• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I've heard nothing but good things about diemme. I would say, I'd assume red wing is higher on the 'shitkicker' scale, just because of the type of leather they use.

Kwixotik

I hate buying shoes. I've currently got 3 pairs: Black/Brown low top Creative Recs, the middle shoe here, and some beeswax Clark's DBs

I mostly just wear the Creative Recs and I've worn holes in the bottom so I need new shoes. You guys have any suggestions for a very versatile shoe that I don't have to worry about getting dirty? Streetwear influence isn't necessary but might be cool, just no obnoxious shit. Cheaper is better.

Also, this is a stupid question but what color sneakers do you guys wear with black jeans? Seems simple, but nothing looks right to me.

Alucrid

Banned
I've read this entire topic and while I wasn't specifically looking for it I didn't see anything 'bad'... so I don't think I'd have much to do if I were!

Except for Style Fox not telling me about that blazer. :(

Looked but found nothing. The pic is from Citizens of Humanity AW '13, but they just sell pants.

anyone have any good sweatpants that kind of taper? I don't like them swishing around my ankles

ACNE, maybe see what Uniqlo has to offer.

I hate buying shoes. I've currently got 3 pairs: Black/Brown low top Creative Recs, the middle shoe here, and some beeswax Clark's DBs

I mostly just wear the Creative Recs and I've worn holes in the bottom so I need new shoes. You guys have any suggestions for a very versatile shoe that I don't have to worry about getting dirty? Streetwear influence isn't necessary but might be cool, just no obnoxious shit. Cheaper is better.

Also, this is a stupid question but what color sneakers do you guys wear with black jeans? Seems simple, but nothing looks right to me.

White. Always white.

vans

Zekes!

I got this Reigning Champ varsity blazer (the all black version at least) for Christmas. There's matching sweatpants that I picked up myself, though I'm not gonna wear them together (or at least I probably won't)

jwCliC77RX1t1.jpg

just to be the yin to alucrid's yang, i always wear black sneakers with my black jeans. i have white ones too, but it just doesn't look right to me.

Lirlond

Yo what should I wear to a gig on Wednesday, White Lies is playing, I don't want to look out of place but I want to look sharp

PotatoCat

31cc3c05-1790-461b-8170-6272c525a7e5_zpsf98f2c0c.jpg

why you guys gotta be so scared of color

Those sneakers look nice!
Im currently in a sneaker buying craze. I just bought 3 pairs this/last month and i normally just buy one a year. I bought the limited Nike Stefan Janoski Digi Floral, the Supra Southwest Vaiders and a pair of classic Vans. I still want more though. XD

Band of Outsiders and Atari are doing a collaboration right now.

I believe the print is of a space invader. There's also a polo with some pixel art on the breast. Pretty nice actually. PAX outfit?
Dope as hell. I'd get that in a heartbeat if the price tag wasn't so high.

That's just an assumption, I don't actually know how much it costs, but I can only imagine since it's Band of Outsiders.

I've read this entire topic and while I wasn't specifically looking for it I didn't see anything 'bad'... so I don't think I'd have much to do if I were!

Except for Style Fox not telling me about that blazer. :(
Looks like a pretty typical grey blazer if you ask me. It just fits outstandingly well. I own a Hugo Boss one almost identical to that and I'm pretty sure Topman makes something similar (if you can fit their stuff, SUPER slim).

Just look online for a grey salt and pepper or tweed type blazer. You're bound to find something you like and in your size/price range.

midnight power stretch came in the mail. they're so dark I might not even need to buy black power stretches now.
The Midnights fades are awesome. The stretch won't fade as much, but once they do you'll definitely notice that it's a blue/purple color.

Eksmannnn

Neo Member
What do you think of this outfit for a weddings night party

Stick with the grey trousers, go with black or just bin the whole thing off!?

gQN3aFE.png

Mumei

Looks like a pretty typical grey blazer if you ask me. It just fits outstandingly well. I own a Hugo Boss one almost identical to that and I'm pretty sure Topman makes something similar (if you can fit their stuff, SUPER slim).

