• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Moobabe

They may not be fashionable, but they're an item of necessity right now.

Any UK GAF know a place I can get Harem pants quickly? Amazon's dispatch on them is like 23 days and I have no idea what stores sell them

omgkitty

They're probably just too big. Did you buy them in your sneaker size? Cause typically you'll want to go down at least a half size with boots, if not a whole size.

As for a way to remedy that, thicker socks would work (maybe a raglan wool?). You can also double/triple sock. Your feet are going to be sweating like mad but it's worth a shot. If there's ever a time of year to do it in, it's now.

After getting used to them yesterday, I'm actually more used to them now and they seem to be more comfortable. There's no way I could have gone a size down or a half size. I wear a 15, so I would have needed to go to a 14.

They may not be fashionable, but they're an item of necessity right now.

Any UK GAF know a place I can get Harem pants quickly? Amazon's dispatch on them is like 23 days and I have no idea what stores sell them
topman has stuff like this but I assume this is for a costume and you don't want to pay $80 or something.

So some peeps on Reddit are saying Peacoats are out of the style now...
that's kind of a weird thing to say. Sure, maybe they have reached a critical mass in terms of fashion awareness on the internet*, but it's a pretty classic wardrobe staple, and it's not like everyone and their mom is rocking peacoats out in the wild.

*This actually happened like 4 years ago but w/e

Field

I'm considering this jacket. Any opinions on it guys?
AyE0NN5.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Man, I have become really comfortable with wearing beeswax Clarks or brown Sperrys everywhere. But I really want to get some white or grey shoes. Maybe Nikes with a red label like this.

The thing is, I don't know how good it would look. And keeping white shoes clean probably sucks. I just want to stray from earth colors like I tend to stick with.

friday

Went to the new uniqlo in Brooklyn today. It was small compared to the other NYC stores, only one floor. The selection was really limited outside of the things they were highlighting. Place was a madhouse too, but I got an ultra light down jacket for cheap and some good jeans for $20. I dig their cheap jeans.

Those MA-1s are nice but the fits on those style jackets can really vary. I know it says "tight fit" so hopefully it's slim in the body, but with that design you never really know till you get it.

With that said, I'd totally get myself one in maroon. Looks great.

soultron

Banned
Those MA-1s are nice but the fits on those style jackets can really vary. I know it says "tight fit" so hopefully it's slim in the body, but with that design you never really know till you get it.

With that said, I'd totally get myself one in maroon. Looks great.
Yeah. I feel that's why the reissue version was made, after looking at the fit description.

I wish I would've kept the one my older sister bought in the '90s. I eventually inherited it but have no idea where it is now. It was perfect black/orange. Probably had the puffy fit though, looking back.

Joe

If you wear glasses and know your prescription and roughly what dimensions of frames fit you then Coastal.com is having a "up to 50% off" sale.

They have a lot of frames that are meh, but there are some nice gems in there if you look.

I'm looking at these for $35 or these for $80.

If you've never ordered there, you can get your first pair for free (comes out to about $15 with S&H). Way, way better quality than Zenni, faster shipping, and free returns if you don't like them.

The selection of the "first pair free" might not be as good as the "up to 50% off" sale selection.

Where's good to buy suits from in the UK? Budget is ~£300.

I started work recently and I need more than 2 suits. I bought a couple from next which I'm pretty happy with, £99 and £179 ranges.

But now I want something a little bit higher quality. I've seen SuitSupply mentioned, will definitely go and have a look but what are the other options? TM Lewin seem to be popular. I bought some shirts from Charles Thyrwhitt which I'm very happy with so I'll head down there and see how their suits are too. Anywhere else?

entremet

What's up fashion GAFfers.

I'm looking for another blazer to compliment my Navy workhorse.

What are good second options after the classic Navy blazer?

Top Bottom