• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

You rocking that bow tie my man? You got this either way. Act natural and cool, obviously.

Alright, thanks man. Seems like it would go with a lot of colors. Also, you ever put button ups under it?
J
When am I ever not cool? This is the first time a date has made me nervous in years.

mblitek

I could friggin' cry! Ugh.

I got my brand spankin new A.E. Daltons in Walnut yesterday! It was a mission and a half. Phoning all over, finally I call Allen Edmonds 1-800 number and they search their North American stock for me. Which I should've done in the first place, duh. Finding Size 15s is...hard. I live near Toronto and the store is in Phoenix. So to avoid duty I ship from them to my friend's Aunts house in Maryland, then wait for her to come up to Toronto, finally got them yesterday.

They look awesome! Smell great!

Bad news.

My housekeeper/nurse let water drop on the top of them right at the side where you put your foot in! Probably a little bigger than a quarter size water stain mark is left :( I'm gutted because they weren't even 8hours old-sniff!

So my question is, is there anything I can do? I have the Allen Edmonds Walnut polish. Or am I out of luck?

Alucrid

Banned
I could friggin' cry! Ugh.

I got my brand spankin new A.E. Daltons in Walnut yesterday! It was a mission and a half. Phoning all over, finally I call Allen Edmonds 1-800 number and they search their North American stock for me. Which I should've done in the first place, duh. Finding Size 15s is...hard. I live near Toronto and the store is in Phoenix. So to avoid duty I ship from them to my friend's Aunts house in Maryland, then wait for her to come up to Toronto, finally got them yesterday.

They look awesome! Smell great!

Bad news.

My housekeeper/nurse let water drop on the top of them right at the side where you put your foot in! Probably a little bigger than a quarter size water stain mark is left :( I'm gutted because they weren't even 8hours old-sniff!

So my question is, is there anything I can do? I have the Allen Edmonds Walnut polish. Or am I out of luck?

Are they suede or are you saying that the mark is on the inside of the shoe?

Alright, thanks man. Seems like it would go with a lot of colors. Also, you ever put button ups under it?
I do it occasionally. Not really my style but it definitely works. Just play around with it and see what you like.

The style/color is super versatile so you shouldn't have any problems finding things that go with it.

J
When am I ever not cool? This is the first time a date has made me nervous in years.
That's a good sign, dude. Usually means she's actually worthwhile. Good luck and let us know how the bow tie goes.

I do it occasionally. Not really my style but it definitely works. Just play around with it and see what you like.

The style/color is super versatile so you shouldn't have any problems finding things that go with it.

That's a good sign, dude. Usually means she's actually worthwhile. Good luck and let us know how the bow tie goes.

I misunderstood her. The bow tie is for the ballet. Yeah I all ready have plans go to a ballet with her.

overcast

Ah okay. I'll try out a few things this week if it gets any cooler.

Thanks man. Appreciated.
J
Obviously. That's probably a good thing though. Clearly this girl has some pull.

That was a bust. I'm home before midnight because she has to get back to the sorority house for some shit.

Edit: in other news I like the APC jeans I bought. I think I need the black ones now.

h3ro

I'm looking for some quality lighter wash denim jeans in a slim fit. Any recommendations? Getting tired of my dark selvage and wanted to change it up a bit with a light shade of blue.
Already picked up the Land's End 608 jeans in that gorgeous green during their recent sale, looking forward to those coming in soon. :)
Looking to add a waistcoat to a grey suit I own. Something wintery. Any suggestions?
TSB did a feature recently on adding vests to suits to create custom 3 piece suits. Some nice inspiration there.

TSB - The Odd Vest

I feel like I'm in a rut. I wanna try a different overall style to change things. Can you makeover me?
You know the answer to this problem already.

#teamwhitepants #teamtucked

I'm looking for some quality lighter wash denim jeans in a slim fit. Any recommendations? Getting tired of my dark selvage and wanted to change it up a bit with a light shade of blue.
Already picked up the Land's End 608 jeans in that gorgeous green during their recent sale, looking forward to those coming in soon. :)
Do you want an actual wash or just lighter raws?

I'd prefer a washed denim that's softer this time around.
Ehh I don't know much about washed denim, unfortunately. If you're looking for high quality stuff, I know that kind of style is popular amongst the high-end Italian designers. Otherwise I'm sure Levi's offers some washes.

I need some black jeans.
I absolutely love my Naked & Famous Solid Black. Had them for about 2 years and they look great. Solid weight, good construction, good price.

