• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

thoughts on these boots?

and kind of color scheme to fashion it with?

qbkcaGP.jpg

http://www.riverisland.com/men/shoes--boots/boots/Black-contrast-panel-military-boots-272944
They're a little too busy for me. The silhouette is nice but I think they'd look better without all the detailing going on.

Has anyone ever had any dealings with Paul Smith customer services, well after their purchase date?

Bought a pair of shoes (well, rather ankle boots) in June 2012, and having only worn them a handful of times (about seven), the sole is coming apart. What's worse is that the times I have worn them, have only been indoors 99% of the time, during the evenings (I've never worn them in rain, due to the leather soles). They were pricey too.

Da fuq is up with that. I've got other, less expensive, PS shoes which I wear day in, day out for well over a year and they're going strong.

Angry email or what? Mr Hare shoes have godlike post purchase care (i.e. replacing a pair of shoes for a minor fault, a year well after the purchase date).
Do you live near one of their stores? If so, probably the best thing to do is to go in and show them your issue in person. Otherwise an email/call is your best bet.

I'd imagine they'd be understanding, although June 2012 really is pretty far back.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Do you live near one of their stores? If so, probably the best thing to do is to go in and show them your issue in person. Otherwise an email/call is your best bet.

I'd imagine they'd be understanding, although June 2012 really is pretty far back.

There is a store nearby, although I bought them on the online store.

Hmmm, I'll visit the store and see what they say. Or just send a firm email to customer services.

overcast

I already bought that polka dot pattern short sleeve button up, might buy another pattern (different one of course) it's short sleeve and a different color.

Am I just paranoid/wrong for thinking that I'm retreading ground?

hard to tell what's going on in that picture; but they look like chisel-toed cuban heeled boots of some kind

I already bought that polka dot pattern short sleeve button up, might buy another pattern (different one of course) it's short sleeve and a different color.

Am I just paranoid/wrong for thinking that I'm retreading ground?
you really can't have too many buttonups. they're always useful.

overcast

Are you in any part of OC by chance?
Not yet. I live in Temecula if you have any idea where that is. I go to LA/OC quite a bit though. I am also planning to transfer from my community college to either CSUF or Cal Poly Pomona. That'll be in Fall 2015 though.

LJ11

Not sure if this belongs here, but what the hell.

Want to get a nice leather gym bag for someone, any suggestions, looking to spend a couple of hundred.

Not sure if this belongs here, but what the hell.

Want to get a nice leather gym bag for someone, any suggestions, looking to spend a couple of hundred.
I was gonna suggest coach and jack spade, but the former is much more expensive than i thought (~$600), and the latter just has deer suede as an option, not something I would want to inflict a lot of environments on.

Would a nice canvas/leather combo work? There are several options in the 200-300 range.

overcast

Whats the trends for winter coats, bomber jackets?
I was probably going to get a bomber this winter. No coats for me.

Think my confidence has stepped up. Naturally, I kept getting clothes that I like and I just think I'm wearing them better than I have before. Sat next to a girl on a whim in class, and I just added her on FB. Just feeling it today maybe.

So, thanks a lot guys.

LJ11

I was gonna suggest coach and jack spade, but the former is much more expensive than i thought (~$600), and the latter just has deer suede as an option, not something I would want to inflict a lot of environments on.

Would a nice canvas/leather combo work? There are several options in the 200-300 range.

Yeah, it would do, 200-300 is fine, i just need some options. Thought about Jack as well, and regret missing out on a sale they had a month or so ago, should have jumped on it then but wasn't sure at the time. Thanks for looking out, appreciate any and all help.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I think my record was around -30 and it was almost an entire week of mornings like that. One morning, a part of my car's engine physically broke off and fell on the ground when I tried to start it.

Nice. Is the base nice? I use to get sad when I went to Air Force bases. They were always nice compared to Army bases.
base was alright, housing was pretty bad, even for officers. apparently buckley is pretty ballin.

I think my record was around -30 and it was almost an entire week of mornings like that. One morning, a part of my car's engine physically broke off and fell on the ground when I tried to start it.
yeah, I had to plug my car in to keep the engine from freezing solid. even then it still sounded like it was dying.

Top Bottom