• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

yukinon

hi bros, long time lurker here

gx5myvJl.jpg

trying to decide if I want this suit:

539145_509761322451612_1029092601_n.jpg

It's by Nicolas Andreas Taralis, and cut super slim, Dior Homme style. The fabric is some sort of japanese paper/ wool blend, and it's only 400 euros, down from a retail price of 2k. Thoughts?

Sigh I was really thinking about it if I got this job offer...but they said they wouldn't be able to hire me until January :(
All the more reason to put it on the credit card... and pay it off January.

So I guess I am going to a ballet in December. I have no idea what to wear. Should I just suit up?
I think a ballet is pretty formal. I've never been to one but that's the image I have in my head anyway.

If you own any shawl collar/dinner jacket/uber dressy apparel I say wear it. A bow tie is another option.
hi bros, long time lurker here

gx5myvJl.jpg
Looking good, man. Welcome.

All the more reason to put it on the credit card... and pay it off January.

I think a ballet is pretty formal. I've never been to one but that's the image I have in my head anyway.

If you own any shawl collar/dinner jacket/uber dressy apparel I say wear it. A bow tie is another option.

Looking good, man. Welcome.

I already told my date I am wearing a bowtie. She can't say shit about it.

I m trying to get pussy tho... :(

She already called me a hipster because I want that entire look from the picture of the dude in the grey peacoat.

MogCakes

I've ordered a few collared shirts (Korean I believe) off Amazon, they look incredibly nice. So nice, that I'm hesitant to wear them because no one else in my area looks that nice all the time.

giga

trying to decide if I want this suit:

539145_509761322451612_1029092601_n.jpg

It's by Nicolas Andreas Taralis, and cut super slim, Dior Homme style. The fabric is some sort of japanese paper/ wool blend, and it's only 400 euros, down from a retail price of 2k. Thoughts?
No idea what japanese paper is, but don't buy blends. Especially at that price.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been to the ballet twice and it wasn't really all that formal. Depends on which ballet you go to I guess, I went to the American Ballet Theater in Brooklyn and it was totes casual.

Anyway I need a nice bomber jacket, I'm thinking either leather or a print. Any suggestions?

I've tried on a paper/wool marc jacobs blazer before, had an interesting texture. No idea about longevity. That said, taralis canvasses his suits so it will be well constructed.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
budget-conscious fall purchases 2nite: dirty mirror edition

IMG_1711_zpsaf6054ba.jpg

Orange sweatshirt and button-up are Obey and Ben Sherman, respectively, and are made out of some crazy soft shit that feels like I'm wearing a kitten.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, pretty close. Obey doesn't seem to do XS (none that I've ever seen, at least) so I went with a small, but I like sweatshirts to be a touch roomy anyhow.

Their button-ups always fit me like a garbage bag, so this was a pleasant surprise.

jesalr

Picked up some Bonobos, when people say to go a size down they really aren't kidding are they? I usually need a belt with 33s, but I feel like I could fit another person into these. Comfy as all fucking hell though, and I didn't get hit with any import duty either.

I went to the ballet at Lincoln Center a few weeks ago, just dressed business casual -- blazer, scarf, white oxford, jcrew 484s. I don't think you really need to "dress up" but I don't believe you can be overdressed in a situation like that.

Just put a bid on a DH AW06 Tuxedo Blazer on ebay. I'm a little worried about size, because though the shoulders are supposed to be 41.5cm, the size of the blazer is listed at 48. At $400, though, I figure that if it doesn't fit me, I can just sell it off.

yes I feel that picture does not accurately represent how calvin klein collection fits. it's much sharper and refined. that said, I don't know if I would want a velvet blazer with two buttons for nighttime use. I think one button is better. But I am not sure.

oh velvet master, what are your thoughts?

Top Bottom