• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Maybe this? Not exactly a traditional pea coat, but pretty close. 200 Euros on the EU Suit supply store, can't see the US price sadly.

Coats_Grey_Knitted_Jacket_V1301_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

I love everything about this.

lupin23rd

Seems like Uniqlo finally got some thick knit sweaters in. I'm in need of some.

Glad I saw this post, selection seems to be better than last time I looked!

Blazer-GAF, thoughts on rocking a corduroy blazer (or hypothetically any sport coat) with any of the following:

- crew neck sweater (cashmere, cable-knit or not), no dress shirt underneath

- one of those quarter / half-zip sweaters, dress shirt underneath (or not)

- something similar to the zip above but with buttons (button-up sweater? not a long sleeve polo or cardigan lol)

Obviously the dress shirt or v-neck with dress shirt work but looking for something a little more casual and I'm not seeing turtlenecks in any colors I like (or even sure I like turtlenecks).

I see some disdain for the lack of collared shirt with a jacket so wanted to hear some thoughts.

Dont know if this has been posted yet but...

"Men's Wearhouse reportedly wants to buy shoemaker Allen Edmonds"

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/business/me...onds-b99126284z1-228843321.html#ixzz2iXLMLQqC

is that bad? it seems bad.
Seems like a step down for Allen Edmonds considering they're featured in a lot of higher end stores. Granted, it would be interesting to see what Men's Warehouse does with them, but I can't imagine there being much upside for Allen Edmonds outside of a nice payday initially. Either way I doubt it goes through.

Need to buy a new pair of shoes.

I was in Chicago the other week with my worn out Clarks. Threw them out and snagged these only because they were relatively cheap and my feet were seriously blistered from walking around so much with my Clarks

But they're a bit too "out there" for certain outfits so I'm looking for new shoes. Maybe boots, or wingtips... I want to buy Clarks again but I think I want to try something new first.

Suggestions? >$100?

hah oops didn't read very well.

boots are gonna be tough at $100 outside of something crepe soled like clarks. johnston and murphy has some stuff at $200 that isn't bad, but lower than that nothing comes to mind that I would want to recommend.

overcast

Band shirts are cool, man (depending on the shirt/band). Like Illithid said, throw a jacket over it Obviously dress depending on the scenario, sometimes it calls for a tshirt, and a band shirt is good enough.

Alucrid

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/MnYrelQ.jpg[IMG]

Like dis? I've always planned to wear them with jackets.

Hahah, I kind of ironically said I wanted the "Trying To Be Cool" shirt but my friend thought I was serious and bought it for me for my birthday...[/QUOTE]

yo i use clorox wipes too, thems the shit

Zekes!

Copped this today:

http://www.fourhorsemen.ca/products/noragi-paisley-embossed-indigo

Long story short originally this sold out like instantly, but I had my name taken down in case they did another run. I went in today and they apparently people passed on the small and it became available again so I decided to just get it. They're doing another run with two different washes, and I loved loved the light wash, but it's not dropping until next week and I doubted my chances of being able to snag it as they only made one per size.

I feel like this won't get enough love until spring when it's warmer, but I'm gonna see what I can maybe layer with it.

omgkitty

Bought my first pair of Clarks Chukka Boots this week and got them in last night. So yeah, they feel comfortable, but the heel feels loose and when I'm walking, it lifts a little bit. Is this normal? Unfortunately I've already worn them out, so I can't really return them. I also had to borrow some socks from my dad because I don't have any tall socks
yes, I am a heathen
and the ones I'm wearing are kinda thin. Maybe thicker socks? I don't know, I just can't really get them any tighter, especially with only two holes for strings.

Also, does anyone know a good place to buy dress socks online? I wear a size 15 and it's hard finding bigger socks.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Forever jealous of Zekes and Illith.

Got a few bucks for my birthday, so that's all the impetus I need to finally buy a few new things. brb goin' shoppin.

VoxPop

So I wanna order a couple of things from ASOS and I live in NYC. I'm leaving for Asia in 2 weeks and want to get the stuff before then. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get it to the states?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So I wanna order a couple of things from ASOS and I live in NYC. I'm leaving for Asia in 2 weeks and want to get the stuff before then. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get it to the states?

Just checked several of my past orders and it routinely takes 6 days (with the exception of one order) to go from shipping to arrival in Seattle, so roughly a week.

VoxPop

Just checked several of my past orders and it routinely takes 6 days (with the exception of one order) to go from shipping to arrival in Seattle, so roughly a week.

Awesome, thank you :)

Do you happen to know if the sizing is the same as in the US? Don't wanna order a bunch of stuff and realize it doesnt fit me having to return it :[

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Do you happen to know if the sizing is the same as in the US? Don't wanna order a bunch of stuff and realize it doesnt fit me having to return it :[

It's been a while since I've ordered from the UK branch, but I don't recall there being anything terribly out of whack with the sizing, aside from the knowledge that most of what they sell is cut for the lanky, thin types.

Bought my first pair of Clarks Chukka Boots this week and got them in last night. So yeah, they feel comfortable, but the heel feels loose and when I'm walking, it lifts a little bit. Is this normal? Unfortunately I've already worn them out, so I can't really return them. I also had to borrow some socks from my dad because I don't have any tall socks
yes, I am a heathen
and the ones I'm wearing are kinda thin. Maybe thicker socks? I don't know, I just can't really get them any tighter, especially with only two holes for strings.

Also, does anyone know a good place to buy dress socks online? I wear a size 15 and it's hard finding bigger socks.
They're probably just too big. Did you buy them in your sneaker size? Cause typically you'll want to go down at least a half size with boots, if not a whole size.

As for a way to remedy that, thicker socks would work (maybe a raglan wool?). You can also double/triple sock. Your feet are going to be sweating like mad but it's worth a shot. If there's ever a time of year to do it in, it's now.

I have a similar sweater and have done colors along these lines:

tE4ey1m.jpg
That right there would be a wonderful outfit. Makes me wish I had more color in my wardrobe.

Got this in the mail today:

One of those "ninja" sweaters from ARSNL that Jackthreads always has.

It's actually surprisingly good!

The fit and finish feels fine, it took me a long ass time to figure out how to use the balaclava looking thing. The only negative thing about it is the balaclava ruins your hair since you gotta pull it over your head. But yeah other than that, I quite like them.

Top Bottom