• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

So should I wait for that line that to drop you think? They got the stacked black waxed that they made just for barneys but it's designed to be worn low on the hips which I don't like the sound of.
I haven't seen the Barney's one. I know they usually get exclusives (most of the time they suck) and I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of them.

The waxed models I saw when looking through the SS14 lookbook awhile back were just standard waxed. Black and Navy I believe. Should be out late January/early Feb.

Ordered a new watch and acne waxed denim. Can't show n&f all the love all the time. I will buy one pair when I see their full s/s 2014 offerings in stores.

All that's left is those sneakers I been wanting. Part of me wants those SLP hi-tops pretty bad.

get the vintage cp highs.

19-07-2013_cp_originalvintagehi_white1.jpg

edit: oh shit totokaelo man put some shit on sale...

I dunno bro I have the black version and they are pretty slick. I think it looks that way because of how it's laced. dat tongue pop. plus I think it would fit your chillaxed bro vibe better than slp (depending on model).

edit: the white vintage and geller high pretty much identically shaped in person (saw both at the same store)... man that geller high. I really don't need more sneakers right now haha.

I'm gonna do a lot of soul searching on this one. There's a huge amount of options when you're talking about this price range. cp's, lanvin, slp, grifoni, givenchy, margiela, hardy, etq amsterdam, mcqueen.

I'm gonna do a lot of soul searching on this one. There's a huge amount of options when you're talking about this price range. cp's, lanvin, slp, grifoni, givenchy, margiela, hardy, etq amsterdam, mcqueen.
gianvito rossi has some nice things too

does lanvin even make non-crayola sneakers anymore?

I haven't really seen much like them, sadly. $400 right now at totokaeloman.

if it makes you feel better, they are substantially nicer in person. the suede has a nice earthy warm that is offset perfectly by the elongated jet black calf tongue.

I just love how some people here pay no mind spending money on whatever new tech is out but can't fathom people buying clothes to look nice.

Jake.

excluding my macbook air which i bought at the start of 2013, i haven't spent more than $200 on tech in the last 5 years. i don't own a tv, a videogame system (haven't since the ps2) and my phone was 'free' on my plan - i sold my stereo and majority of my record collection a few years ago...but i might buy another decent setup down the line if i ever make a decent salary. just ordered some new eternal 883s though after retiring the momo's (3yrs old and falling apart) and sams (i apparently got fat). to be fair, these days i spend most of my disposable income on books or fragrances since i live in australia and basically wear the same shit all the time due to the heat. i wouldn't have a problem dropping $1400 on an acronym shell (especially i could actually try it on and handle it physically...online is such a gamble from here due to intl shipping charges being a motherfucker), but i just can't justify spending that much money when i'd get to wear it for about 2 weeks of the year at the most. i never got interested in fashion because i wanted to look 'better', but i was interested in the design concepts and how one can identify with a particular garment or the history/story behind. i dress for myself, not anyone else - i was wearing cropped and/or high cuffed trousers 5+ years ago living in a very small, conservative town and was constantly made fun of but i didn't give a shit because i liked it. the problem with soley buying clothes to look 'better' is that the definition 'better' is always going to change depending on what is supposedly perceived to be on trend at the time and what isn't. years ago people would stare at my trousers and smirk, but now every dude who skimmed gq or styleforum and is suddenly #menswear does it - in a few years people will be smirking at me again.

also, i was banned the other day from sufu for 24hrs after posting for 6 years. it was a dark day.

edit: been posting here for 8 years, fuck.

Jake.

i called a mod out. like any forum (including here), it has 'evolved' a lot from when i first started lurking (2006ish) to posting (2008) to now. still lots of day 1 OG posters left though.

Make sure to use the appropriate "thinking about buying and wearing this _____" format
i called a mod out. like any forum (including here), it has 'evolved' a lot from when i first started lurking (2006ish) to posting (2008) to now. still lots of day 1 OG posters left though.
most sufu mods need to be called out daily, IME. I haven't been there in years, maybe I should sign up
as jmatsu2

edit: found my old account. man I said some stupid shit haha. I blame drugs.

$200 is a good price for (quality) jeans. It's actually pretty standard in the raw denim world.

It's the designer shit that gets overpriced denim wise. Fuck off with those $1500 Balmain jeans.

Salazar

I just love how some people here pay no mind spending money on whatever new tech is out but can't fathom people buying clothes to look nice.

I'm about to switch back from being a jacket accumulator to throwing money at my pc. I've found enough ways to exercise that I ain't as scared anymore about it turning me into an utterly sedentary dude.

overcast

I haven't really seen much like them, sadly. $400 right now at totokaeloman.

if it makes you feel better, they are substantially nicer in person. the suede has a nice earthy warm that is offset perfectly by the elongated jet black calf tongue.
Jesus man. I wish. They're pretty great.

Need new shoes.

usea

I'm thinking about getting these. I don't have any nice shoes. I've recently shifted my wardrobe to button up shirts, slacks and ties, but I'm still wearing some terrible shoes from Aldo.
(from myhabit) They're just a bit pricey for me ($250). Not sure.

I've seen some of these in person, they're very nicely put together. definitely worth considering at that price.

they have a pair in black I might get, actually. thanks for linking me haha.

yeah I just noticed those were bluchers. I don't think that's necessarily bad (I like some of those naughty fashion bluchers) but if you want a formal shoe, gotta go with a balmoral captoe. fortunately, myhabit seems to have a shitload of them from that label.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, Fashion-GAF, the time has come for me to find a coat of some sort. Needs to be able to stand up to a fair old amount of rain, but also not look awful. I come to you because I understand fashion about as well as a fish understands podiatry; and without your help I risk looking like Kermit the Frog meets Woolly Mammoth.

what kind of coat? something casual etc? suit-friendly? price range?

if it's just for kicking around in, you'll probably get a lot of recs for filson, if that's your thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
what kind of coat? something casual etc? suit-friendly? price range?

if it's just for kicking around in, you'll probably get a lot of recs for filson, if that's your thing.

Casual enough it wouldn't look out of place if I were to wear out around the city, formal enough that I wouldn't be looked down upon if I were to wear it to a relatively nice evening occasion. Suit-friendly is a nice bonus, but probably not required. Price range is up to £150 or so; only a student so can't really afford to break the bank over it.

EDIT: The Filson stuff is nice, but they don't do UK-shipping.

ah, well, since you're uk I can't really give you precise recommendations since I don't know what or where to get things there. but a caban coat (typically looks like a slightly longer peacoat) would probably be good. can be dressed down with jeans/etc, can work well enough with a suit in inclement weather.

Casual enough it wouldn't look out of place if I were to wear out around the city, formal enough that I wouldn't be looked down upon if I were to wear it to a relatively nice evening occasion. Suit-friendly is a nice bonus, but probably not required. Price range is up to £150 or so; only a student so can't really afford to break the bank over it.

EDIT: The Filson stuff is nice, but they don't do UK-shipping.

Check this out.

http://www.mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_outerwear&product=1051
http://www.mkistore.co.uk/product_details.php?range=Men_outerwear&product=1082

Top Bottom