• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
Eh just found out about MYHABIT, there's so much stuff I want to buy for amazing prices, what's the catch?
It's Amazon, so no catch and great service. The only issue might be prime not working on purchases, but I've gotten plenty of items through them and was happy.

what's your first impression on these casual boots?

bboots_zpsc4b3059d.png

I don't have a lot to spend and I'm looking for something effective.

They didn't look that great when I saw them :(

Got my Johnston & Murphy double monks in the mail today. Took like three weeks, but I wasn't in any hurry, so eh.

tumblr_mz28ujGgkI1r5zu1to1_500.jpg

The picture flash washes them out a bit, but they're a really neat darkish burgundy colour. Looks sharp. Only issue is that it feels a bit tight around the heel/ankle area. Not bad, I think it'll be alright once I break it in. These are probably the most expensive shoes I've ever bought, so... yeah ($130). I like them though.

Bought two pairs of Levi's 504 Commuters today. Each item was also 50% off so basically... I bought two pairs of jeans for the sale price of one.

I'm quite satisfied.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I need new work pants. These Banana Republic chinos are bugging me with their pockets that stick out and the creases that form under the beltline and on the fly. I think it may be time to switch from chinos to dress pants for work unless I can find some solid chinos.

Where do you guys get good slim fit chinos or dress pants without spending a fortune?

My issue is because of the way the BR chinos fit it always looks like my button ups are a bit poofy at the bottom even though they are slim fit. Drives me nuts to have a tight beltline and then the shirt right above it be a bit poofy. May sound dumb, but it's hard to describe.

I may need to get my shirts tailored a bit, but I think new pants will help.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I need new work pants. These Banana Republic chinos are bugging me with their pockets that stick out and the creases that form under the beltline and on the fly. I think it may be time to switch from chinos to dress pants for work unless I can find some solid chinos.

Where do you guys get good slim fit chinos or dress pants without spending a fortune?

My issue is because of the way the BR chinos fit it always looks like my button ups are a bit poofy at the bottom even though they are slim fit. Drives me nuts to have a tight beltline and then the shirt right above it be a bit poofy. May sound dumb, but it's hard to describe.

Bonobos! Bow down!

MegalonJJ

Banned

Timothy Everest is a good choice for bespoke trousers, so I'd suggest giving them a call. (I'd recommend button tab adjusters on the waist too).

Thinking about getting a solid red button down shirt and a solid black tie to go with it, gonna combine it with a suit. Good or bad idea manshion-gaf?

I could see that looking ok-good with a navy suit, but I think a red gingham shirt and a dark dark blue tie would be more ideal. red/black is a pretty intense color combo.

giga

For dress pants, Lands End. They have a tailored line that fits me well.

Jeels

GAF, I am going to DC for a weekend in mid January. I live in Houston, TX so I don't know what it's like weather wise (we do at points get 20-40 degree weather here, like currently), but I wanted to know if I should buy anything extra?

I was considering a beanie, would like something in the $15-35 range. But I am open to other recommendations/suggestions.

Would like links and what not if available. And soon please, as shipping time needs to be factored in. :(

Thanks.

I know this isn't probably the best thread to post this in, but it's a stupid question to make a new thread on.

GAF, I currently have mid to long-ish length hair. It's a total pain to deal with and takes forever to dry and look good. I'm looking to go back to shorter hair. Does anyone have any suggestions for some shorter hair styles that look good and don't require too much work? I went really short about a year ago, but didn't like it.

I know this isn't probably the best thread to post this in, but it's a stupid question to make a new thread on.

GAF, I currently have mid to long-ish length hair. It's a total pain to deal with and takes forever to dry and look good. I'm looking to go back to shorter hair. Does anyone have any suggestions for some shorter hair styles that look good and don't require too much work? I went really short about a year ago, but didn't like it.

Try the Men's Hair thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489323

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Johnston & Murphy double monks in the mail today. Took like three weeks, but I wasn't in any hurry, so eh.

