• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Now I fear this Weekender will be too big for my wrist and I'll hate it. Don't look down on me if I sell it in the B/S/T thread at a price to cover my shipping costs.

Why did so many things go in stupid directions...

It's not that big actually. I'd say if you've got girly wrists you're screwed but if you've got regular man wrists, you'll be fine lol.

N
Mode-homme-usher-veste-jeans-tendance.jpg

That "ridge" that's formed by the V-neck is bugging me, it looks like he's wearing his shirt inside out lol.

Also, how long does ASOS usually take to ship? According to their tracking, my brogue's are sitting in a British Airways flight headed to New York.

Still having a difficult time finding an American-made black Oxford shirt so I am going to settle for light gray and wear black casual pants to go with it. Something like this in long sleeve.

ul18a.jpg

Also what do people know about "sanded cotton twill?"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's not that big actually. I'd say if you've got girly wrists you're screwed but if you've got regular man wrists, you'll be fine lol.
You only think of them as girly because in the 90s they decided smaller size watches are ladies watches. I have many
asian
guy friends with wrists like mine.

You only think of them as girly because in the 90s they decided smaller size watches are ladies watches. I have many
asian
guy friends with wrists like mine.

But again, if you got the Weekender with the purple strap off the woot sale, it's a very small watch face due to it being unisex.

More often than not, when at Target, that specific version (or rather, with the olive green strap) is put with the women's watches rather than the men's watches, which often has the larger faced version.

Still, don't knock it until you actually see it. Also, the straps are changeable so you can find a strap that fits your wrists.

Dice

Wait, I double checked the stats page on the woot sale.

White / Brown T2N640 32 mm 9 mm Brown calf skin Up to 7.5 inches 16 mm
That's the one I got and 32mm should be perfect.

Wait, I double checked the stats page on the woot sale.

That's the one I got and 32mm should be perfect.

That seems a lot smaller than the olive strap version that I got. According to Amazon mine's at 38mm.

My wrist is around 7.5 inches, and with the 38mm Weekender this is how it looks like:

Speaking of which, is there such a thing as the average wrist size for men? Coz according to this website I have a medium to large sized wrist. I'm also Asian... lol.

Dice

I have a 6.5" wrist. You can make an average out of anything, but I'm not sure I'd say a person has large or small wrists without any context of their general size. My wrists are apparently between small and medium classifications, but at 5'7" so is my height, so that seems as expected, yeah?

Ethnicity also doesn't directly connect to sizes, it's just a rule of thumb based on averages in different world regions. In reality, people in developing nations average smaller. It seems the better off a country gets, the bigger each new generation ends up being. South Koreans average much taller than North Koreans now.

I grew up in big honkin midwest america, but I also grew up in poverty. Between generally good air quality and shelter but malnutrition, this is where I landed. I'm a few inches shorter than my older brother, which may reflect the added burden of more than one kid on my parents. Who knows? Science has discovered many factors involved.

I have a 6.5" wrist. You can make an average out of anything, but I'm not sure I'd say a person has large or small wrists without any context of their general size. My wrists are apparently between small and medium classifications, but at 5'7" so is my height, so that seems as expected, yeah?

Ethnicity also doesn't directly connect to sizes, it's just a rule of thumb based on averages in different world regions. In reality, people in developing nations average smaller. It seems the better off a country gets, the bigger each new generation ends up being. South Koreans average much taller than North Koreans now.

I grew up in big honkin midwest america, but I also grew up in poverty. Between generally good air quality and shelter but malnutrition, this is where I landed. I'm a few inches shorter than my older brother, which may reflect the added burden of more than one kid on my parents. Who knows? Science has discovered many factors involved.

Ha, I'm actually around about 5'6" the only difference is that I've got the body of a football player even though I never really played football(unless you count 2 years in junior high). I'm just gonna go ahead and blame genetics as my family is full of big dudes. We get confused as Hawaiian's sometimes since we're big and Filipino lol.

Ok was that one of the weekenders on Woot, including the band? I want that so bad!

