• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

That sucks, I think my brother is in the same boat. Is it delayed until next semester or just a few weeks? Or, hopefully not, gone into the ether?

He should get it Friday if he got all the paper work submitted before the first of last month.

This is bullshit man how can they just delay the GI Bill?

They're actully behind this semester because of all the people that got out of active duty since last fall. It's the highest rate of ETS' personal to ever apply in a semester.

yeah he should be good then, he just got out a couple months ago haha.

and in the grand ol tradition of marines, was married for about 6 months to some crazy chick too ;)

Thoughts?

le-rockwood-sneakers-addict-nike-run-to-fly-collection-01.jpg
I like them

MegalonJJ

Banned
yes I feel that picture does not accurately represent how calvin klein collection fits. it's much sharper and refined. that said, I don't know if I would want a velvet blazer with two buttons for nighttime use. I think one button is better. But I am not sure.

oh velvet master, what are your thoughts?

Well, of course, you'd only do up the top button, however with regards to one button or two button, it comes down to your preference (similarly, single vent or side vents).

(I dislike the lapels on that jacket too).

If you're not..."brave/fully comfortable"....enough with velvet yet, that shade is probably too light. Go for a darker (green/blue) shade. (You can further dress it down with a simple, dark round neck/roll neck jumper, and black trousers/jeans).

Ultimately, as the saying goes, the man makes the clothes.

Edit: Here's an example

312450_mrp_ou_l.jpg

Not a fan of peak lapels? or are they too small/large? And I'm not really afraid of velvet, I think that jacket would look nice with grey tuxedo pants and loafers.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Not a fan of peak lapels? or are they too small/large? And I'm not really afraid of velvet, I think that jacket would look nice with grey tuxedo pants and loafers.

I like both peak and notch lapels.

It's more because the guy modelling it has poor structure/build, so it's ruining the symmetry of jacket and therefore making it look as though the lapels are uneven (on the left the lapel is almost higher than his trap...lol).

Generally with velvet blazers I prefer small (slim-width) lapels. I like the large lapels too, but I don't know if I would have them on velvet blazers (imo they would be suited to a double breasted velvet blazer more so than a single breasted).

It would look nice with your combination, just depends on how formal/smart you'd want to wear it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sooo I posted a few weeks ago about a wedding I needed outfits for. Thanks to Luckyboy for the advice, I appreciate it bro. I'm pretty much all set, wedding is on Saturday.

Morning part: Will be adding a tie, not sure which yet
OPIY6dt.jpg

Night party without the bowtie:
IcbHEuY.jpg

Night party, shirt and Bow Tie:
VlNm9EC.jpg

Still practicing the art of tying a bow tie. I'll be sure to get a good one. I also ordered the Bow Tie from http://www.thetiebar.com/. Great site. Tons of different ties to choose from. They're all 15$. I got the Midnight blue one with light stripes. It's also wool. The tie is very nice. Great quality.

Got a brown belt which is not pictured. Pants are dark grey, shirts are light grey and pink. Sweater is a deep red. Macy's had a crazy sale so I got everything for pretty cheap. Pants were like half off for 80. Shirts were buy one get one free.(60$) Sweater was on sale from 80 to 40.

Overall I'm pretty excited for this wedding. This is actually the most comfortable I feel as far as how I'm dressed for a wedding in a long time. Thoughts?

Tashi looking fresh brother! Great pick ups. You did well. The bow tie in particular is fantastic, looks great on you.

Now to add a few more pieces to your wardrobe and you'll be hooked on fashion.

I don't know who makes r&b shoes but they look pretty cool. I'm in a similar boot situation:

317342012121495217383135_L.jpg

mark mcnairy... I dig the natural tanned welt but I don't know if that will look like shit in a couple of months.

why is lookbook.nu so oppresively terrible.

stylezeitgeist makes me want to become gothninja

i like black desert boots/ chukkas, lucky, but something about those rubs me the wrong way. opening ceremony makes nice desert boots for basically the same price that i think look much nicer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Who would have thought the navy blue chinos I bought at Gordman's for like $10 for my Halloween costume would work out awesome for work.

I've apparently been doing it all wrong spending $50+ on work pants...

lupin23rd

Not really up-to-date on my tie matching technique, is this tie something to wear with a nice dark brown or navy winter jacket or should I steer towards other non-matching colors?

3603988_34_D_215.jpg

VoxPop

Just got an entire bag of things from ASOS before my trip. God damn these skinny chinos are skinny. Not bad though. Gonna return one of the jackets and hit up soho later today to find a replacement jacket and maybe pick up a pair of denim.

First time ordering from them. Mostly a good experience. Really quick 2 day delivery considering its coming from the UK.

I would say no more than 300$. I want to wear these casually. So ideally, around 150$.
If you want to wear them casually, I'd go with full brogues over more formal wingtips. aldo mr b has some brogue longwings that would look good with jeans/etc:

I've seen a few of them in person and they are put together decently; about $170 or something.

Further up the chain is johnston & murphy, florsheim, and allen edmonds (the latter being the best in this range)

edit: you can also try discount sites like yoox etc.

Fou-Lu

So it's started to snow where I live, recs on winter boots that are actually fashionable? (As well as any other winter items, I'm trying to build up a more year round wardrobe here)

trixx

I'm new here i think?
I was looking to get a new winter coat. I want something that is more everyday style nothing dressy and i don't want a bomber. I'm actually a fan of some of the adidas jackets(i hate myself for not hopping on the 50% sale they had last week). Anyways what are some of your takes on their jacket, any jackets with similar look(parka style) anyone you think i should get?

I'd say that $250 is my limit, i'm a broke student and i still need clothes

edit: from looking at op, this thread is way too fashionable for me

Antagon

So it's started to snow where I live, recs on winter boots that are actually fashionable? (As well as any other winter items, I'm trying to build up a more year round wardrobe here)

If you can afford it, Red Wing heritage and Wolverine 1000 mile has some really nice options.

Nearly got these, but decided against them at the last moment because they're a bit too situational for the 200 Euros that they cost.
Did end up getting a pair of Filippa K chukka's though.

Top Bottom