• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

goober

IMG_5655_1200-750x500.jpg

would you recommend wearing these with jeans? i kinda wanna pick these up as my daily shoe

or maybe these

Vans-California-Spring-2012-Wool-Pack.jpg

Hi Fahion-GAF. This is my first time posting in this thread here and I have lots of questions, will post pics eventually.

For starters, any recommendations on leather jackets? Preferably with a slim fit, and most importantly high arm holes. I hate when suits and jackets move as I raise my arms because they have low armholes, and any jacket I remotely like has this problem.

PotatoCat

would you recommend wearing these with jeans? i kinda wanna pick these up as my daily shoe

or maybe these
They look really nice, wish i bought those instead of the nikes. I think darker jeans would look good with them. If you have some chinos, those will look better.

Any GAFer here tried anything by Hanz de Fuko? just bought their new Claymation wax-clay hybrid. Cant wait for it to ship to my house.

Jordan

So Men's Fashion GAF, I am a complete disaster when it comes to fashion.

I am based in the UK and I am looking for a coat for use at work. My work attire is (most of you will shudder after reading a few pages) trousers, shirt and a hoody of various colours.

I unfortunately do not have any photographs but if requested I will try and take one, it is pretty unappealing by all standards but it keeps me warm and the boss doesn't mind it.

or maybe these
Honestly, I wouldn't wear those with jeans. At least not an indigo pair. I think they'll blend into each other too much.

Hi Fahion-GAF. This is my first time posting in this thread here and I have lots of questions, will post pics eventually.

For starters, any recommendations on leather jackets? Preferably with a slim fit, and most importantly high arm holes. I hate when suits and jackets move as I raise my arms because they have low armholes, and any jacket I remotely like has this problem.
Going to need more information than that. What kind of style? Traditional bomber? Moto? There are countless leather jacket styles (and colors), so it's hard to recommend you something just based on arm holes.

With that said, have you thought about sizing down? I would think that could remedy some of the issues you've been having.

I am based in the UK and I am looking for a coat for use at work. My work attire is (most of you will shudder after reading a few pages) trousers, shirt and a hoody of various colours.

I unfortunately do not have any photographs but if requested I will try and take one, it is pretty unappealing by all standards but it keeps me warm and the boss doesn't mind it.
What kind of coat do you mean? Overcoat? Blazer? Based on your current attire and what your intended use seems to be, a good blazer is probably the next item you should pick up. Start with grey or navy blue. Get one in a heavy wool if you're worried about warmth. If necessary, you can also layer a hooded sweatshirt underneath on your way to the office to say warm and take it off when you get in.

the words of someone that has never had his dick rub the inside of his thigh while in jeans. It's like having a rug burn on your cock.
Yeah commando is a total no-go in raw denim. It brings a whole new meaning to blue balls, and I'm not just talking about the indigo dye.

friday

Just got my Deep Indigos and wow these jeans are awesome (and stiff). The fit is pretty damn tight right now, but in a few weeks they are gonna be on point. I should mention that shopping through Blue Owl was a very nice experience. The detailed measurements and complementary hemming are a huge plus. Service was super fast too, they were hemmed and shipped the same day I ordered them. Gonna be ordering more stuff from them for sure.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone found any great slim fit peacoats? Been looking around and haven't found much. Doesn't need to be slim fit as long as it's a fitted look. My Uniqlo one is nice but it's baggy.

Preferably under $200.

MegalonJJ

Banned

If you're based in London, I would suggest booking an appointment at Maurice Sedwell and get yourself fitted for a beautiful donegal tweed blazer.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about peacoats but I have a Zara trenchcoat that I bought a few years ago for $300 that I absolutely adore. It fits really slim and I get a lot of compliments on it. Don't know what kind of outerwear they have this season but it's probably worth checking out some of their stores.

IceCold

Fuck man I need to revamp my entire wardrobe. I like to wear nice clothes and care about looking good but I also really hate shopping. I have no patience for it and find the experience very draining. If ever I become rich, the first thing I'm doing is hire someone to do it for me lol. So having said that, anybody from Montreal know of the best places to shop? Don't tell me Simons.

overcast

Well, it's to be expected. We are on a video game forum. You personally wear some of the crazier things, which you like, so go for it. If I saw a dude rocking that jacket I would give him props.

I couldn't, but I also can't drop 240 on any jacket.

haha stylefox you and your threads

Fuck man I need to revamp my entire wardrobe. I like to wear nice clothes and care about looking good but I also really hate shopping. I have no patience for it and find the experience very draining. If ever I become rich, the first thing I'm doing is hire someone to do it for me lol. So having said that, anybody from Montreal know of the best places to shop? Don't tell me Simons.
you can literally be reborn in montreal :p

but srsly, what kind of shit do you want to wear and how much do you want to spend on said shit?

