• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Hello fashion gaf!

Still lurking occasionally but I was hoping I could get some advice.

I recently landed a new job where I have to dress business casual everyday. I'll probably do chinos and shirts/sweaters daily. I'm thinking of just getting pretty much everything at Uniqlo, because in this particular job I have the potential of ruining my clothes while out in the field.

Any other suggestions?
everlane, bonobos

Quick

Banned
Can't go wrong with Old Navy.

Generally very affordable, and the quality isn't bad either. If you're looking out for possibly ruining your clothes in some way, at least you didn't spend a ton of money with Old Navy.

NinjaBoiX

Are Superdry hoodies good quality?
Their stuff is actually quite decent quality yes, but the brand is generally considered played out nowadays, at least in the U.K.

It's certainly not a fashionable brand over here, it's considered a bit "chav".

Rainy

Banned
Their stuff is actually quite decent quality yes, but the brand is generally considered played out nowadays, at least in the U.K.

It's certainly not a fashionable brand over here, it's considered a bit "chav".

Oh ok, I'm from the US and I don't see it too much, if at all, over here. But yeah I've heard it was all over the place in the UK. I've just been eyeing some hoodies so I might pick one up with the Black Friday discounts they have.

Also since it was discussed on the last page, looks like Abercrombie is pretty good quality, maybe I'll check out their site. Decent sales right now.

EVOL 100%

Oh for fuck's sake, I was going to buy one of those Devil's Reef jackets from Black Rabbit that were posted a page ago, but I waited for the Black Friday sale. Turns out that the stuff that I was interested in went back to being sold full prices while things I'm not interested in at all have measly discount :(

edit: Oh, the sale started right now. Funny how they talked about it being in midnight, but I'll take what I can get :)

Oxn

Although i love the Jogger pants I have, i want some more.

What are some nice ones? Preferably with a slim fit.

Patriots7

Anyone know of any slim-fit car coats?
Looking at this from Bonobos, but would prefer to not spend $600 if I didn't have to. On the other hand, their clothes and jackets (tailored shirts, slim jackets) fit me like a glove.

b1bsn1674mdnz2xro1u9qefgud86jz2a.jpg

BumRush

Anyone know of any slim-fit car coats?
Looking at this from Bonobos, but would prefer to not spend $600 if I didn't have to. On the other hand, their clothes and jackets (tailored shirts, slim jackets) fit me like a glove.

Haha the old bonobos conundrum...everything there fits me perfectly too, but it kills me to pay the prices sometimes on principle alone.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Picked up this

8KiluYj.png

Was originally thinking about skipping it and buying a pair of docs and the white silk Our Legacy shirt, but as Our Legacy had no black friday sale I'll just buy that next month instead.

EVOL 100%

These are my hauls:

8KiluYj.png

Black Rabbit - Devil's Reef Jacket

tPItRTt.jpg

Black Rabbit - Messier VI Jacket

XBhMUKh.jpg

Nike SFB Field 8

Also I got a women's cape from Uniqlo lol

I thank whoever first posted that Black Rabbit jacket, that company is dope as hell

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
These are my hauls:

8KiluYj.png

Black Rabbit - Devil's Reef Jacket

tPItRTt.jpg

Black Rabbit - Messier VI Jacket

XBhMUKh.jpg

Nike SFB Field 8

Also I got a women's cape from Uniqlo lol

I thank whoever first posted that Black Rabbit jacket, that company is dope as hell

You're welcome :)

tried on a brioni suit yesterday. fit me better than any suit i've ever tried on. i didn't even know a suit could fit me that good! 6k tho. couldn't do it.

also slp is nothing but TRASH now.

EVOL 100%

Dunno if this topic is the place to get advice on, but can anybody recommend me some cologne?

I wear Lalique's Encore Noire right now, and while I like it quite a lot I'd like something that's a bit more human and approachable because I smell like a sullen motherfucker all the time. Also, I'm getting a bit bored a bit so I'd like to switch things up.

I guess I'd like something that is still dark, but not so relentlessly grumpy. Also, something that's not vetiver based.

Oxn

Just ordered a pair of Zanerobe joggers. Hope they fit well. Its the Dynamo so its not the drawstring variant.

I ordered a size 29. Some pants i wear 29, and some 30. So hoping for the best.

Dunno if this topic is the place to get advice on, but can anybody recommend me some cologne?

I wear Lalique's Encore Noire right now, and while I like it quite a lot I'd like something that's a bit more human and approachable because I smell like a sullen motherfucker all the time. Also, I'm getting a bit bored a bit so I'd like to switch things up.

I guess I'd like something that is still dark, but not so relentlessly grumpy. Also, something that's not vetiver based.
Maybe something with iris? Dior Homme?

Also peep http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=122747776

lolmark

I need a little help finding some dress shoes to wear with a tuxedo. Can anyone recommend any styles around 150-200? Patent leather is ok, but would prefer smooth leather.

Top Bottom