The picture flash washes them out a bit, but they're a really neat darkish burgundy colour. Looks sharp. Only issue is that it feels a bit tight around the heel/ankle area. Not bad, I think it'll be alright once I break it in. These are probably the most expensive shoes I've ever bought, so... yeah ($130). I like them though.

Wow, those look really nice, and the price is actually really good. Where did you order them from?

ekimneems

Neo Member
Unionmade sale should be happening any day now and I've got a $200 gift card. I'm good with shoes/boots. I think if anything I need some shirts.

Thinking about one of these:

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/unionmade-united-arrows-aulico-dobby-shirt-in-indigo-stripe/

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/unionmade-indigo-journal-standard-check-work-shirt/

And then this Howlin' scarf: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/howlin-by-morrison-preston-scarf-in-one/

Thoughts? Other suggestions for shirts??? Needs to be in size Small though.

friday

GAF, I am going to DC for a weekend in mid January. I live in Houston, TX so I don't know what it's like weather wise (we do at points get 20-40 degree weather here, like currently), but I wanted to know if I should buy anything extra?

I was considering a beanie, would like something in the $15-35 range. But I am open to other recommendations/suggestions.

Would like links and what not if available. And soon please, as shipping time needs to be factored in. :(

Thanks.

Layers are they key to cold weather. Wear insulating stuff like wool and down as a base and then something to protect you from wind as you outermost layer. Warm socks, gloves, hat, and scarf will help too.

Wow, those look really nice, and the price is actually really good. Where did you order them from?

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?pid=97822&search=carlock

That's a great price. Time to look up some reviews of these shoes.

Edit: Ah, comes to $130 with tax and shipping. Now I see what NotTheGuyYouKill was talking about with the price.

When I ordered, it adjusted to Canadian pricing, so the shoes were $130 and the shipping was a flat $10 (no duty or tax). The American price is even better, $109.

These are really, really nice shoes.

How do guys feel about waxed denim?
Waxed is a cool look sometimes. I wouldn't wear it enough to warrant spending a lot of money on a pair of waxed jeans though, or a jacket for that matter.

Naked & Famous is bringing back their waxed denim for SS14 though so expect to see more of it on the streets soon.

SeanR1221

Damn you banana republic!!! Damn youuuuu!!!

Now after two washes my shirts have shrunk in height. An XL should not fit like a belly shirt.

You know what stays consistent for me? Target mossimo. That's all I'm buying in t shirts from now on. I wonder how their golf shirts fit.

*this is drying on delicate like ladies underwears*

Ahasverus

Hi guys I need your help! I need a new haircut and I'm in a hurry, I'd like to ask you for suggestions, I like the classy style.

I'm going to the saloon in an hour :3

freshair

Clarks are having a pretty decent sale. Can't decide if I want these or not though.

20351707_A_p.jpg

Is that suede? I prefer the leather variants.

Also if you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, Clarks are cheaper there (around ~60) if they're in stock (though lesser options).

Waxed is a cool look sometimes. I wouldn't wear it enough to warrant spending a lot of money on a pair of waxed jeans though, or a jacket for that matter.

Naked & Famous is bringing back their waxed denim for SS14 though so expect to see more of it on the streets soon.

So should I wait for that line that to drop you think? They got the stacked black waxed that they made just for barneys but it's designed to be worn low on the hips which I don't like the sound of.

jesalr

Is that suede? I prefer the leather variants.

Also if you have a Nordstrom Rack near you, Clarks are cheaper there (around ~60) if they're in stock (though lesser options).

In the UK, so sadly not. These were £40, so roughly $60 anyway.

Might cancel the order though, would probably rather have the beeswax, but they're never on sale.

I've been considering getting wine/burgandy/oxblood shoes for quite some time now and this post rekindled my desire. Started looking today and then I realized...What do I match these with? Any advice out there?

Top Bottom