The band was custom. I got it on eBay from a seller called clockworksynergy. The band was $15 bucks but they don't seem to have it anymore, it's all like $22 or something but they might be pretty good. The one I have seems to be legit leather and it doesn't feel uncomfortable or anything like that. You could also try the links giga posted a couple of pages back.

As for the watch, it was the one with the purple nylon strap. But I got mine off Amazon since I bought it before the woot sale came up.

Fritz

Hi people,

I am looking for a certain item. A navy wool coat with unpatted shoulders (not raglan though) and a belt. Think of a bathrope but wool. Somebody knowing of something like this. I mean there are a gazillion navy wool coats but all the ones I saw so far had patted shoulders and no belt.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Anyone have any experience with uniqlo pants, specifically chinos? I usually size up one in uniqlo sweaters/shirts. Should I do the same with pants width and height?

bob page

Anyone have any experience with uniqlo pants, specifically chinos? I usually size up one in uniqlo sweaters/shirts. Should I do the same with pants width and height?
They're pretty much true to size. I think they only sell inseams in 34+ still though.

ASOS really ship to date.

Could be. My shoes are apparently at the main post office here in DFW. Should be getting it either tomorrow or Saturday. They shipped it on the 10th from London and it got here at DFW in 2 days. That's some ridiculous fast shipping right there.

In contrast, it takes UPS and Fedex an average of 3 days to ship anything already inside this country and you most likely have to pay out of the ass for cheap ground shipping. -___-

ugh so this girl who goes to my school had a song her band wrote used in the new saint laurent dance campaign and now she's casually hanging with hedi on the reg.

i might be jealous

Grzi

What type of socks should I wear with rolled up pants and leather docksides/loafers? I usually go bare footed but it's getting colder.

I was thinking of going with white, something like this:

But I'm not entirely sure.
Anyone else have other ideas, are there any rules I should follow for this lol.

it's super greaser/mod to wear white socks and oxfords like that; I think it would look odd with anything but a very specific look and thick-soled casual shoes. Most people are gonna think you skipped laundry day.

If it's cold, you could always just leave your pants as-is ;)

Grzi

it's super greaser/mod to wear white socks and oxfords like that; I think it would look odd with anything but a very specific look and thick-soled casual shoes. Most people are gonna think you skipped laundry day.

If it's cold, you could always just leave your pants as-is ;)

Some other color of socks maybe?
I leave my pants as is for oxfords most of the time, but I don't like how that looks with loafers and docksides, so I always roll them up, I don't know, it just looks better to me lol.

Aegus

So I need 70s style chic ideas for a themed night.

My ideas just gravitiate towards looking exactly like Disco Stu.

Edit: Someone Anchorman style perhaps? Bryan Fantana?

Got my burgundy brogues from ASOS today.

Am I allowed to wear anything with them or are there certain kinds of rules that I gotta follow so I don't look like a fashion terrorist?

Dice

My watch came in. Crappy still taken from a video filmed with my webcam since Lifecam won't load:

r61yBo5.png

As you can see, the 32mm is just right and a 40mm would look stupid on me, not to mention being very uncomfortable. I expected the band to be the tan one, so I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it should work with more of my cold weather clothing. It was super useful to have at work so I guess I'll just have to get used to wearing it.

My watch came in. Crappy still taken from a video filmed with my webcam since Lifecam won't load:

As you can see, the 32mm is just right and a 40mm would look stupid on me, not to mention being very uncomfortable. I expected the band to be the tan one, so I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it should work with more of my cold weather clothing. It was super useful to have at work so I guess I'll just have to get used to wearing it.

Strange, I have VERY tiny wrists, but a 32mm ladies model still look far too small, I navigate between 36 and 41mm. That said the Timex fits yours perfectly. Something tells me your wrist must be crazy thin :)

I hate that about most of the watches that I like (Nomos, Stowa, Guess). I would say that 90% of the watches that I like from said brands have a face 42mm in diameter. It just seems to sit weirdly on my wrist which is probably 50-55mm wide.

Top Bottom