Plenty of other options available as well of course. Just look around.

I'm drunk so I need someone to explain that sizing. 32 are actually 34s?

* Size 28 (30" waist, 10" rise, 11.25" thigh, 7.75" knee, 35.5" inseam, 6.75" leg opening)
* Size 29 (31" waist, 10.25" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7" leg opening)
* Size 30 (32" waist, 10.5" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.25" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7" leg opening)
* Size 31 (33" waist, 10.75" rise, 11.75" thigh, 8.5" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.25" leg opening)
* Size 32 (34" waist, 10.75" rise, 12" thigh, 8.75" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.5" leg opening)
* Size 33 (35" waist, 11" rise, 12.5" thigh, 8.75" knee, 35.5" inseam, 7.75" leg opening)
* Size 34 (36" waist, 11" rise, 12.75" thigh, 9.25" knee, 35.5" inseam, 8" leg opening)
* Size 36 (38" waist, 11.25" rise, 13" thigh, 9.5" knee, 35.5" inseam, 8.25" leg opening)

Yeah, they run 2" bigger than tag size. Just adjust your size accordingly, and don't forget to account for the .5"-1" of stretch you'll get in the waist.

If you're not comfortable with that, the Rogue Territory Stealth's are another good option. That's an LA brand, you can probably find them all over the place where you are if you don't want to order them online. 3Sixteen is another local option as well.

Yo, random question. Anyone know where I can find a nice cardigan with a hood?

Edit: Jeans bought. Sober me is going to pissed off tomorrow. Fuck it though.

h3ro

Ehh I don't know much about washed denim, unfortunately. If you're looking for high quality stuff, I know that kind of style is popular amongst the high-end Italian designers. Otherwise I'm sure Levi's offers some washes.

Any raw denim recommendations in a lighter tone/fabric?

honestly, it's sort of sad that atelier is closing. not my aesthetic, but you can't help but respect a store that was so integral to the formation of a whole new style.

all 44s or 46's ;______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________;

honestly the only hl stuff I still lust after is the following:

cotton/silk denim (both jackets and jeans)

dropped/bondage ma-1

Want to get a new jacket. I think the Northface one I've had since high school is a little out of style.

I want one that actually functions. I live in the southeast, so it doesn't get freezing, but I have a fairly low tolerance for cold, and the Northface was serviceable in that regard, although stronger winds could get uncomfortable. Also, pockets. I like them. Water resistance is a plus. Has to be comfortable, flexible. The cheaper the better, but I would actually like to have a jacket that looks decent.

Something rugged, outdoorsy. I live in a rural area. No wool, big-button urban stuff.

I was kind of thinking of just getting an M-65 military jacket, but I'm worried it will come off as less of a casual, utilitarian coat, and more of a lame attempt at counter-culture, Walter White rip-off, or crazed gunman.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mblitek

Want to get a new jacket. I think the Northface one I've had since high school is a little out of style.

I want one that actually functions. I live in the southeast, so it doesn't get freezing, but I have a fairly low tolerance for cold, and the Northface was serviceable in that regard, although stronger winds could get uncomfortable. Also, pockets. I like them. Water resistance is a plus. Has to be comfortable, flexible. The cheaper the better, but I would actually like to have a jacket that looks decent.

Something rugged, outdoorsy. I live in a rural area. No wool, big-button urban stuff.

I was kind of thinking of just getting an M-65 military jacket, but I'm worried it will come off as less of a casual, utilitarian coat, and more of a lame attempt at counter-culture, Walter White rip-off, or crazed gunman.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think Fjallraven is your calling. It's not common, durable product, actually used in "the field" and definitely of quality. I like this one:

http://www.fjallraven.us/collections/jackets/products/ovik-lite-jacket

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
WTF did I order last night?

Dior glitter jeans, amirite

P1280779.jpg

MegalonJJ

Banned
Has anyone ever had any dealings with Paul Smith customer services, well after their purchase date?

Bought a pair of shoes (well, rather ankle boots) in June 2012, and having only worn them a handful of times (about seven), the sole is coming apart. What's worse is that the times I have worn them, have only been indoors 99% of the time, during the evenings (I've never worn them in rain, due to the leather soles). They were pricey too.

Da fuq is up with that. I've got other, less expensive, PS shoes which I wear day in, day out for well over a year and they're going strong.

Angry email or what? Mr Hare shoes have godlike post purchase care (i.e. replacing a pair of shoes for a minor fault, a year well after the purchase date).

Top Bottom