• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why not just use your brown Clark's? Brown would look better with both outfits.

As for fall suggestions, chambray is a good tip. Depending on your climate, you can wear chambray year round. If you can find yourself a solid denim shirt that would be a good pickup as well.

I could, I was itching to get another color to trade off though. :p

The way I coordinate is so basic man. If I'm wearing dark tops I go lighter bottom. So let's say I'm going black shirt then I would wear light blue, beige chino, light gray pants. That is of course unless I'm going black on black which works in the right circumstances. So the opposite of that is I'm wearing red chambray, what goes better with red chambray than some black pants, or dark gray, or deep indigo.

Shoes I do the same general thing. Black pants go with every color shoe the way I see it but let's say I'm wearing some light blue or red pants. Then I like to keep it basic like black or gray shoes because I'm not trying to go crazy with color.

All it is in the end is I prefer to have one item of eye catching color while the others I want to keep simple.

Sounds good, that's what I've been trying to do as well, I just get more caught up in what actual styles to wear. My summer stuff was basically plain t-shirts and chino shorts. Basically every season I have to figure out what would look good and add some stuff to my wardrobe.

With work, 4 days a week I have to wear business casual (chinos, button ups or polos, etc) and Fridays we get to wear jeans, so I'm trying to find stuff that looks good for both. Also I want comfortable. I like the button ups I have for work, but I find the polos so much more comfortable.

I'm still in a way better spot than I was a year ago thanks to you all. Now to find more fall stuff, a fall jacket, then on to a new peacoat. :p

the way i color is basically err to black. 90% of the time, I wear black shoes, black jeans, a white shirt, and a grey or black sweater. i only really go colorful with some button down shirts, but the colors are darker and i still wear black shoes/jeans.

Zekes!

Check out these sick fadez you get with the midnight power stretch. Seals the deal for me.

Huh. I've always looked for images of fades for the indigo power stretch (as I own a pair but don't wear them often) but could never find any. If they fade anything like that I ought to start wearing them more. I'm still working on a pair of left-hand twill super skinny guys though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Color matching is pretty easy once you understand color theory:

art-factory-color-wheel.jpeg

Do a little reading and you will start to understand how to pair colors and which colors go with which.

Madness

Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue dress shoes on sale at Amazon, been wanting a pair for a while now, are they worth it? Cousin bought two pairs of AE cliftons, says he loves the quality and look.

Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue dress shoes on sale at Amazon, been wanting a pair for a while now, are they worth it? Cousin bought two pairs of AE cliftons, says he loves the quality and look.
black ae captoes are pretty hard to beat at their standard pricepoint, even more so discounted.

friday

Can you guys help me find a jacket? I am looking for a tough canvas jacket I can wear to work (warehouse). Woolrich makes a nice one, but the lowest size they sell it in is a medium, and even their smalls are kinda large on me. Filson has the Seattle fit now but their stuff is just way to expensive. Anyone know of any slim fitting stuff that is under $200?

Example of what I am looking for:

Zekes!

I'm in the middle of buying these Flyknit Chukkas:

And I don't know if any of you guys remember how I always said I always wanted these Four Horsemen x Viberg Service Boots, but well, I finally put in an order at the beginning of the month and should get them some time in October.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Looked at that Philip Lim x Target stuff today.

...Yup, those are sweatpants. Yup, those are halfsie contrast pocket tees. Yup, that's a blue button-up.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There was a boxy-looking dark blue and black camo tee. Not being much of a camo fan, I didn't spend more than a few seconds glancing at it.

X-Frame

I ordered an Orient Aviator Flight watch from Island Watch and it arrived in 1 day, incredible. The watch looks great and it's my first real watch, but I am not a fan of the thick leather strap it comes with.

If I wanted to swap the strap with something that looks the same except thinner and more comfortable, what would you all recommend?

Island Watch has a good selection of them and Hirsch seems to be a popular one.

Thanks everyone!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been looking for a watch for awhile now, something casual/dressy and non sport. I'm not a watch buff but through my research I found the style I most prefer:
tangente38_front.png

Beautiful watch, ouf.. It's perfect. But unfortunately it's also $4K. So I continued to look around and found a watch very similar to it. Granted it's a supplier from china, but the quality is apparently very high (according to watchuseek.com atleast). I placed my order yesterday, cant wait until I have it.

1174834d1375317030-affordable-nomos-homage-review-rodina-small-seconds-pictures-rodinawrist.jpg

Some specs:

So I'm thinking of taking the plunge on this watch. Any updated impressions on this after you bought it?

I'm also considering picking up the Cole Haan Lunargrand Wingtip. Anyone here have any impressions of them?

C10226_A.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Thoughts? Made of wool and cashmere. I'm just wondering if it'd be warm enough for winter. It's handmade as well. $240. Not sure if I want to spend that much, but the look has my eye.

il_570xN.435347293_jc68.jpg

Top Bottom