesnt exist i mostly wear jeans)

i'm trying to step up my shoe game, i pretty much only wear converse sneakers all the time

well there's nothing really wrong with classic converse; but what do you mean by stepping up your game? better quality? more in line with trends? more obviously 'dress up' in appearance? all of the above?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Been looking at the côte et ciel isar backpack for awhile, thinking about picking one up as my sandqvist backpack really is too small for my needs (Can't even fit in my 15" laptop).
Sadly it seems like both colourways I want in raw canvas is not being sold on their online store atm :/

I've been hanging around my local Red Wing store a lot and I noticed the manager had some Red Wing Chelsea boots on. They're newer styled with red contrast stitching. I think they're only readily available in Europe. The kinds with the standard stitching colors are currently being made with the nitrile cork sole but I found out that there was a run with the Beckman/Roccia sole. I got the last size 8 from Bespoke Post. Always wanted to own Chelsea boots and these look great.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know what will get played out as quick as biker jeans did? Teared knees jeans. I think I'm seeing it even more than I did biker jeans.

What do you guys think about this jacket? http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/st...ium-duck-down-bomber-jacket-0600088845078--24

Looking for a winter jacket, but don't want to really break the bank this year (a lot of expenses piling up - need to get a new tailored suit this year too) - was wondering if anyone had any recommendations in Canada? I would say my budget is $300, but if it's really nice/I really like it I can probably go up to $400.

I would say the same I always say: buy quality even if it's more costly, if you're going to wear it for years. I bought a really good North Face winter jackets a few years ago for maybe a bit under $400 with taxes. Topman from what I know isn't good quality. I'd have no reason to stop wearing it for years to come, and it will be my third winter with the same coat. You're in Canada, so I wouldn't skimp on a decent winter jacket.

Pinewood

Is sweater darting a thing or do I have to start looking for better fitting sweaters? I feel like most medium ones are a bit too tight or small while larges are wide and puffy

What do you guys think of a dude wearing a Baby-G watch? They're like mini G-Shocks, supposedly for women but I keep going back and forth on whether I like it or not.

Specifically this model - too feminine? I didn't even realize it was a women's watch until after I checked online.

GzxQWwJ.jpg

What do you guys think of a dude wearing a Baby-G watch? They're like mini G-Shocks, supposedly for women but I keep going back and forth on whether I like it or not.

Specifically this model - too feminine? I didn't even realize it was a women's watch until after I checked online.

GzxQWwJ.jpg
I don't think there's really anything wrong with wearing a woman's watch in general, but I'm definitely not a fan of that one. G-Shocks aren't much better

Cyanity

Banned
Photographer friend just sent this to me. From a con I went to last month:

Shirt was designed by an artist friend
Jacket was a choice Marshall's rack pick
Jeans are literally just AM eagle jogger jeans
Scarf was a Christmas gift from years ago

I don't think there's really anything wrong with wearing a woman's watch in general, but I'm definitely not a fan of that one. G-Shocks aren't much better

I went with this Armani Exchange model instead - the AX1325.

tjhxiTY.jpg

How'd I do GAF?

Somewhat off-topic, but are tattoos done already?

The last reason someone should ever get inked is because it's 'in'. Fashion is ever changing, but tattoos are permanent (and have been around for a loooong time, my friend).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
God, I hope so. Nothing looks worse than lads covered in tattoos then wearing suits. Or wearing turtle necks, especially when they have neck tattoos.

Yeah right tell that to this pussy magnet
BENM9120-1024x683.jpg

acohrs

how many tats can you get if you're a 6/10

asking for a friend ofc i'm a 10/10 HB slayer

When I was young, I really used to love tattoos and tattoo sleeves. Used to idolise tattoos like Spartans idolised long hair ('long hair adds beauty to a good face, and terror to an ugly one').

However, now I'm slightly older and wiser and realise how stupid some of my tattoo ideas were, I just see tattoos as terrible ideas that will be regretted at some point in the future.

Top Bottom