• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

anyone have any good sweatpants that kind of taper? I don't like them swishing around my ankles

If you don't mind dropping $200 for sweatpants, Acne makes some amazing ones.

2HD131-990_A_694.jpg

Also, I'm $1500 into my $2000 SLP blazer fund, which means I have to start asking myself some important questions. Do I get a peaked lapel tuxedo blazer, or just a normal blazer? I mean, it's acceptable to wear a tux blazer casually now, right?

If you don't mind dropping $200 for sweatpants, Acne makes some amazing ones.

Also, I'm $1500 into my $2000 SLP blazer fund, which means I have to start asking myself some important questions. Do I get a peaked lapel tuxedo blazer, or just a normal blazer? I mean, it's acceptable to wear a tux blazer casually now, right?
I'm not quite at that level yet. give me a couple of raises and maybe

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sweatpants are...eh. No matter how many layers you wear under them, there's always an unfortunate bulge that makes you look like a horny slob.

Recently, I got my first pairs of sunglasses, like, ever. Got a set of prescription sunglasses cause my eyes are awful, and a set of Ray-Ban Wayfarers for when I have contacts in.

Surprisingly, I think I look quite good in both sets. At least, that's what I've been told. The Wayfarers are really nice. Tortoiseshell. Off eBay, total cost me $100 including shipping and stuff.

Apparently Wayfarers look good on everybody though, so lol.

tumblr_mb6a1kUv8T1ruvpwjo1_500.gif

please abuse mod powers and add this to the op

How?

deadly cyclone getting girls

macuser making babies

illithid is 'sexually active'

luckyboy catching stray bullets

secretmoblin being kept alive far past his shelf life

#thatpower

X-Frame

Hey everyone, I'm interested in replacing my watch strap on my Orient Aviator watch:

m3Xr8XHLSPecUVXOgyqiVAQ.jpg

But I'm not sure which one to go with. I like Long Island Watch, and HERE is there selection.

Is there any particular style or brand that you'd recommend?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hah. It's just a pair of sneakers I posted b/c there was so much black/white/grey being bandied about.

I'm okay with this thread because poors like myself can coexist with dudes like Illith and Jet Jaguar who go around dropping 4 digits on an article of clothing.

p.s. #gladmanshionisdead

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Has anyone here bought an okay/nice bag on eBay? Just looking for seller recommendations.

Looking for something minimalist and preferably leather or canvas. I need it for a laptop and a few other things, so a briefcase or messenger shape would be great.

Mumei

Any y'all little duders in here? I'm 5'7" ~120 lbs and it's a pain in the ass finding threads ever. Uniqlo XS button downs are a fucking god send though, fit is perfect for me. Jeans/pants are another animal though.

While I do not typically refer to myself as a 'duder,' I am 5'7" and 125. I've long noticed that a lot of less expensive brands seem to be made for a different body shape than mine, and it's something that has bothered me for a long time. I've only recently broken down and started trying to fix my wardrobe issues, though.

I'll have to look into Uniqlo, though!

Antagon

Hah. It's just a pair of sneakers I posted b/c there was so much black/white/grey being bandied about.

I'm okay with this thread because poors like myself can coexist with dudes like Illith and Jet Jaguar who go around dropping 4 digits on an article of clothing.

p.s. #gladmanshionisdead

Is this colorful enough for you?

Nike-SB-Stefan-Janoski-Crystal-Mint-0637.jpg

Pretty seasonal though, loved them for spring and summer, but now it's back to boots and sweaters mainly.

SolKane

While I do not typically refer to myself as a 'duder,' I am 5'7" and 125. I've long noticed that a lot of less expensive brands seem to be made for a different body shape than mine, and it's something that has bothered me for a long time. I've only recently broken down and started trying to fix my wardrobe issues, though.

I'll have to look into Uniqlo, though!

You and me need to pair up, sounds like we have the same body type

Try a Uniqlo XS casual / dress shirt... they fit me really well.

overcast

Fashion OP should just be pics of macuser and DC and maybe a post or two letting everyone know overcast is indeed, not black. Throw in that gif for good measure and we're set.
Crucial tbh.

So, I'm looking into one of these two jackets. Both are about 50-60 dollars.

Bomber Jacket:
Wool Harrington Jacket:

They aren't TOO plain, right? Buying one of them by the end of the night (since the 30% off will expire).

Mumei

That ASOS sweater I ordered came in. It is unfortunately a bit tight in the arms and shoulders (I don't even have broad shoulders! Or arms!), but it's so perfect in the body.

Sigh. :(

movie_club

Came across this fantastic plaid shirt today from Gitman Bros Vintage

gitman-bros-vintage-blackwatch-quilt.jpg

blackwatch1_grande.png

But its also quilted! Looks and feels really great in person...now have to find $200..

movie_club

Well, it is the rarest of the AW03 leather jackets, which were all made in France and are considered to be the best quality Dior Homme leather jackets. I've actually never seen one go for so cheap.

EDIT:

Luisa Via Roma put up SS14 stuff. Saint Laurent is... interesting. I don't expect I'm going to buy much from them this upcoming season. Unfortunately for my wallet, the somehow even more expensive Balmain looks awesome, which is strange, since I normally dislike Balmain.

loving Balmain and Olivier Rousteing right now.

That ASOS sweater I ordered came in. It is unfortunately a bit tight in the arms and shoulders (I don't even have broad shoulders! Or arms!), but it's so perfect in the body.

Sigh. :(
Should stretch out a little bit in both areas. If you can still function in it, it might be worth keeping.

But which one though Style!?

Got the bomber. Too late.
Bomber was the better jacket. Good choice.

Mumei

You and me need to pair up, sounds like we have the same body type

Try a Uniqlo XS casual / dress shirt... they fit me really well.

I'm looking at their shirts, and I'm not sure if XS is for me. Their size chart says that XS is for 32 - 35; I'm 35/36 in the chest (though the 14-1/4 neck sounds right). Well, they are inexpensive. I can try ordering one size and trade it in if it doesn't fit right.

Should stretch out a little bit in both areas. If you can still function in it, it might be worth keeping.

I'm going to keep it. I was reading back when I first asked about size, and from what GiJoccin mentioned, I think it should be fine.

giga

Anyone here use product on their hair?

I have short sides and a long top and want something that will make my hair less frizzy looking, but will also not make it greasy and shiny. I want to still be able to run my hands through my hair. Basically, something that keeps your hair looking and feeling natural, but providing some hold and keeping the texture smooth.

My natural hair is thick and smooth, FYI.

American Crew Fiber?

crew_advert_1.jpg

PotatoCat

Ditto on the grooming cream. I used it before and it was great. I moved on to Hanz de Fuko though, if you wanna try their stuff i suggest trying out their Scheme Cream or Sponge Wax.

Anyone here use product on their hair?

I have short sides and a long top and want something that will make my hair less frizzy looking, but will also not make it greasy and shiny. I want to still be able to run my hands through my hair. Basically, something that keeps your hair looking and feeling natural, but providing some hold and keeping the texture smooth.

My natural hair is thick and smooth, FYI.

American Crew Fiber?

crew_advert_1.jpg

Men's Hair |OT|

LJ11

American Crew Fiber can weigh your hair down if you have thin hair, so be careful with how much you use. Don't need a lot, though it does depend on your hair type.

Top Bottom