• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I will be attending a 40th birthday party soon and I have been thinking about what to wear. While I could go with a classic tie, I have been searching for a different style. I read about this particular tie on some site a while ago, but I cannot find that page now. The tie looks something like this (image is that of a lady's tie):

ladytieqcstq.png

The male version I think is a bit longer, possibly thinner. Does anyone know what I'm thinking of?

Rösti;225855240 said:
I will be attending a 40th birthday party soon and I have been thinking about what to wear. While I could go with a classic tie, I have been searching for a different style. I read about this particular tie on some site a while ago, but I cannot find that page now. The tie looks something like this (image is that of a lady's tie):

The male version I think is a bit longer, possibly thinner. Does anyone know what I'm thinking of?
kinda just looks like an untied bowtie but I wouldn't say I'm super familiar with those either

Quick

Banned
Rösti;225855240 said:

Closest thing I can think of is a western tie. Picture the KFC logo basically.

Rösti;225855240 said:

they're crossover ties; they look cool imo. aka continental tie.

JRPSt2L.jpg

Man, first I outgrew my black jeans this fall then I lost my black bomber jacket. I'm sad.

When I told my friend I lost my jacket she said she thought it was sewn to my body :/

Basic outfits have never been harder for me, I have an amazing red and blue bomber but it's obviously not as versatile.

Cyanity

Banned
Man, first I outgrew my black jeans this fall then I lost my black bomber jacket. I'm sad.

When I told my friend I lost my jacket she said she thought it was sewn to my body :/

Basic outfits have never been harder for me, I have an amazing red and blue bomber but it's obviously not as versatile.

A wardrobe containing a tan field jacket/bomber and a navy jacket of some sort will pretty much go with any outfit you can think of.

NEO0MJ

So, anyone here have experience with Jomashop? They're having a discount and there's this Mont Blanc cuff that I absolutely adore there. Should I go with them?

A wardrobe containing a tan field jacket/bomber and a navy jacket of some sort will pretty much go with any outfit you can think of.
I just hope UO still carries the bomber I had but I'm scared to check.

Black bomber, marled grey sweatshirt, black jeans and white sneakers was like my go-to outfit in the fall/winter. Kinda simple but comfortable and I looked great.

Cyanity

Banned
I just hope UO still carries the bomber I had but I'm scared to check.

Black bomber, marled grey sweatshirt, black jeans and white sneakers was like my go-to outfit in the fall/winter. Kinda simple but comfortable and I looked great.

White sneakers in the winter? Bold.

Rösti;225855240 said:

Fuck outta here with this shit lmao. Just wear a funky coulour tie

EVOL 100%

The Black Rabbit jackets arrived today and holy shit. The amount of details on these jackets are amazing. It's been a long time since I've worn clothes with so much thought put into them. I think I'm in love

Huh. I've always considered myself to be pretty stylish but I recently learned that wearing black suits (besides funerals) is generally a no-no.

Whoops. I almost exclusively wear black suits because I think I look damn good in them.

acohrs

Looks intentionally made dirty which is an even worst look

must just be an english/irish thing to like rocking kicks that look a bit used. It's like ripped jeans that you ripped by just loving them excessively, feels personalised.

Oxn

Just ordered a pair of Zanerobe joggers. Hope they fit well. Its the Dynamo so its not the drawstring variant.

I ordered a size 29. Some pants i wear 29, and some 30. So hoping for the best.

Man when people say u get what you pay for, it really rings true for these pants.

May possibly be the best pair of pants ive ever bought. The fabric, the crafting, all top notch.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Man when people say u get what you pay for, it really rings true for these pants.

May possibly be the best pair of pants ive ever bought. The fabric, the crafting, all top notch.

I got two pairs with the zipper and sleeve-like cuffs, sort of like chinos, olive and beige, and yeah they're my best pants.

NEO0MJ

But the basic shape looks funny IMO. Anything more normal looking?

giga

I still don't like the look of their regular ones. There's still a slight drop crotch. I prefer outlier ultralight crops (summer) or Nike tech fleece if I'm trying to stunt my kicks.

EVOL 100%

you guys are (allegedly) experts

what do you think of this?

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-ma-1-bomber-jacket-178772.html?dwvar_178772_color=COL57&cgid=

obviously not expecting it to last forever since it's only $50 but i like the look of it

I saw one of those in the Uniqlo shop around here. It looked okay. Most Uniqlo stuff is fine, and great bang for the buck. They're one of the safest lower-end shops around, so if you like the look of those jackets it can't hurt to buy one.

I saw one of those in the Uniqlo shop around here. It looked okay. Most Uniqlo stuff is fine, and great bang for the buck. They're one of the safest lower-end shops around, so if you like the look of those jackets it can't hurt to buy one.

It's a little frustrating for me because there aren't any Uniqlo stores nearby, so if I want to try any of their products, I have to order them online.

EVOL 100%

It's a little frustrating for me because there aren't any Uniqlo stores nearby, so if I want to try any of their products, I have to order them online.

Personally, I never had negative experiences with Uniqlo stuff (except for when I bought a cardigan. Holy shit stay away from their cardigans), so I trust them enough to just buy online. YMMV

EVOL 100%

What could Maroon jacket go well with? I'm not too great on color combinations. I'm thinking about exchanging to a better color if available.

There aren't really any objectively good colors, there are colors that work better with your skin hue, body type, facial structure etc. You have to experiment until you find what works with you.

Personally like red with gray myself

Love maroon with grey, black, and white. wore that exact color scheme yesterday, maroon sweatshirt, grey tshirt underneath, black jeans, white shoes.

Top Bottom