• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Kraftwerk

Here's what I was planning on wearing together. Doesn't seem very fall like. Maybe some other kind of shirt under the sweater? Or would chinos work better? Also included a pic to show the real jeans color although it seems to have come out with a little pink hue. Sorry for the crap cell pics.

ONYdVBb.jpg

a3JFjEf.jpg

What jeans are those? I'm a sucker for green jeans.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I don't understand Uniqlo. They don't stock some items that are featured right there on the site, and then half the shirts I look at are only available in one or two sizes. What in the world?

bob page

I don't understand Uniqlo. They don't stock some items that are featured right there on the site, and then half the shirts I look at are only available in one or two sizes. What in the world?

Their featured items always sell out pretty fast, as do smaller sizes. After several years, they still haven't figured out that they overstock XL sizes and don't stock enough XS, S, M.

Rookje

Here's what I was planning on wearing together. Doesn't seem very fall like. Maybe some other kind of shirt under the sweater? Or would chinos work better? Also included a pic to show the real jeans color although it seems to have come out with a little pink hue. Sorry for the crap cell pics.

ONYdVBb.jpg

a3JFjEf.jpg

Sweater is a bit too big/long. Also don't like the color combo (salmon and charcoal... or rust green, whatever color that denim is). I really only like salmon with indigo denim.

h3ro

Lands End Canvas slim fit (608?). Got them on sale a month or so ago.

Been keeping my eye on those and I'm waiting for a good deal from LE. The color looks a lot darker in person than it does on the website. Big fan of the 608 fit, ordered a few of the Canvas line chinos and love them. Great finish and feel.

giga

Thinking of getting a new pair of shoes and am eying these cap-toes from Cole Haan:

http://www.colehaan.com/lenox-hill-cap-oxford-black/C11630.html?dwvar_C11630_color=Black#cgid=mens_shoes_oxfords&start=5

Any thoughts on these?
Pass. No information on the welt, type of leather, and the soles are all rubber. Also, they're not even oxfords, they're derbys/bluchers!

20120917-223302.jpg

Go with this instead: http://www.beckettsimonon.com/collections/frontpage/products/caine-oxford-black

Goodyear welted, full grain leather, and leather sole. Should be recraftable at a cobbler too. Sign up for promo codes and they'll shoot you a 20% code right away too.

http://putthison.com/post/60275065220/reviewing-two-new-shoe-companies-im-genuinely

I would normally recommend the ae park avenue, but their seconds sale is over now I think so the price is back up to $350.

Pass. No information on the welt, type of leather, and the soles are all rubber. Also, they're not even oxfords, they're derbys/bluchers!

20120917-223302.jpg

Go with this instead: http://www.beckettsimonon.com/collections/frontpage/products/caine-oxford-black

Goodyear welted, full grain leather, and leather sole. Should be recraftable at a cobbler too. Sign up for promo codes and they'll shoot you a 20% code right away too.

http://putthison.com/post/60275065220/reviewing-two-new-shoe-companies-im-genuinely

I would normally recommend the ae park avenue, but their seconds sale is over now I think so the price is back up to $350.

Ooooo... That looks both better & more reasonable. I'll probably wait closer to the holidays to pick up but thanks for the help.

Go_Ly_Dow

How about a light grey hoody with white t-shirt for the fall/winter season?

H&M

hmprod
hmprod

River Island

EOQg9Hk.jpg

I'm leaning towards the River Island design at the moment.

sruckus

So I just bought a light gray hoodie from Forever 21 Men last weekend. It feels soft currently, and probably isn't as good as H&M, but it was like $15. We'll see how long it lasts.

I'd take that H&M one. It looks better and the River Island one has a white zip that bites. Just think the H&M one would look better with dark denim. If there's a link to it online, may I have it please?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What color pants look best with a dark grey polo or shirt? I put them with a light khaki and black shoes but can't tell if they look good at all. Honestly I usually just wear that shirt with jeans, but I wanted to use it for work when needed. Hmm.

This polo

Yeah, yeah AE, but I like some of their more subtle stuff. I just have no idea what to wear this color with besides jeans.

So I've been looking for a watch for awhile now, something casual/dressy and non sport. I'm not a watch buff but through my research I found the style I most prefer:
tangente38_front.png

Beautiful watch, ouf.. It's perfect. But unfortunately it's also $4K. So I continued to look around and found a watch very similar to it. Granted it's a supplier from china, but the quality is apparently very high (according to watchuseek.com atleast). I placed my order yesterday, cant wait until I have it.

1174834d1375317030-affordable-nomos-homage-review-rodina-small-seconds-pictures-rodinawrist.jpg

Some specs:

l Sapphire crystal, display case back
l Appear as big as 40mm, but its actual size is 38.37 x 9.25mm, measured by electronic ruler.
l The crown is signed with a big R
l The edge of case is round, sharply cut in perpendicular, forming straight 90 degree angle.
l Reliable ST17 automatic
l Blue independent second hand at 6
l Blue slim hour and minute hands
l 316 stainless steel case
l Hand-winding renders a pleasant noise in a way similar to Harley Davison

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
What color pants look best with a dark grey polo or shirt? I put them with a light khaki and black shoes but can't tell if they look good at all. Honestly I usually just wear that shirt with jeans, but I wanted to use it for work when needed. Hmm.

This polo

Yeah, yeah AE, but I like some of their more subtle stuff. I just have no idea what to wear this color with besides jeans.
Light khaki, brown shoes could work.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I have the jacket below coming in soon, what should I pair it with? Was thinking some dark blue jeans, a plain undershirt, and some Clark's. I may need to order some different colors of Clark's though. I have the beeswax ones now which will work, but I think this jacket would look cool paired with colored Clark's.

Now I fear this Weekender will be too big for my wrist and I'll hate it. Don't look down on me if I sell it in the B/S/T thread at a price to cover my shipping costs.

Why did so many things go in stupid directions...

If you have a Target nearby, you can always seen the different variations of the Weekender, but tbh, the face is on the small side as it's a unisex model watch. Plus, if you're replacing the band, I don't think punching a hole to fit in either leather or a cheap nylon band is worth losing sleep over.

But I'm picking up the same Weekender from the woot sale (arrives on friday) and will just go buy a new band probably this evening.

Top Bottom