• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

sruckus

To be honest I've always felt my enthusiasm for fashion was just a money drain with no noticeable benefits/positives.

I'm getting complimented on my shirts all the time now, at least! But tbh that's more that everyone else at work dresses in a weird punk/band tee mix or other bland clothes

lolmark

Does anyone have any good recommendations of tailors that can do denim repair and alterations? I have one pair of jeans that has a blown out crotch and another that needs to be hemmed and chainstitched.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I used to have that exact Gap cardigan around eight years ago, but it was just zipper back then. Weird that they'd recycle the template and add buttons.

Is 7 for all mankind a good brand for jeans that help accentuate your ass more? I have slim legs, but I do plenty of squats, and although I don't have a big ass, there's still some cushion. I have a pair if levis slim fit, but it's just poofy in the ass.

overcast

Got my shirt from Asos, love it. Don't make fun of me, i'm looking serious.
EnzsV8J.jpg

wxVKPSf.jpg

Any thoughts?

Wait, you're not black?!

fit looks good

Checked out some of the Phillip Lim stuff at target today. Some nice sweats and tees, store didn't stock anything else but the chambray contrast sleeve shirt so I picked that up. They had like 6 racks of women's shit too. :(

Hopefully this means target will start producing more interesting shit down the line.

Lunchbox

Banned
Hopefully this means target will start producing more interesting shit down the line.

omg, i was joking when i said you shop at ebay and target bro. have you really fallen one level below uniqlo and going to target now?

here bro buy this before the 50% off sale runsout, cause we are all on a budget now for the 5s this friday. its only 45 bucks. Help me, Help you

overcast

Wait, you're not black?!

fit looks good

Overcast fit looks good bro. It'll look even better with an iron of course. Sleeves came pre-cuffed I assume? I like the color. Super versatile shirt.

Fuck I wanted to make this joke.
Thanks guys.

Yeah, they were pre-cuffed. I'm hoping to be able to string together some nice outfits with it. Definitely going to iron it asap.

I need to think about making my avatar the most white thing possible..

Wait, you're not black?!

fit looks good

Checked out some of the Phillip Lim stuff at target today. Some nice sweats and tees, store didn't stock anything else but the chambray contrast sleeve shirt so I picked that up. They had like 6 racks of women's shit too. :(

i read the trainers look incredibly tacky and cheap in person

If anyone is interested in a Hamilton Viewmatic automatic watch, I'm selling mine for $300. It has a few superficial scratches on the case (sapphire crystal is scratch free), but are hardly noticeable, and can be easily removed. I just hardly ever wear the watch since I bought in February, and it just sits in the box:

4588409314_a2d379deaf_z.jpg

That's what it looks like, though I can take pic however many pics you want for those that might be interested.

kaskade

I have to say Armani Exchange Pima T-Shirts have to be my favorite. They are a little on the pricier side but the fit is so good. They hold up pretty well too. I'd love for them to have a scoop neck version.

bomma_man

I'm looking for a bit of a wardrobe refresh for the incoming summer, and I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand. Although I mostly wear plain t shirts these days I wouldn't mind a nice darker graphic one, but I'm struggling to find any. i was looking at one of these guys t shirts (the one with the playing card like design on the back) but they only had it in XL and I dunno who else sells them. In addition I need some new shorts, and sneakers and maybe a short sleeve shirt. I'm guessing I've largely missed the end of Northern summer sales?

MegalonJJ

Banned
Does anyone have a brown (Steve Mcqueen Bullitt) herringbone tweed blazer?

I'm thinking of getting one to wear for the upcoming cold months.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I went out today on a ~$1,200 shopping spree at an upstate outlet mall. Man, the discounts they have at those places are ridiculous, and the stuff can be pretty high quality if you know where to look. It was my first experience with Ted Baker too, and I am hooked on their shit. Top notch stuff. Got a bunch of stuff from J Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Saks, and Converse too. I was hoping to pick up some Cole Haan Lunargrand Wingtips but they didn't stock them sadly. That and the Allen Edmond Strands are the two things I really need to add to my wardrobe right now.

Anybody here buy anything from the "Goodale" brand on Jackthreads?

Saw this and I can get it for $22.

But I'm worried about the fit... last time I bought something from them, it was 2 sizes small. I ordered a large and had to change it for an XXL since the sizing was too damn ridiculous... it's as if I was some pencil thin fashion model or whatever. -___-

jwk94

omg, i was joking when i said you shop at ebay and target bro. have you really fallen one level below uniqlo and going to target now?

here bro buy this before the 50% off sale runsout, cause we are all on a budget now for the 5s this friday. its only 45 bucks. Help me, Help you

Oh god. That sweater. Where can I get a cheaper version?

Top Bottom