• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

I went with this Armani Exchange model instead - the AX1325.

tjhxiTY.jpg

How'd I do GAF?
It's quite a nice watch but it's far too big for you.

See how the lugs over hang either side of your wrist? They should lie flat on the front of your wrist.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You can check Rabbit Hole London for that coat of you are in the UK.

Zaph

You want an oversized coat on your lanky body? That link you posted was anything but oversized but perfectly tailored for that model

It's a fitted jacket, but the proportions and features are oversized - it's probably a lot more obvious in person. Being tall/broad, it's easy to make lapels etc look delicate.

Anyway, couldn't pull the trigger and went with a boring Burberry instead.

You can check Rabbit Hole London for that coat of you are in the UK.

I was just in their chalk farm store a couple weeks ago - some nice stuff, but a bit too streetwear for me.

It's a fitted jacket, but the proportions and features are oversized - it's probably a lot more obvious in person. Being tall/broad, it's easy to make lapels etc look delicate.

Anyway, couldn't pull the trigger and went with a boring Burberry instead.

I'm tall and thin so I understand what you mean, which Burberry coat did you get? I love their coats, always have them in my rotation

Bsigg12

Can someone give me some advice on suit shopping? I need to get a suit for a holiday party and I'm overwhelmed with everything I'm looking at. Any kind of advice when getting fitted and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

BumRush

Can someone give me some advice on suit shopping? I need to get a suit for a holiday party and I'm overwhelmed with everything I'm looking at. Any kind of advice when getting fitted and what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Where do you live and how much are you willing to spend?

Antagon

Suitsupply.

Suitsupply starts at $399, so you'd have to stretch a budget a bit (if you factor in alterations). Still, it's a good option for the price.

Here's a guide on how a suit should fit: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/09/25/good-fitted-suit-visual/

One thing to keep in mind when shopping at suitsupply is that the suits got working cuff buttons. That makes it hard/expensive to alter the sleeve length anything beyond about half an inch to an inch.

Okay, that's reasonable for something that will last me a few years (right?). Any particular brands/styles you can recommend? Trying to scope some things out for Black Friday.
Depends on the look you want; but wolverine 1000 mile, allen Edmonds, redwing, frye etc are good starting points. Timberland also has a higher end line that's worth a peek.

johnsmith

remember me
So what's the adult version of Abercrombie? I was clearing out some old Abercrombie button ups that I haven't worn in years out of my closet, and once thing I noticed is that the quality was so much better than my J Crew shirts. I know they were always bashed as trendy, overpriced shit, but I thought they were worth the price compared to J Crew, which is also overpriced. The stitching was better, and the cotton was way thicker.

Now that you can actually get Abercrombie shirts without a moose logo I might try them out again, though it wouldn't surprise me if the quality has gone down compared to before. Any other suggestions?

acohrs

So what's the adult version of Abercrombie? I was clearing out some old Abercrombie button ups that I haven't worn in years out of my closet, and once thing I noticed is that the quality was so much better than my J Crew shirts. I know they were always bashed as trendy, overpriced shit, but I thought they were worth the price compared to J Crew, which is also overpriced. The stitching was better, and the cotton was way thicker.

Now that you can actually get Abercrombie shirts without a moose logo I might try them out again, though it wouldn't surprise me if the quality has gone down compared to before. Any other suggestions?

It may not be in right now, but Abercrombie stuff is good quality. Just was overhyped and too branded for a while.

Do you want casual, plaid, flannel, formal, or denim shirts?

TVexperto

Not sure if this is the right thread but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what fashion company this is and if I can get this jacket somewhere in europe or do they have an online store or something?

RuCXVlQ.png

Kraftwerk

every time a cape comes out it sells out instantly, and yet I have never seen a single soul wear a cape. Who is buying all these capes?

thecorner died a couple months ago; still waiting for all of it to show up on yoox tbh

totokaelo got bought out by herschel cuz they couldn't afford their ny rent. don't really feel bad cuz a) per everyone who I know in seattle that's in this field (a dozen or so people) the owner is a egodriven giant asshole, and b) lol trying to step up in NYC and shit on your seattle customers when the old guard retail in the big apple is struggling as it is.

do they still have their wall of CP, cosmic? might have to make a pilgrimage across the states to go back there if so. 🙌

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
not sure if this is the right place, but looking for a north face jacket for winter. the mcmurdo 2 to be exact. any black friday sales to cut the price a little?

acohrs

Im in the north/south carolina area. I say that because i travel between charleston and charlotte a lot.

Between them theres a north face store, rei, dicks, gander mnt, bass pro shop etc.

Only American stores I know that give good discounts on TNF are macys and gander

SeanR1221

Hello fashion gaf!

Still lurking occasionally but I was hoping I could get some advice.

I recently landed a new job where I have to dress business casual everyday. I'll probably do chinos and shirts/sweaters daily. I'm thinking of just getting pretty much everything at Uniqlo, because in this particular job I have the potential of ruining my clothes while out in the field.

Any other suggestions?

MoodyFog

Hello fashion gaf!

Still lurking occasionally but I was hoping I could get some advice.

I recently landed a new job where I have to dress business casual everyday. I'll probably do chinos and shirts/sweaters daily. I'm thinking of just getting pretty much everything at Uniqlo, because in this particular job I have the potential of ruining my clothes while out in the field.

Any other suggestions?

Topman?

Top Bottom