I went back a few pages and didn't see anything, but does anybody here have any recommendations on winter hats?

All I've got now is a Minnesota Wild beanie and while I love it and it keeps me warm, it's a bit awkward to wear it to class wearing a dress shirt or something. Just doesn't really go well. I need something that can keep my ears warm but look somewhat decent. College student on a budget as well. I can probably max out at like $50-60, and I would like to keep it less.

Any help, fellas?

I went back a few pages and didn't see anything, but does anybody here have any recommendations on winter hats?

All I've got now is a Minnesota Wild beanie and while I love it and it keeps me warm, it's a bit awkward to wear it to class wearing a dress shirt or something. Just doesn't really go well. I need something that can keep my ears warm but look somewhat decent. College student on a budget as well. I can probably max out at like $50-60, and I would like to keep it less.

Any help, fellas?

AllSaints makes the best beanies if you ask me. It's right on the max of your budget but another one that's a lot cheaper is River Island beanies.

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/shop-accessories/#/filter_by:hats/

AllSaints makes the best beanies if you ask me. It's right on the max of your budget but another one that's a lot cheaper is River Island beanies.

http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/shop-accessories/#/filter_by:hats/

Those look pretty thin. Are they actually pretty warm?

I do really like the look of the Charcoal Marl one, though. I'll keep my eye on it.

Went to that River Island Beanies website you mentioned. Really like the look of this hat. I got one about a year or so ago in that same style but it was incredibly thin and might as well have been like wearing nothing.

you're in the midwest right? maybe a wool hunting cap with pull-down ear covers? Beyond that, when I lived in north dakota I just wore a heavy wool toque and ran to buildings in pain :p

edit: maybe something like this
https://www.woolrich.com/woolrich/m...map=false&productId=23613&categoryId=cat20001
??

North Dakota, actually. Like I said, I'm liking the look of that one I linked above(thanks to Fox). Might have to go with something like that.

IceCold

haha stylefox you and your threads

you can literally be reborn in montreal :p

but srsly, what kind of shit do you want to wear and how much do you want to spend on said shit?

Mmmh. It's hard for me to say but can tell you that I'm not a fan of the more Hipsterish styles or metrosexual look or of styles such as skinny pants + large/loose top combos. I'd rather clothes that are simple with patterns/colours than over complicated designs (like some g-star stuff) or shirts that have dumb sentences/images (jack & jones). I'm a big fan of clean looking jeans (think selvage). I'm in my early twenties so I guess I'm looking for something that is fun and not too uptight or professional. No tucked shirts for example, unless it's for a suit. My job has very casual dress code so I can pretty wear whatever I want.

For price, for the most part affordable, but I have no problem spending more for something I think is good quality, fits great and is more or less unique. Paying $50+ for some cheap ass g-star t-shirt at Simons simply because the brand name is written on it doesn't interest me for example.

happy socks have some real weird shit, about $12 a pair. giga will probably know some better options, though.

edit: wow, richer poorer has some cool stuff.

Check Happy Socks and Richer-Poorer, they're both fairly inexpensive

Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't have time to check out Express for those socks today so I'm gonna try tomorrow. If they're crap, Richer-Poorer has a fantastic selection so I'm gonna start from there.

Just got my Deep Indigos and wow these jeans are awesome (and stiff). The fit is pretty damn tight right now, but in a few weeks they are gonna be on point. I should mention that shopping through Blue Owl was a very nice experience. The detailed measurements and complementary hemming are a huge plus. Service was super fast too, they were hemmed and shipped the same day I ordered them. Gonna be ordering more stuff from them for sure.
Awesome. Glad to hear you dig those jeans. They'll probably loosen up by the end of the week honestly.

H&M doesn't appear to have any peacoats on their site at all. In fact they only have like 8 coats total. Hmm.

their isabel marant collab drops next month iirc and i'm pretty sure it includes coats for men so might be worth waiting for that? if the mmm one was anything to go by they could be discounted pretty soon too

Alucrid

Banned
their isabel marant collab drops next month iirc and i'm pretty sure it includes coats for men so might be worth waiting for that? if the mmm one was anything to go by they could be discounted pretty soon too

Oh god, I bet they have the sneakers, don't they?

Antagon

Anyone found any great slim fit peacoats? Been looking around and haven't found much. Doesn't need to be slim fit as long as it's a fitted look. My Uniqlo one is nice but it's baggy.

Preferably under $200.

Maybe this? Not exactly a traditional pea coat, but pretty close. 200 Euros on the EU Suit supply store, can't see the US price sadly.

Coats_Grey_Knitted_Jacket_V1301_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I'll check it out.

Maybe this? Not exactly a traditional pea coat, but pretty close. 200 Euros on the EU Suit supply store, can't see the US price sadly.

Coats_Grey_Knitted_Jacket_V1301_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

Hmm, do they have a US site?

Top Bottom