• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Deez bb:

common-projects-highs-black.jpg

The treaded runners looked odd, but the regular runners are legit. The suede on the gellers was sexual

i'm not buying much either, but that's mostly because my parents cut me off for kicking a hole in the wall. i see some boots in my future tho. also, switch out that xbone for some cps midnights.

obin_gam

I have a problem. Ive got these trousers in blue, Meyers "New York"

that I cannot find a sweater to go with. Shirts and blazers are good (white or very light blue, and magenta to break i up with a tie) but to find an ordinary sweater is impossible. Do you guys have any suggestions on what kind of sweaters (colors that is) would go nicely along with these trousers?

Fritz

that I cannot find a sweater to go with. Shirts and blazers are good (white or very light blue, and magenta to break i up with a tie) but to find an ordinary sweater is impossible. Do you guys have any suggestions on what kind of sweaters (colors that is) would go nicely along with these trousers?

Grey, white, red, green, yellow, etc. Every color apart from blue and black basically.

giga

fair isle

L2re+

tan/khaki/mustard/old gold/camel/therearemanyshadesofthiscolor

RCMb+

grey (mmmm shawl collar)

bhGK+

white

p6jP+

Also, don't forget magenta and cable knit sweaters.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need Fall stuff. Shirts to wear casually with jeans/Clarks as well as some nice work stuff. Preferably don't want to spend a ton. What do you guys suggest?

All I really have now for casual stuff are plain T-shirts I wore with shorts for the summer.

I need Fall stuff. Shirts to wear casually with jeans/Clarks as well as some nice work stuff. Preferably don't want to spend a ton. What do you guys suggest?

All I really have now for casual stuff are plain T-shirts I wore with shorts for the summer.

What about those asos jackets on sale? Also what about chambray? Or jaspe shirts which are like chambray but softer and thicker.

6923303083_a7ddae05aa_z.jpg

Oxfords are an option year round. Denim shirts are good for fall.

ASOS can actually suck my dick. Said my order would be here in 11-13 days. I'm like cool its coming from a while away so we'll give it time. It said shipped on the fifth of September. The 16th comes and I'm like alright they did say three days. The 18th comes - still nothing. Hmm. The 22nd, nothing. Fuck this. I messaged their support and they're like "Eh, it could arrive on the 2nd of October."

mooooose

i came into a pair of black slim fit chinos from uniqlo how the fuck do i wear these

maybe just with a t shirt and vans? idk what to do with these

lenovox1

i came into a pair of black slim fit chinos from uniqlo how the fuck do i wear these

maybe just with a t shirt and vans? idk what to do with these

I'll stick to my mother's old adage of "black goes with everything." I don't feel it's as neutral as navy is for most men, but a black chino? You can do anything with 'em.

And your question actually immediately made me think of a video retailer Mr. Porter uploaded, Five Ways to Wear: Navy Chinos. And black chinos should work just as well, if not better, in some of the looks Dan May styled. Hopefully, that video can free your mind up a little.

And a t-shirt and vans is fine. An interesting, well fitted jacket that reflects your own personal style would set it off.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What about those asos jackets on sale? Also what about chambray? Or jaspe shirts which are like chambray but softer and thicker.

6923303083_a7ddae05aa_z.jpg

Oxfords are an option year round. Denim shirts are good for fall.

I like those shirts, where's a good place to get some? Denim on denim isn't too much? What about where to get chambray? Issue is everywhere wants like $80 per shirt, and I really don't want to spend a fortune because I need a handful of new shirts for fall.

bob page

So my gf has good taste in getting me birthday presents, it seems. Definitely the nicest footwear I've owned yet- even nicer than the Allen Edmonds. dat leather smell

42c6b12e23f511e393ca22000ab5bacc_7.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Oh. Well. Suits are... not something I know about. I put one on once!

Clip suspenders with a suit seems pretty weird, yes.

Dina

I like those shirts, where's a good place to get some? Denim on denim isn't too much? What about where to get chambray? Issue is everywhere wants like $80 per shirt, and I really don't want to spend a fortune because I need a handful of new shirts for fall.

I want to know this as well.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Speaking of fall styles, and based on Style Fox's suggestion (and a 30% off ASOS sale going on all day today) I bought one Chambray shirt and then a cheap long sleeved polo. I think they'll work. I was thinking of pairing them with a new pair of grey Clark's boots. Would that fit well? Dark blue jeans, these shirts and grey shoes? Or do I go for blue shoes as well?

image1xl.jpg

Speaking of fall styles, and based on Style Fox's suggestion (and a 30% off ASOS sale going on all day today) I bought one Chambray shirt and then a cheap long sleeved polo. I think they'll work. I was thinking of pairing them with a new pair of grey Clark's boots. Would that fit well? Dark blue jeans, these shirts and grey shoes? Or do I go for blue shoes as well?
Why not just use your brown Clark's? Brown would look better with both outfits.

As for fall suggestions, chambray is a good tip. Depending on your climate, you can wear chambray year round. If you can find yourself a solid denim shirt that would be a good pickup as well.

The way I coordinate is so basic man. If I'm wearing dark tops I go lighter bottom. So let's say I'm going black shirt then I would wear light blue, beige chino, light gray pants. That is of course unless I'm going black on black which works in the right circumstances. So the opposite of that is I'm wearing red chambray, what goes better with red chambray than some black pants, or dark gray, or deep indigo.

Shoes I do the same general thing. Black pants go with every color shoe the way I see it but let's say I'm wearing some light blue or red pants. Then I like to keep it basic like black or gray shoes because I'm not trying to go crazy with color.

All it is in the end is I prefer to have one item of eye catching color while the others I want to keep simple.

overcast

I'm similar Fox. I keep wearing my tan pants lately because of the colors I wear on tops. Helps that it's sunny as usual down here.

Might get a long sleeve polo, feel like I need to be bigger for it though. Shit, just bought from ASOS, perfect timing for that 30% off. Cold.

mac do your kids need backpacks?

That asos 30% is sweet btw but I don't trust their sizing anymore. Gonna get a jacket in person cuz sizing is key. Still gotta get another pair of n&f I keep putting off seeing them in person.

Check out these sick fadez you get with the midnight power stretch. Seals the deal for me.

The way I coordinate is so basic man. If I'm wearing dark tops I go lighter bottom. So let's say I'm going black shirt then I would wear light blue, beige chino, light gray pants. That is of course unless I'm going black on black which works in the right circumstances. So the opposite of that is I'm wearing red chambray, what goes better with red chambray than some black pants, or dark gray, or deep indigo.

Shoes I do the same general thing. Black pants go with every color shoe the way I see it but let's say I'm wearing some light blue or red pants. Then I like to keep it basic like black or gray shoes because I'm not trying to go crazy with color.

All it is in the end is I prefer to have one item of eye catching color while the others I want to keep simple.

Same goes for me. Even if I decide to wear a really colorful t-shirt, the shoes I end up wearing are very muted in color because I don't really want to take much away from the shirt.

That said, heading to New York and Boston (well, Boston will be for a day) next week and I've already figured that I'll be pairing my Nike Mambacurials (which is basically neon pink, neon green & purple) with my broken-in chinos from J.Crew (tan & khaki) and 505 Levi's Commuters (dark indigo). So you can bet the first thing visible on me will be my shoes. :p

Top Bottom