Oh? Well, this should work swimmingly. I was asking a friend recently for suggestions for places to get clothes from and he had suggested Topman for shirts. I should fit fine; I'm just not sure about 34 or 36. I believe I'm a 35, though I might have to double check that.

Holy fuck, a thousand? You guys are out of my league.

Well, it is the rarest of the AW03 leather jackets, which were all made in France and are considered to be the best quality Dior Homme leather jackets. I've actually never seen one go for so cheap.

EDIT:

Luisa Via Roma put up SS14 stuff. Saint Laurent is... interesting. I don't expect I'm going to buy much from them this upcoming season. Unfortunately for my wallet, the somehow even more expensive Balmain looks awesome, which is strange, since I normally dislike Balmain.

PotatoCat

Whats the best way to break in new sneakers? The sides of my feet hurt when I wear my new digi floral janoskis. I really don't want to return them and ask for a bigger size (I'm lazy).

Luisa Via Roma put up SS14 stuff. Saint Laurent is... interesting. I don't expect I'm going to buy much from them this upcoming season. Unfortunately for my wallet, the somehow even more expensive Balmain looks awesome, which is strange, since I normally dislike Balmain.
givenchy doubling down on insane shirt prices. I remember when christopher kane's prints were expensive.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

Oh? Well, this should work swimmingly. I was asking a friend recently for suggestions for places to get clothes from and he had suggested Topman for shirts. I should fit fine; I'm just not sure about 34 or 36. I believe I'm a 35, though I might have to double check that.
Probably go for the 36. When I say it fits slim I mean SLIM. I tried on a 40 (my usual size) and almost tore through the armholes when I put it on. Definitely built for that slim British boy band build.

If you can fit it though it's hard to beat for the price.

Yoshiya

any duffle coat suggestions? not sure if i like the uniqlo one as much as i used to - they've changed the collar i think.

$200 to $500, grey/black and warm is what i'm after.

Quick

Banned
Black jeans with a pair of brownish-grey desert boots: yes or no?

I tried them on just now, and I can't decide.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Black jeans with a pair of brownish-grey desert boots: yes or no?

I tried them on just now, and I can't decide.

I have what are, presumably, the same boots and wear them with black jeans all the time. It's good. The color looks better with black than blue, actually.

but I mean, that guy is right: black goes with everything, and pairing it with brown is definitely not a no-no any more (hasn't been for a long time).

Black jeans are best jeans confirmed. I've worn my black jeans every day since I bought them three months ago, and they literally go with everything I put on. I'm actually going to buy another pair of the same jeans so I don't wear the first pair down too much.

SolKane

Any y'all little duders in here? I'm 5'7" ~120 lbs and it's a pain in the ass finding threads ever. Uniqlo XS button downs are a fucking god send though, fit is perfect for me. Jeans/pants are another animal though.

Black jeans are best jeans confirmed. I've worn my black jeans every day since I bought them three months ago, and they literally go with everything I put on. I'm actually going to buy another pair of the same jeans so I don't wear the first pair down too much.
I love my black jeans as well. I'd wear them more often but I'm currently breaking in a brand new pair of 16.5oz Japan Blue's. Need to get some good wear in them before I can rotate back.

Quick

Banned
Black jeans work with everything

Brown desert boots work with everything

I have what are, presumably, the same boots and wear them with black jeans all the time. It's good. The color looks better with black than blue, actually.

but I mean, that guy is right: black goes with everything, and pairing it with brown is definitely not a no-no any more (hasn't been for a long time).

Thanks, guys. I'll try that out next time. I ended up just wearing a pair of black/white hi-top Chuck Taylors, which looked fine.

This is my first pair of black jeans in years, and I love it. I definitely think most of my casual outfits works well with it.

Any y'all little duders in here? I'm 5'7" ~120 lbs and it's a pain in the ass finding threads ever. Uniqlo XS button downs are a fucking god send though, fit is perfect for me. Jeans/pants are another animal though.
5'6" 150lbs, Uniqlo S button downs fit great. Can't buy shit from H&M because apparently all of their clothes are made for 6' 120lb dudes with no torsos and huge arms

Top Bottom