• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

friday

Whats the trends for winter coats, bomber jackets?

Insulated things for when it get real cold. I got a uniqlo ultra light down jacket that I can wear under more stylish things for warmth. When it really gets cold I break out my all black gortex Patagonia shell with a thick wool shirt jacket under that.

Zekes!

I really need to invest in a good winter jacket. Despite it being pretty mild in my part of Canada, I fucking hate the cold.

winter boots (or at least waterproof boots for the rain) and a down jacket. Next year I swear to God I'll buy them

kaskade

Went to Uniqlo but I didn't really need anything, plus I just bought a PS4. Ended up getting this flannel though. I liked the print and they are pretty damn soft for the price.

XJcQHEq.jpg

Eanan

Went to Uniqlo but I didn't really need anything, plus I just bought a PS4. Ended up getting this flannel though. I liked the print and they are pretty damn soft for the price.

For a minute there I thought that was a flannel gilet...

PotatoCat

Guys I want more 5 panel/camper hats. Any recommendations? I like something with a pattern and that's it lol.

Thinking about going with the Nike Digi-Floral 5 panel because I already have the shoes that matches them.

lupin23rd

Anyone out there potentially able to help out a Canadian grab something from Uniqlo? (or let me know if there are some good proxies for ordering from outside the US?)

I ordered a few sweaters from the Japanese store (along with some stuff from Beams) through a proxy, and a few of the things were a bit big. That was mostly my fault, since I initially ordered based on my existing size (the right choice), and then added a few things in a size up because I thought my existing size was feeling a little tight. There was one sweater in particular that came out to be far too big, and I see it's out of stock in Japan but available in all sizes in the US. Still on the fence but thinking of getting a size down...

From what I gather Uniqlo won't ship to Canada, or to a PO Box, and won't accept a Canadian card so I seem to be SOL on this one.

Blackhead

Redarse
Anyone out there potentially able to help out a Canadian grab something from Uniqlo? (or let me know if there are some good proxies for ordering from outside the US?)

I ordered a few sweaters from the Japanese store (along with some stuff from Beams) through a proxy, and a few of the things were a bit big. That was mostly my fault, since I initially ordered based on my existing size (the right choice), and then added a few things in a size up because I thought my existing size was feeling a little tight. There was one sweater in particular that came out to be far too big, and I see it's out of stock in Japan but available in all sizes in the US. Still on the fence but thinking of getting a size down...

From what I gather Uniqlo won't ship to Canada, or to a PO Box, and won't accept a Canadian card so I seem to be SOL on this one.

suddenlee
http://putthison.com/post/20065508253/how-does-suddenlee-work-after-my-post-on-monday

fashion Gaf, i am hoping to score some affordable durable Jeans during black friday sales, preferably a levis 505 or something..what are my options, retail store wise..

JonCha

What's an A.P.C size four equate to for men? Can't see that eize listed in thei site, but founded a men's coarse with the label saying "4".

Just got the midnight power stretches (finally) for 105 bucks which is a discount worth the wait. Bad news is the black power stretch crotch is finally blown so I gotta get those again at some point.

Fashion-GAF, I need a solid recommendation. I'm looking for a leather folio/briefcase type thing to carry my documents in. I'm thinking brown leather, but open to suggestions. $80-$250 price range. What ya got? Something that'll look nice as hell but still be safe enough for a business banker.

Got a new sportcoat for my 10 year HS reunion later this week.

Here is the jacket
Dyejw1ll.jpg

Here is the Fabric
o1mWdJzl.jpg

I've got to find a top to go with it. I'm wearing black slim or skinny jeans. I'm thinking of getting a black dress shirt or possibly going with a very dark grey sweater. What do you all think?

Antagon

Got a new sportcoat for my 10 year HS reunion later this week.

Here is the jacket
Dyejw1ll.jpg

Here is the Fabric
o1mWdJzl.jpg

I've got to find a top to go with it. I'm wearing black slim or skinny jeans. I'm thinking of getting a black dress shirt or possibly going with a very dark grey sweater. What do you all think?

I'd go with a lighter shirt. White or maybe some pastel tints. Also, you should get that sports coat tailored, the arms look way too long.
I dig the fabric though.

Yea the sleeves are long, they go down almost to the start of my thumbs. I got the regular version of the jacket as it was a better overall fit, while the short version of the jacket's sleeves were a great length, it was too short in the jacket itself for my frame. The reunion is on Wednesday and I work from 8 to 4:30 M, T, and W this week so getting it tailored might be a little tough with my schedule.

overcast

I got AE jeans for 25 dollars, which is a pretty good deal. My black ones worked out super well, so I don't regret my investment. Don't judge me. (50 dollars is a rip off for them though).

My DH destroyed sweater came in today. Pretty nice, but every time I see a high end sweater not in cashmere I think it's a missed oppertunity. Has anyone ever put on a cashmere sweater and wished it was wool?

depends on the wool, but I would generally take a long-staple high-twist wool over a short-staple blobby cashmere. I mean obviously both is better, but if I had to choose I would choose wool for durability. A lot of cashmere is a disappointment in that regard.

Mumei

I like this cardigan, but I'm worried about sizing since I've never bought from ASOS. If I am ~5'7", would a small be safe from them?

Edit: Oh. It is out of stock. Guess I'll try some other time. :x

Hedge

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone know of a european Ralph Lauren shop/webstore that ships internationally? I'm looking for a specific gilet in a specific colour (botanic green Epson gilet), and their official store does not ship internationally, nor does House of Fraser have it stocked, which is the only place I know of whose inventory is relatively up to date.

GiJoccin

I like this cardigan, but I'm worried about sizing since I've never bought from ASOS. If I am ~5'7", would a small be safe from them?

Edit: Oh. It is out of stock. Guess I'll try some other time. :x

i've got that one in medium, fits me pretty well, i'm 6'2 and average i guess

small would be safe, depends on how you want to wear it, it'll stretch with time, so if you want a more fitted look, small

Top Bottom