• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

MegalonJJ

Banned
I'm leaning more towards a grey suit. Though I don't think we'll be needing a tie or jacket coz it's in the middle of summer. Not sure on his budget, will have to check.

This is a pretty popular store here, will probably drag him here. http://www.yd.com.au/

I think it's only fair to recommend something of good quality and so I would suggest that you go ahead and take a trip to London to see David Mason who can fit your boyfriend with a beautiful three piece suit in a grey (rather black and white) Glen Urquhart check.

giga

He might buy a jacket but considering we may be in for 30c+++ weather, he won't be wearing it. It's an inside wedding thankfully but we have to prepare for the worst temperature wise.

What material would you recomend then? I know nothing about suits
Wool. Summer suits can be made with linen...but for a first suit I wouldn't get linen.

Jacket: http://shop.herringbone.com/ProductDetail/mens/suiting/charcoal_fine_twill_jacket/8825
Pant: http://shop.herringbone.com/ProductDetail/mens/suiting/charcoal_fine_twill_trouser/8834

coldvein

Banned
how do i know what ring size i wear

i need one of these

f03a3f5a.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In one of the other men's fashion threads (it was either the manshion thread or the one before it) someone once posted a pair of shorts (or were they swim trunks?) with cats on them (I think just cat heads). They were awesome and I lost the pic. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
In one of the other men's fashion threads (it was either the manshion thread or the one before it) someone once posted a pair of shorts (or were they swim trunks?) with cats on them (I think just cat heads). They were awesome and I lost the pic. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

They were from a Topman designer collection a couple years back. Definitely not available any more... I tried to get a pair, myself. -__-

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They were from a Topman designer collection a couple years back. Definitely not available any more... I tried to get a pair, myself. -__-

Dammit. :/ You don't happen to have a picture of it though, do you? I...need to see those magnificent shorts one last time. ;___;

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm having issues finding decent slim fit (or just tailored look) dress pants. I tried the Docker D1's this weekend and because of my bigger thighs they didn't fit. I then tried the straight fit Dockers and they worked, but the leg opening looked huge.

Any recommendation for good brands of dress pants that fit well and don't look baggy in the leg? Preferably a tapered fit or just something that fits bigger thighs? Also I don't want to spend a ton, I'd like to be able to buy 2-3 pairs.

EDIT:
Also I want some classic white Nike's to wear with jeans this spring/summer. Suggestions? Do I go for Air Force 1's?

there is no reason to ban deadly cyclone for wearing dockers, resident fashion-gaf mod

will miss u bb

add; need to add some shit to fashion week thread. been busy with actual bb.

Where is a good place to buy some vintage clothing specifically Carhartt? I am kind of developing an obsession with Carhartt but only their current "Made in the USA" line and their old vintage USA made stuff.

Obviously there's eBay and I am fussing around with this site called Etsy. How is that?

Does anyone know where you could buy a white duffle-coat for men? Kind of tired of all my winter-gear being navy or black and would like something brighter.

Alucrid

Banned
I've seen sprezz in a couple of different places lately... What is it a reference to or what does it mean?

Shameless wikipedia copy

Sprezzatura is an Italian word originating from Baldassare Castiglione's The Book of the Courtier, where it is defined by the author as "a certain nonchalance, so as to conceal all art and make whatever one does or says appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it".[1] It is the ability of the courtier to display "an easy facility in accomplishing difficult actions which hides the conscious effort that went into them".[2] Sprezzatura has also been described "as a form of defensive irony: the ability to disguise what one really desires, feels, thinks, and means or intends behind a mask of apparent reticence and nonchalance".

Midas

I'm waiting for an item from that collection too. I was gonna go to Barney's this weekend, see if they have it there. I'd say the same for you.

I would, if I lived anywhere near New York, if we're talking about NY. They probably have a few more stores. Stockholm isn't that close. :(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Great color coordination. His details are fantastic too. Not crazy about the huge lapels though.

I think he wears large lapels due to how built he is. The part on his blazers where the shoulders connect to the arms also look like they're oversized, but I'm guessing that's due to the same reason.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Was reading some old features on TSBMen and came across this dude Khaled Nasr.

Everything this guy wears is 100% on point...

My new inspiration.

Colour combinations (and some of those cloths) are very good.

The first blazer, fit wise, is just about passable but the rest look comical, particularly the blue blazer where the lapel edge extends above the shoulder, not to mention the bowing lapels.

The belt loops tarnish the otherwise very nice first trousers.

Midas

There's Dries Van Noten stores in Antwerp, Paris, and London, if you happen to be around those parts of Europe.

Yeah, I was in contact with Dries Van Noten directly (no the man himself of course), and they said the item I want will be sold in Antwerpen. So, I e-mailed the store and they said they could ship it to me. Only issue is that there's no returns nor exchange. But I guess I can go with medium or 48, as that is what I usually get.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

GiJoccin

Top Bottom